arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
something i found on the web
I find the review very poorly written enough to confuse people and enough to completely throw out post4vps, the giveaway process and post4vps.com.  I don't find it well written at all.  I disagree with @xdude.  This guy gave a very BAD writeup about post4host service in general - and threw out post4vps.com in the process - like at the end he specifically says not to despair as he has other solutions to suggest. This guy misrepresents.  If the review is his sum total experience of free hosting and VPS it is very iffy.  Be honest, if you read the part of the review about the giveaway process, does he give the impression he knows how the process really works - he has experience using it? 

I was completely unimpressed with the article starting with this opening sentence:

Quote:Compared to shared hosting, a Virtual Private Server is a much more advanced and expensive option – which costs more for the companies to maintain and the users to buy. And while finding good free web hosting isn’t that much of an issue, a free VPS is much, much more difficult.
This guy is misrepresenting.  In essence it is true, but getting really quality free web hosting these days can be just as difficult.  There are many less free hosts available in both free web hosting as well as free VPS.  But yes, due to the fact the VPS needs to get an IP, there is more of a challenge to get a "free" VPS than free hosting.  But remember that pin-up thread at freevps.us about all the scam shared hosting hosts.  Free shared hosting hoax sites are in great abundance out there as well.  Maybe his focus is more on VPSs in this article to the detriment of his knowledge about shared free hosting - but even as VPSs go he missed the point completely.  His scathing view of the giveaway process is so lacking in understanding - I'd be tempted to write to that review site and complain about the badly written review. 

I'd particularly protest against these paragraphs that were written about post4vps that clearly shows a great lack of insight on his part - and if you did carry on reading one would come to the conclusion this review is a "scam review" trying to sell the entry level of paid services - he's trying to score brownie points with them:

Quote:So, therefore – free VPS is possible, in theory. However, it’s very often a data mining operation, a straightforward scam or an attempt to build a fake community by promising its users freebies.

So, as you may imagine, the competition isn’t exactly shining. If you’re looking for the best free VPS, you may have a really hard time.

But I’ll try and make this right. If you’re now wondering “what should I do then?” , simply carry on reading.

There is a BIG difference between what those entry level/trial "free" VPSs offer than with the quality VPSs one can get at post4vps. Not to forget that in most instances one has to give the commerical VPS providers credit card info and detailed personal information - like for me there is more data mining with those kind of sites than post4vps could ever have.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
something i found on the web - by perry - 10-29-2018, 09:08 AM
RE: something i found on the web - by perry - 10-29-2018, 10:36 AM
RE: something i found on the web - by Rehan - 10-29-2018, 10:38 AM
RE: something i found on the web - by Mashiro - 10-29-2018, 11:03 AM
RE: something i found on the web - by Vuluts - 10-29-2018, 11:18 AM
RE: something i found on the web - by xdude - 10-29-2018, 01:32 PM
RE: something i found on the web - by Manal - 10-29-2018, 01:54 PM
RE: something i found on the web - by deanhills - 10-31-2018, 05:16 AM
RE: something i found on the web - by rudra - 11-12-2018, 01:53 PM
RE: something i found on the web - by xdude - 11-12-2018, 02:12 PM
RE: something i found on the web - by deanhills - 11-13-2018, 08:32 AM
RE: something i found on the web - by tryp4vps - 11-12-2018, 04:30 PM
RE: something i found on the web - by xdude - 11-13-2018, 10:39 AM
RE: something i found on the web - by deanhills - 11-14-2018, 05:00 AM
RE: something i found on the web - by xdude - 11-14-2018, 06:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting