arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ho to Monitor Server Performance With NodeQuery?
Lightbulb 
To cut long story short, NodeQuery is a web-based app  providing a lightweight and easy to use Linux server monitoring service. This service is currently in Beta stage offering free plan with up to 10 servers to monitor freely. Let’s take a look at its key features :
  • Quick and easy setup – the service agent is designed to be easy-to-use and is compatible for major Linux distribution. Yet, it is also easy to remove.
  • Detailed metrics – their system will periodically store various system including system load, RAM Usage, Networks performance, etc.
  • Email notifications – Right at the minute user’s servers stop sending data or may be using more resources than the custom threshold set in the dashboard, NodeQuery will send in-depth notification.
  • Public API – NodeQuery’s intelligent API allows users to query almost every data of their servers’ data.
How to setup NodeQuery monitoring agent on your server?

SETUP USER AGENT

Step 1 – Of course, you have to firstly signup for an account at NodeQuery website. Visit this link to go to their signup page.

Step 2 – Choose Beta Account, and then fill in your Full Name, Email Address and Password.

[Image: a3VDtwB.png]

Just click on the blue Sign Up button. You’ll be then asked to enter a challenge code. Just enter it, tick mark the “I agree to ToS,” and click the Confirm button.

[Image: 8hdS8Lj.png]

You’ll then see this message :

[Image: JtHIj4k.png]

Step 3 – Check your email for activation link and click on it to activate your account.

[Image: ijc28k8.png]

You’ll then see following message :

[Image: rvCW1wC.png]

Step 4 – Do not forget to click the “Log Me in” button once you have activated your account. Following page will be seen there :

[Image: DbmtXd7.png]

Step 5 – Let’s add your first server to monitor. Click on the New Server button / link.

Step 6 – Now define your server name. It is strongly recommended to use your valid FQDN.

[Image: cY5pzmv.png]

Step 7 – Next following server name, you have to also decide how the system will send you alert when your server goes down.

Step 8 – Setup minimum threshold of when NodePing should send you alert. There are three major sections you can setup the threshold for system resource usage alert : System load, RAM usage, and Disk usage.

Finally, click the Create Server button.

Step 9 – You’ll be given a command to install monitoring agent on your server. Just copy that command :

[Image: dais0ap.png]

Step 10 – Open up putty and login to your server as a user with sudo privilege. Issue the coped command there.

Step 11 – Go back to NodeQuery dashboard and click on the Manage Servers button.  You’ll then notice your newly added server is there. However, the status would be Awaiting Data.

Step 12 – You can click on your server name to display detailed information. Just wait for approximately 3 minutes and refresh that page. You’ll then see a page similar to this one :

[Image: 867Ffu0.png]

Step 13 – You can then browse around to see detailed server performance stats monitored by NodeQuery.

And that's it.  Cool
Looks nice monitoring service.
Though I prefer netdata as it's free, open source and comes with many features..
https://github.com/firehol/netdata
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Haha nodequery look like a good service but i'll prefer netdata or a custom one for system performance and for downtimes i think a cron job will do the work.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(09-07-2016, 03:55 PM)Dynamo Wrote: Looks nice monitoring service.
Though I prefer netdata as it's free, open source and comes with many features..
https://github.com/firehol/netdata

Good recommendation, NodeQuery is also a free service.

(09-07-2016, 04:35 PM)TrK Wrote: Haha nodequery look like a good service but i'll  prefer netdata or a custom one for system performance and for downtimes i think a cron job will do the work.

This is completely on your personal preferences. Mostly people don't need in-depth monitoring. They only need basic performance reports like Network usage, Network Latency, Average Load, RAM and Disk usage etc. And I think NodeQuery will be a very good choice for them.
For basic performance graph i think control panel is best option as you don't need to rely on third party as VPS control panels also shows basic usage and performance.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
Yeah free is the best way to go especially if your testing it out.
Really nice tool. The GUI is clean and easy to use. I will install it to my VPS.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting