arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up to 3x free IPv6 only VPS by EUserv
(03-18-2020, 05:19 PM)AmirGT Wrote: Believe or not, I was searching for it too last bight but I couldn't find anything, how did you manage to make it work?

I thought I answered that question (for Linux) when I mentioned the installation of 'miredo'. If you're on Windows, I think it supports the teredo protocol out-of-the-box. You just have to set the server to something that is actually still working (i.e. teredo.remlab.net.) For the specifics on windows, you have to look it up (it may involve tweaking its registry, not sure though.)

If you're on Linux though and still can't get miredo work, just tell us where things fail in that process. The main thing is that when the miredo service is started it will create a pseudo-interface named teredo (you'll find it when you  run the ifconfig or ip -a commands.) That interface will get the dynamic IPv6 that the server will assign it.

Just remember, for as long as that interface is up (ie miredo service is running), you'll no longer be invisible -because of the NAT-, but exposed via that dynamically assigned IPv6 address.

Anyway, I intend to open a thread -when I have time- to document my current understanding of the whole IPv4/IPv6 interoperability (before I forget all that again!)

@angelia

You're not being specific for us to be of any help!

For the unresponsiveness of the VPS, that might be due to the Server being overloaded. I've seen a CPU load of up to 135 !!!!! on one of my boxes (the third I've recently created), while the first two generally never exceed 20/30. So, that may be one reason of your issue.

For the Apache Web server, again lack of information, it might be the firewall that you may have forgot to open for 80 and 443, or some misconfiguration in the httpd.conf file; ... or simply the server's CPU reaching the 100s.... Anything goes really without enough information.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Up to 3x free IPv6 only VPS by EUserv - by fChk - 03-20-2020, 12:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2021, 07:35 AM
Last Post: sagher
05-31-2020, 04:41 PM
Last Post: TimeRider

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting