arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does SARS-CoV-2 affect your job situation?
(02-17-2021, 06:58 AM)Mashiro Wrote: I expected a bit more than two replies of which one is not even a real reply to this specific topic but rather a generic general reply to the situation of the country. Well that's sad. I thought this was an important subject given how bad the situation is in some countries like the US where the number of unemployed has sky rocketed due to lockdowns and many companies closing down forever.

Seems other topics are more interesting. What did I think when I opened this thread? Who knows.

P.S. Employment laws in the US are pretty bad and utterly crap. Would NOT go to the US to work there.

I feel you, the forums have been very lacking recently and it's hard to have quality conversations when it is just a core of us responding to each other. 

As for the US and my perspective, yes, this virus is raving our people and economy worse than some of the 3rd World Countries around the work and we have only received 1,800$ over the course of a year to help with expenses such as rent and our utility bills. Restaurants and small business across the city I live in have closed down for good, only to have opened within the last year and then not being able to make money or pay their own bills. 

As for employment.... I got COVID in late April/early May and I had to fight HR for two weeks after returning to work to get my Emergency Covid Sick leave. I would say our labor system is very much a slight of hand magic trick system, where with misdirection folks feel safe and secure while unspoken policies are making it harder and harder for people to be employed while the elite of companies continue to walk away with large sums of money while those actually keeping the show going are barely able to pay their bills or put food on the table.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.

Messages In This Thread

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting