arrow_upward

Pages (2):
A proposal: special post counter and scoring system.
yes. honey and dean and sayan.

these are the reasons why i took a step back after mulling over the idea. this is no reddit. we have a small community and no matter how objective one is, it will be opinion which will varry and most probably end up in dissatisfactions and other issues.

Just like on quora. so many good people left the platform for its weird mod community.

i totally agree on celebrating too. we have some cool new members. Smile
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(08-25-2019, 06:25 AM)rudra Wrote: i totally agree on celebrating too. we have some cool new members. Smile
Yup.  That makes me happy too.  Also we have such great VPSs.  And may get some more VPSs for games servers.  So right now I'm very optimistic.  

I think best every member can do, is to make posts that are meaningful and make a contribution to the discussion they are posting to.  Only make posts when you are sincerely interested or even enthusiastic about the topic.  Give your own opinion.  Some members will write better than others, but that is not what counts in my book.  What counts is making a genuine effort and to post an opinion that has been thoughtfully prepared.  If you have an opinion, make sure you back it up with some good discussion.  And if you ask any questions, make sure you have Googled the question first for an answer.  Then you can still ask a question, but in your opening paragraph say - this is what I've done, I like this that and the other about this product or service, but what do you think.  Which one do you think I should choose - or which one is better in your opinion?

For example, don't post to a Games Forum topic under a specific Game and say you haven't played the game or you want to play the game as it looks like a cool game.  That post will be deleted.  Go to topics that you are familiar with, can give a genuine opinion about.  I.e. I've played the game.  I think it's cool and this is why I think it's a cool game.  Or I played the game but didn't particularly like the game and this is why I didn't like it. I have played the game a long time ago, thought this that and the other about it, but aren't playing it any longer.  Also, don't copy paste from Websites making it as your own.  It's easy to see when someone has taken material from elsewhere.  Rather always write in your own words, even if they don't look good, they will count more in your favour.  The more you write with honest and genuine content, guided by your sincere interest in the topic, the better writer you will become in the end.  During the course of the years I've been part of communities like this, particularly at Frihost, I've seen members who started with not so good writing, ending up being very good writers.  Practice always makes perfect for all things.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I am almost certain we cannot maintain consistency among different staff, sponsors or even normal users.

And if anything unfair happens, the affected users will make complaints and it will become an endless game for admins. Smile

Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-23-2018, 04:31 AM
Last Post: Dynamo

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting