arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AdGuard Home - Free & Self-hosted DNS sinkhole Adblocker
A brilliant topic @Mashiro, thanks for posting it.  I checked out adguard.com, and noticed there was a download for Windows too.  Which I am particularly interested in as off late I've got VERY irritated with bad ads that come up.  You know the kind where they push bogus news items under your nose that are totally irrelevant to your searches.

OK, now I need some advice.  How does one get the mix right?  For example, post4vps.com thrives on advertising, so we want visitors to click on ads.  Also, quite a number of "free" sites are quite explicit in ruling that one's Ad blocker needs to be turned off in order to use their service.  So there is a bit of collateral damage involved here.  If you use an ad blocker you get blocked possibly without even being aware of it.  By Websites who block visitors who have ad blockers enabled.  Like they may detect an ad blocker of the Visitor and block the visitor.  I really don't mind seeing ads that are judiciously applied, well out of my face, and that are directly relevant to my searches.  I want to block BOGUS ads - the useless and irrelevant kind like "most beautiful twins", and "royal this and the other" and pop-ups that still come up in spite of my browser setting that is supposed to disable them.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: AdGuard Home - Free & Self-hosted DNS sinkhole Adblocker - by deanhills - 03-18-2021, 11:04 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting