arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More wordpress security for login management page
@"Hidden Refuge" Yeah agreed. That's only a sorta measure to delay the process and not necessarily a method to ward off bruteforce attacks.

I'd also prefer option 2 of yours. Probably that's the best way to prevent any sort of attack on the Admin page, and if you've a static IP, it's brownie points. Big Grin

Moreover, I'm also in complete agreement with you regarding plugins. Sadly, some of the most beautiful WordPress plugins are back doors to doom your website. I've been the victim of a plug-in attack too, which I'd also mentioned in a previous post regarding WordPress here.

@hamed Yeah of course. You just edit your htaccess file again, add your present IP address there, and you get access to the wp-admin page. Then after you're done you can edit it back again. In my opinion, that'd be the most solid measure to prevent attacks on the wp-admin page. Smile

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
03-13-2019, 02:08 PM
Last Post: rudra

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting