arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moved thread from Software Sub-Forum to Games Support Sub-Forum.  Possibly we should have a separate Games Sub-Forum on Protection, but for now this is the closest applicable Forum for the discussion.

(10-01-2020, 01:17 PM)OldMeister Wrote: hey, yesterday i made a huge mistake which i never did before. i entered a suspicious link to download a mod for a game.
That's a bummer @OldMeister.  Sorry to have this happen to you.  What an awful virus to hit your YouTube the way it did.  Has to be plenty of brains and evil in a virus like that.

Having said this, I wonder how one could download a game in a "safe" environment - like "under quarantine".  Like has any one created something like that yet?  Like the equivalent of a "safe room", where the game could be tested first and clicking on the link would not allow the virus to get to the rest of the computer.  I wish I had that on my computer.

On the other hand as others have already suggested is that you should get a really good anti-virus program.  Or Malwarebytes.  Malwarebytes for me is a bit expensive - i.e. the version that monitors your internet activities "live" and would have instantly put the link in quarantine you have to pay for big bucks, but Kasperksy may be good and is not as expensive.

Last night when I was in my e-mails I received this e-mail that looked so sophisticated.  I rarely open e-mails that don't look as though they should be for me or of which the sender is familiar to me.  For a moment I got worried as I decided to click on the "unsubscribe" link, and immediately afterwards wondered whether hackers could set "unsubscribe" up for a virus as well.  "Unsubscribe" links are usually at the bottom of a post, not the top - so hope I'm OK but so far so good. Or who knows, maybe the "unsubscribe" is from gmail as when I clicked on it it went to spam and showed a "sent to spam" note. Doesn't look as though it is safe in any place on the Internet any more and downloading anything or clicking on any link can have lethal consequences.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Virus Attack - by OldMeister - 10-01-2020, 01:17 PM
RE: Virus Attack - by sAmI - 10-01-2020, 01:36 PM
RE: Virus Attack - by OldMeister - 10-01-2020, 02:22 PM
RE: Virus Attack - by perry - 10-01-2020, 02:26 PM
RE: Virus Attack - by tbelldesignco - 10-01-2020, 03:47 PM
RE: Virus Attack - by deanhills - 10-01-2020, 08:10 PM
RE: Virus Attack - by OldMeister - 10-02-2020, 07:46 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting