arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best Forum Software
If you want something lightweight the only thing that comes in my mind is either flarum or carbon(outdated) you can test out these solutions before slecting something or you can simply use something like SMF or any other old and updated platform.
[edit] not sure how I missed this one...

I've looked at flarum but not heard of carbon. Flarum hasn't been updated in a while... I prefer to use something that's actively developed, if possible. I'll give a little time to see how codoforum responds to my support request before moving on. With several recommendations for SMF it's sounding like a better option. I installed it once several years ago, but from what I remember it is a bit extensive.
(12-13-2020, 02:57 PM)xdude Wrote:
https://codoforum.com/

I spent a few minutes reviewing the codoforum website and it looks very interesting. A few things worth mentioning to others, like myself, who haven't seen or heard of codoforum.

They recently released version 5.1, so this is not a new software. What puzzles me is why it hasn't showed up in any of my searches.

The docs are very well organized and normal human readable - not cluttered with a bunch of complicated terms or explanations, but everything in very simple to understand language.

It looks the forum has been engineered with a high degree of integration possible with a wide assortment of social networks and web apps with single sign on. That's a definite plus, if it works as intended.

The support team looks consistent and responsive. Their response time isn't the greatest (sometimes a day or two), but for a free software any support is a gift. I imagine the devs take a great deal of pride in their work and want to see it being used.

From the docs, each new release is stress tested on a 64mb vps - perfect for a minimalist set up.

It's advertised as easier to install than wordpress. That's a big claim, but excellent if they can live up to it.

I'll definitely take this for a spin and post a review if I can get it up and running.

(edit) I've got it installed but not yet fully functional. I'm getting some 403s in certain parts of the admin area... I've submitted a ticket and awaiting an answer. OpenLightSpeed WebServer is not listed as supported, so the errors are not entirely unanticipated.

(edit 2) I was in the middle of updating my support request with error logs when the codoforum forums/support area went down. Sort of frustrated now. I think I'll cross this one off the list. I went ahead and filled out a contact form with my error messages and time to move on unless I get an email reply very soon.

Messages In This Thread
The Best Forum Software - by fitkoh - 12-12-2020, 05:43 PM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by deanhills - 12-12-2020, 07:30 PM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by TrK - 12-13-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by xdude - 12-13-2020, 02:57 PM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by fitkoh - 12-13-2020, 05:53 PM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by tbelldesignco - 12-14-2020, 02:32 PM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by fitkoh - 12-14-2020, 04:58 PM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by tbelldesignco - 12-14-2020, 08:31 PM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by fitkoh - 12-15-2020, 03:31 PM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by tbelldesignco - 12-15-2020, 05:09 PM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by deanhills - 12-17-2020, 10:36 AM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by Rehan - 12-17-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by tbelldesignco - 12-17-2020, 03:58 PM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by LightDestory - 12-17-2020, 06:24 PM
RE: The Best Forum Software - by deanhills - 12-18-2020, 04:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Last Post: sagher
04-10-2020, 12:06 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting