arrow_upward

Membership recruitment drive, posts and possibility of adding a 2nd VPS
Quote:I have always emphasized we need to find ways to make this more beneficial for sponsors. I have bad bad feeling about so many servers staying idle either users or sponsors having any benefit. Someone can use second server for something. For example maybe I can use one for testing and learning more about CyberPanel or for my Python stuff testing. Also if nobody takes the vps then sponsor not getting much from it other since nobody would promote the sponsor. Maybe for now it would be a win win giving away a second VPS.

I think our give away process needs to be change. It's working now and its simple that's true but it's not efficient. A change might be benefited by both users and sponsors. My long term opinion was giving 2 vps for a member will be like asking for more trouble and a mess. I still believe it. But in our current situation I think we should consider that because it might work, at least for now

I've been thinking and feeling a lot the same way.

The only reason I think 2 vps is okay is because it's better than letting them idle.

In my opinion, it would be better to give the vps in exchange for new membership.

It's true that people come and go and drift away - but this is a way to constantly be adding new members and also a way to at least get good reviews for the sponsors.

I also think it would be good to make the posting requirements a bit more strict. The goal is not to make it more difficult for people to make their posting requirements, but to structure it in such a way that will yield better content that is on subject. A few ideas:

*Whatever people are doing with their vps, they must make at least 1 post about it every month. Talk about the software, what updates you did, how many hits you got, anything related to the things they're doing with their free vps. This is also an opportunity for people to mention the sponsors, and it will make the sponsors feel good to see what people are doing with their products.

*Every month also require 1 specialized post. It can be a review, a tutorial, a resource document with valuable links to digital services they are interested in... but something more than a continuation of someone elses discussion. Have people write about something that is important to them but also related to the forum topic.

As an alternative to making these a requirement, is there also the possibility of adding "weight" to certain things? Could we make it so that a person creating a topic in a particular category (such as review or tutorial) give 2 post count instead of 1? This will encourage new topics of conversation and mitigate any supposed lack of good topics to post in.
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Membership recruitment drive, posts and possibility of adding a 2nd VPS - by fitkoh - 12-16-2020, 06:51 AM
RE: 62nd Giveaway - by Sn1F3rt - 11-06-2020, 09:10 AM
RE: 62nd Giveaway - by deanhills - 11-06-2020, 01:51 PM
RE: 62nd Giveaway - by tbelldesignco - 11-06-2020, 03:09 PM
RE: 62nd Giveaway - by xdude - 11-06-2020, 03:10 PM
RE: 62nd Giveaway - by deanhills - 11-06-2020, 08:08 PM
RE: 62nd Giveaway - by tbelldesignco - 11-06-2020, 08:29 PM
RE: 62nd Giveaway - by tryp4vps - 11-07-2020, 03:53 PM
RE: 62nd Giveaway - by tiwil - 11-07-2020, 04:40 PM
RE: 62nd Giveaway - by sAmI - 11-07-2020, 07:49 PM
RE: 62nd Giveaway - by Decent12 - 11-07-2020, 10:55 PM
RE: 62nd Giveaway - by tiwil - 11-08-2020, 05:14 AM
RE: 62nd Giveaway - by tryp4vps - 11-08-2020, 08:55 AM
RE: 62nd Giveaway - by sAmI - 11-08-2020, 10:57 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting