arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fully automated Let's Encrypt certificate renewal with CloudFlare
@youssefbasha

Well, how can I answer this question with such little information and no experience with OGP???

I would say that it would cause no real problem or no problem that you can't easily solve. Sites using HTTPS can still load HTTP resources unless this was forbidden by web server configurations. On the other hand you can easily edit the theme files and change all HTTP to HTTPS links for resources. Easy enough to do this.

However if you can manage to do that... not for me to decide.

Imho:
It would be actually a good design step on theme developent to actually never use a protocol when loading resources (like //www.url.to/aresource.ext). This way the themes will automatically load the resources over the protocol that the site uses. So if your site uses HTTPS the resources will load over HTTPS, too. That said to have this working all resources need to be available over HTTPS. Nowadays if you are still using pure HTTP you are doing it wrong . No excuse to no use HTTPS nowadays with free wildcard TLS certificates and other resources being free to use/available for free.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Kururin

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting