arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Virus ? where did this come from ?
(03-23-2020, 05:41 AM)xdude Wrote: My friends in Italy says most people there didn't care about this still it got really worse and government has forced lockdowns. I heard its same in France too. Their Govenment refused to close schools and do lockdowns in worst areas till last moment. In Paris Anti Government protests happening has usual (My French friends tell me those protests are part of life in Paris).

Germany has high number of infected cases but the death toll is low, Less than 100 so far. Sametime Spain has 28k infected and 1.7 deaths so far.
You're right about Italians not paying attention to Government requests.  I saw a news report on TV today saying it got so bad that some of the mayors of cities have become forceful and have the army out to compel citizens to observe the recommendations.

The Ambassador of South Korea in South Africa did a news briefing why he thought they were successful in getting the Corona virus cases to flat line in South Korea.  He said what is required in SPEED, INTENSITY of acting, Keeping Tabs on every case, and COOPERATION of every one.  They are now in a position to manufacture lots of ventilators and masks and of course in a position to make money by exporting their expertise to countries at the epicentre of the virus.  Hopefully those can be made available in South Africa.  We've got lockdown for 21 days starting from Friday.  We can only leave our homes to buy food.  And then essential services can continue.  Draconian steps, but I wonder whether the Government will be able to implement it.  In spite of calls for maintaining distance of 1 metre and limiting numbers of meetings to 100, people are going to funerals in hundreds and congregating every where.  And not observing the Corona recommendations.

I also notice with England (a BBC News Report this morning) that the London tube is still packed full of passengers in London, in spite of a lock down in the city.  London is badly effected.  But people aren't really listening to recommendations.  Wonder whether they will have to get the army in one of these days.  Any way.  This is the difference between the large escalation of Corona virus cases in England and flat lining in South Korea.  Total different culture of individualism, and "self" vs, looking out for others and feeling responsible.  I.e. it is not so much that one gets the virus that matters, as the potential of spreading the virus to many others.  So one has more than double the responsibility not to get sick, so one won't infect others.  That type of culture is not as evident in the West as it is in China, South Korea and Japan.  Mind you, China is a very despotic country too.  Maybe Putin in Russia may be able to get cases to flat line in Russia as he seems to have lots of support or it would appear so any way.  Cases have escalated in Russia, and he is in the process of calling a lockdown for Russia too.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Corona Virus ? where did this come from ? - by deanhills - 03-24-2020, 03:51 PM
Corona Virus Fears? - by perry - 03-08-2020, 04:40 PM
RE: Corona Virus Fears? - by Khadeer143 - 03-08-2020, 06:01 PM
RE: Corona Virus Fears? - by youssefbasha - 03-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Corona virus and Flu - by rudra - 03-16-2020, 04:08 AM
RE: Corona virus and Flu - by sagher - 03-16-2020, 07:02 AM
RE: Corona virus and Flu - by arsalahmed786 - 03-16-2020, 09:35 AM
RE: Corona virus and Flu - by youssefbasha - 03-16-2020, 11:56 AM
PSL Season Finale Cancelled - by sagher - 03-19-2020, 11:41 AM
RE: PSL Season Finale Cancelled - by Littlemaster - 03-19-2020, 02:33 PM
RE: PSL Season Finale Cancelled - by Khadeer143 - 03-19-2020, 02:41 PM
Quarantine Time - by youssefbasha - 04-06-2020, 03:33 PM
RE: Quarantine Time - by humanpuff69 - 04-06-2020, 03:43 PM
RE: Quarantine Time - by Melvin - 04-06-2020, 09:23 PM
RE: Quarantine Time - by Hawkz - 04-06-2020, 09:49 PM
RE: Quarantine Time - by tiwil - 04-07-2020, 04:35 AM
RE: Quarantine Time - by sagher - 04-07-2020, 01:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting