arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you know of old tech mobile phones that will work with US 4G technology?
(12-04-2018, 04:37 PM)rudra Wrote: jeesuss christ dean!!

i didnt know they have no 2g and 3g there anymore ! what about backwards compatibility ? what about old phones and people still wanting to use them ? what are they using those spectrums for then ? now that there are no more of those usable signals.

thats really not good if you ask me. 2g was so power efficient. i always have 2g when not using data.

also to answer your query, i have never seen or heard about any phone that works on 4g but has no bluetooth and wifi stack / system. may be you could make a modular custom one as a project. but that will be hugely more costly. you would do better by trying to disable those on a regular phone.

latest snapdragon mobile chips are very powerful and power efficient too. i see people getting couple of days of standby time and 10-12 hr talk time. with newer battery techs and battery packs you should not have much issue.

i have a 1110i nokia.
When my 2G phone was dead I was told that it was because 2G and 3G were dropped by the networks, but I still wonder whether that was the popular excuse and that possibly the technology of mobile phones are different in North America. At one point of my searches I discovered that North America works with different bands. So who knows there may be a chance that the real reason my phone is dead is because the technology of the phone doesn't work in North America. There may be an equivalent of Nokia that is made for North America that will do the job. I probably need to do more research about this. Smile

Just checked on Amazon and maybe my theory has a good chance of being right.  2G does work, but a 2G that has been designed for the US and Canada - such as below - North America is on a different technology than rest of the world for 2G phones. My 4G Xperia that I purchased in the Middle East however did work in Canada - so I guess 4G is more equal than 2G and 3G:
https://www.amazon.com/New-Nokia-1100-fo...nokia+1100
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
08-16-2020, 10:55 AM
Last Post: tryp4vps
07-30-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Lampard

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting