arrow_upward

Poll: Do you think a paid alternative is an good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
No
0%
Total
0 vote(s)
0%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Features for OpenSource Exam System v2
(07-06-2021, 08:22 PM)debjit Wrote: I am using Laravel and Livewire for this purpose. I have created already a subject with livewire and laravel. The livewire part is very simple and it takes care of js and ajax without any js code.
Do you actually know JavaScript?.. @debjit

I mean, can you at least read it?.. Using AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) techniques without some background in JavaScript will limit its potential usefulness.. You need to be thinking as a full-stack developer (aware of the front-end code and the back-end code and how they interact optimally for the benefit of the App) not as a back-end coder (doing all the logic server-side and dumping the result as is) for it to be of any help.

(07-06-2021, 08:22 PM)debjit Wrote: I will be sharing my journey creating this application on Twitter Facebook and LinkedIn. So follow me there and I am thinking it will be completed within a month.
Would be nice if you share that journey with this community too.. May be we can be of some help.

(07-07-2021, 05:08 AM)debjit Wrote: To be frank I never used cookies. I have always relied on server season, it's more secure and does not take any extra effort. ...
Why PHP sessions are more secure?.. Besides, I hope you're aware that PHP sessions use a particular form of cookies too.. Do you know the difference between Cookies and Session cookies?

(07-08-2021, 03:39 PM)debjit Wrote: Yup, you are right. I have used cookies to store the user preferences and save some temp data. laravel remember me and login details also uses a cookie. laravel makes the cookie more secure.
So, you did actually use cookies :-) Now, can you tell us how Laravel PHP framework makes cookies more secure?..

(07-08-2021, 03:39 PM)debjit Wrote: I am adding more data to secure cookies so it eliminates some of the server request, and loads.
Bad idea!!.. Can you think of the why it's a bad idea to store too much date in cookies?.. and can you think of a better alternative for storing data than in cookies ?

Finally, where is the code of the free Open Source Version?!..

(07-04-2021, 01:00 PM)debjit Wrote: Please share have you used any examination system?
No!.. never used one but I did code one basic quiz WebApp in PHP a long time ago (+10 years ago.)

(07-04-2021, 01:00 PM)debjit Wrote: Do you think this feature set is enough for a standard examination web app?
If not what you wanted to see improved?
What should I add to its paid version?
It's hard to say if you don't layout the whole business logic of the App from start to finish.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Features for OpenSource Exam System v2 - by fChk - 07-09-2021, 06:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting