arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something from the archives.
'Snot a problem. I enjoyed playing and recording and, frankly, I think music is best when it is shared. I also enjoy the complexity that is Metallica's guitar. They're a very talented group of musicians and it's a good time trying to replicate them exactly as they sounded in the studio.

Alas, I'm not a big fan of vocal work. I can, and do, sing - but I much prefer not to. First and foremost, I'm a musician - and not a vocalist. I can sing "well enough" but I've had the chance to work with great vocalists and I'll never be a great vocalist. My only saving grace is that I can mimic a bunch of artists, with some degree of accuracy.

I can't imagine what my life would look like, if I didn't have music. My first instrument was percussion. I started formal percussion lessons at the age of five. I started formal guitar lessons at the age of eleven. I'm now sixty one years old and I've been playing guitar for a little bit longer than five decades.

I strongly suspect I'll be playing for the rest of my life. It is nearing time for me to retire from the stage. I've spent a lot of years performing and I like it a great deal, but I'm aging and performing is a young-person's game. I can no longer jump off the amps, slide across the stage on my knees, or be nearly as active as I used to be. (My broken femur means that I'm pretty inactive, currently.)

I'll be taking to the stage on the first of February. I took all of January off - though I ended up with a bunch of other things that needed my attention. I'm looking forward to it.
Happily sponsored by Shadow Hosting & Post4VPS!

Messages In This Thread
Something from the archives. - by KGIII - 01-22-2019, 12:30 AM
RE: Something from the archives. - by rudra - 01-22-2019, 03:49 AM
RE: Something from the archives. - by KGIII - 01-23-2019, 09:39 PM
RE: Something from the archives. - by rudra - 01-25-2019, 03:38 PM
RE: Something from the archives. - by KGIII - 01-25-2019, 06:33 PM
RE: Something from the archives. - by rudra - 01-25-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: Something from the archives. - by KGIII - 01-25-2019, 07:21 PM
RE: Something from the archives. - by humanpuff69 - 01-26-2019, 04:59 PM
RE: Something from the archives. - by KGIII - 01-27-2019, 02:32 AM
RE: Something from the archives. - by Kururin - 01-28-2019, 05:47 AM
RE: Something from the archives. - by KGIII - 01-28-2019, 01:25 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting