arrow_upward

Poll: What's your opinion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
We are gonna meet the same fate.
40.00%
We are gonna conquer that thing.
20.00%
I really don't care...not my are of concern!
40.00%
Total
5 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonna meet the same fate as dinosaurs?
(08-29-2019, 04:27 PM)sohamb03 Wrote: Having said all this, I feel I've gone to far to the extent of skeptical criticism, so let's cool the situation. My post isn't to suggest that no action is being taken in this regard. In this context, I'd like to highlight a steaming hot development in this area. On Sunday, Modi Government launched a massive tree plantation drive and has made provisions so that this is implemented even in the remotest corner of the country. In New Delhi, circulars were sent to all schools including ours, making it a must for students to participate in this endeavor. So yesterday our principal launched a new club in the school known as the 'Bosco Green Allaince' which will cater to these interests. I'm a proud core member of this committee.

To sum up, I'd like to say that this should be transformed into a global effort and an international (preferably UN) conference, should be held to implement this, and each country should participate. Let's start this revolution, by taking a vow to plant a sapling near our house.

Regards,
Great initiative @sohamb03 - but aren't we having those international environmental conferences and global think tanks anyway? It's a very popular theme for those trying to be elected or trying to stay in power - but doing much too little - like barely denting the huge task of tackling environmental issues. Like I haven't seen any of those global initiatives tackling the huge overpopulation of the earth, that for me is the biggest problem of mankind. Too many people and a total unhealthy distribution of the resources. You get individuals with billions of dollars in their accounts controlling and mismanaging the steadily growing scarce assets of the earth.  

Here in the city I'm living in they have similar urban initiatives to the one you mentioned in New Delhi - I think they're all over the world. The Dutch, which is one of the most heavily populated countries due to their shortage of space to live in provide an excellent example of what can be done with greening populated environments.  The local Government here in my city donates a piece of land, and then locals can apply for getting a tiny plot to put some greens in it.  It's actually cool, it does do its contribution, but for me it again pales against allowing citizens at the same time to use so many disposable coffee cups, plastic take away containers, mass pollution of the city, like the city can't keep up with all of the rubbish that is being generated.  My stomach literally turns over when I use the public transit system with humans eating - more like chowing and guzzling down plastic food - that is probably going to create the future chronic diseases that the local health system can barely cope with.  Again, this is happening as a result of greed.  Mismanaged Government.  Corruption.

There are so many homeless living on the streets.  And populating the parks around here.  Some are genuine cases of unable to afford the local housing that is basic unaffordable for your lower income and no income groups. Again a consequence of allowing the real estate market to get to this point - no doubt Government officials are looking the other way while they are profiting themselves from lucrative local real estate developments and also the rates and taxes that are payable on those very expensive properties. But others are just humans who have given up, or fell out of the minimum wage job market.  It's a tough society for any person to survive in.  Again, though, in my opinion since they are also generating lots of waste, including human waste, this is contributing to a public health hazard as well.  Local Government is allowing border line mental patients to be discharged from overpopulated Government mental homes.  They can't look after themselves, so are at the mercy of those providing them with a few coins, or some of the soup kitchens that good people are setting up to feed them with.  Worst part is that they are released without meds, or the ability to take the meds as per the prescriptions, so all kinds of issues develop, including abuse of drug use, theft and break-ins to get hold of meds, etc.  Like one bad public health issue leading to another and complete social degradation.

I welcome the asteroid!   Tongue
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gonna meet the same fate as dinosaurs? - by deanhills - 08-29-2019, 11:33 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting