arrow_upward

Google or FB Review as the Link requirement
(09-07-2020, 12:30 PM)xdude Wrote: @tryp4vps

There is no such thing as Product Rating reviews from Google or Facebook just disappears very fast or disappears. These have nothing to do with search engines. These reviews are there to stay forever for those who want to check the FB product page or Google product review section. Also, there is no such thing as poorly written reviews in this case. These are not benchmarks or technical stuff. You just write a few sentences about how you like the product. When you look at the forum posts I'm sure all members here can manage than in English and even better in their own language.

Writing reviews in random social media sites won't give fast results like this. If someone wants to do it additionally then it's all fine. Twitter doesn't work at all in this case. Twitter doesn't work that way. Also not at all in this case unless its a quite big account related to hosting with an actively engaging follow base. Otherwise, you just write a Tweet and it gets buried unless millions of Tweets happen every day. I know this because I use Twitter for my work. There are ways and niches which can use Twitter traffic but Web Hosting is not one of those. Plus Twitter is not for product reviews at all. Apart from shout-out like hey I used to this and it's great.

@ikk157

Well these links like "Powered by ABC", "Hosted by ABC" came in the old days when all links were counted by Google. Footer links like helped us to gain so well in Google Rankings. It has never been worked at a direct visitor method. Because of several reasons, It's once in a blue moon someone looks at footer links like these. Stats are like 100/20,000. If someone noticed most of them understand these or have need to click these links. For example, I have this site about fish keeping and it used to get about 20,000 visitors a month. I had a Sponsored link at the bottom and it wouldn't get even 100 clicks per month. Even though it looks possible mathamatically it doesn't happen like that in reality. Batter Ads works lot better.

I absolutely agree with your point!

Thing is, it’s not that the ads themselves are getting outdated or are simply bad... it’s just that people now (myself included) know how to differentiate between an ad and the site’s actual content. So if i came specifically for the site’s content, why would I even bother checking the ads out? I’m sure many people nowadays do the same.

Years back, many people were not that great with telling ads apart from site content (or simply never knew the actual reason those ads were there). So they’d think they’re part of the site’s content and click on them. A lot of ads blend really well with the site content and ad companies have been trying so hard to make it look as though it’s part of the site, when in reality it’s not. But those are insanely obvious now that we have evolved to tell them apart.

That’s essentially one of the key reasons why ads don’t get as many clicks as they once used to.

Obviously an ad blocker would also contribute, but it will for sure not block a backlink set by you. It only blocks known ads with known external domains.

All of which brings us back to the sole point of this thread:

Backlinks (which are pretty much an ad) are not enough to give our sponsors what they deserve!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Google or FB Review as the Link requirement - by ikk157 - 09-07-2020, 12:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-05-2020, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt
07-31-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: tryp4vps
07-29-2019, 09:42 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting