arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Face Masks - choosing better masks to be safer from COVID 19
surgical musk is designed to do barrier protection against droplets and does not have an air-tight seal that is required in this pandemic. but it is better to use one than none. though the experiment in the link i gave above, shows the quilting cotton cloth mask is best when made properly with a good fit. and you can clean and reuse for long time.

the n95 musk you have link to, has 5 ply and very good form that seems to help get good fit. BUT big issue is the valve near the mouth. this valve let's you breath out directly without pressure. very very bad. Musk should be used for everyone's protection. for you and from you. don't use such musks if you can help it. or put a cloth on it to block.

another issue with n95 is its limited use. 5 to say 15 times. proper decontamination without damaging the layers require hydrogen peroxide mist or UV rays. also you can't do that many times without damaging. there is usually an active charcoal layer too. so cleaning in soap water.....hehehe.... out of question.

also these cost a lot. so i would say don't.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Face Masks - choosing better masks to be safer from COVID 19 - by rudra - 07-02-2020, 02:54 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting