arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do video games contribute to violence?
(08-09-2019, 04:18 AM)deanhills Wrote: Wow!  Do you think Trump is that powerful?  That's a bit far-fetched though isn't it, to make him responsible for kids who are completely out of control.  I get it that you think Trump's tweets and comments are divisive, but I wonder if that character who was responsible for the El Paso shootings was influenced by what Trump had to say about anything. Like who are the guys who are blasting Trump's messages over the media? I think if there is place one should look at are those media discussions about racism, as by trying to advocate "against" anti-Trump "racism", they're spreading racism themselves.

Back to games.  There has to be a psychological effect if someone who is already imbalanced and looking to get out of his life, plays games 24 hours of the day.  At some point his vision of life has to become completely distorted, and if he has guns, it could be just easier for him to "break loose".  If Trump mentioned games as glorifying violence, then I'm sure it didn't come from him.  He must have studied research on it.  Most of what he says he gets from the staff surrounding him.  Or paperwork that was passed to him.

It's possible that people do get reality bent spending countless hours on their favorite games as their subconscious is filled with video games. Some people get angry over a death or huge mistake on a video game (usually in multiplayer) and can start throwing tantrums in real life and punch the wall and put a hole in it or even break their keyboard or whatever else depending on the rage level. But is it really their fault?

Don't seek to fix a problem by patching the leak over and over again. Seek to fix a problem by getting to the root cause of an issue and everything falls into place. I think the root cause of criminal activity is parenting. Our parents raise us to be functional members of society and if they don't do their part then the child can be affected greatly. It is the parent's responsibility to raise their children correctly to not become a criminal in the first place.
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do video games contribute to violence? - by SRTerabytes - 08-09-2019, 10:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-30-2021, 05:59 PM
Last Post: xdude
06-29-2020, 07:33 AM
Last Post: humanpuff69
05-24-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: sAmI

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting