arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please recommend some budget laptops
Hello everyone,
                           I need some help deciding the best laptop to buy for a friend under certain conditions which I am going to mention below. First, let me tell you that I know I can google and all. Still I wanted to see what you would go for in my situation. So here goes the details,

She works at a power distribution corporation and she is paying for her own laptop. There is no hard budget constraint, but she does not want to go for surface pro or some such costly blingy top class amazing piece of tech just for the fun. What she wants is

1) be able to run softwares to design and analyse electrical and electronic ( i guess) circuits and analyse them on it.

2) All normal communication, media consumption and browsing stuff without a hitch. That is a given.

3) She has a desktop and so is not too concerned about being able to play games on it.

4) Good backup. That might be a no brainer for some. 

5) Hopefully a processor and graphics system that stays relevant for the next couple years. I am thinking Ryzen mobile APU with vega or Intel 10th gen mobile ones here.

SO ... I dunno. Budget might be 40 or 50 thousand or even more. Just do your best. A couple thousand more or less does not matter. But it should add some value and be justifiable.

I would like some personal input from your replies. Please dont post random comments or copy or rewrite stuff from internet.

I dont mind you mentioning a very latest article talking about the latest gen laptops that just came out in the market and with some good analysis and valid points though.

Thanks a lot.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Messages In This Thread
please recommend some budget laptops - by rudra - 01-29-2020, 08:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting