arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ADDED]Monthly Post Counter Plugin
It appears that many users are unhappy with the new Maximum Posts Per Day Rule (like @deanhills @Lampard). Though it was a fair rule where even after 4 posts, their credits were increasing which would make their chances to win more in the Giveaways. there might have been the removal of this restriction once the user completes his/her monthly quota (which would be fixed out according to below idea #2).
After thinking more about it, I guess I can do some modifications in the plugin,

Here are My Ideas for the next Modification of it:
1. There would be a Badge, something like :
[Image: C8GZyED.png]
which would be auto-assigned by the system after user's 4 posts if his/her mean post credit (generated by taking credits of last 4 posts to mean) is greater than or equal to the certain value set by us (it may be around  $1-$3) at settings of the plugin. The Badge will remain with them for that day.

The benefit of Badged users:
they would be able to do 6 more posts that day, which means the user can do up to 4+6=10 posts per day.

2. Once VPS Holder would have done his 20 posts quota, then the limits of this plugin (i.e those posting limits) would be removed for those users no matter whether he is in the verified group or not.

3. I also want to add some feature regarding user's visits but isn't getting a proper idea (to prevent users from vanishing out after posting in 1-3 days). For some months even we do not have objections regarding their activities(doing hyper posts) but if users start doing this for whole time then it isn't a matter of giving priority, that users should too understand. If they are as busy as hell that they do not have even few minutes in their hand twice or thrice a week then I fear about the reason why they want to have a Free VPS. If all want to remain inactive and blame forum for being inactive, it just like blaming others for your own mistakes, it's not the way how an active community should work. Being Hyperactive isn't much beneficial for the forum.

I would be Glad if users share more views regarding the above ideas and they can also suggest any improvement if they want, As you guys already know this plugin isn't officially active currently (it's in beta Phase).
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

This is a nice and creative idea. @Dynamo.
However you can even increase to more maximum number of posts if you see the amount of quality is great (Most probably through point system, but yes this would be also abused as people would try so hard to post un-necessary content on threads to earn lot of points).

But one thing is that, it will be really complicated. Lets say there is a new user, a new user don't even read the first thread and he starts posting in a speed. Normally as you see new users, they just create so bad quality posts (majority one, newbies, obviously everyone does that) until they are warned. When you are gonna explain them Post4VPS system with that system too, it'll be a bit hard, but idea is really creative.
@Dynamo Great ideas and updates with this Maximum Posts Per Day Rule, I am totally up into this as sometimes member online a day and post a lot even posts are not quality just to cover up their monthly posts.
Not bad idea, better than before. I am willing to put up with this since I am kinda a busy person too and don't have much time to visit forum and post all the time.

@Lampard I think doing that automatically isn't that easy. How would the plugin identify which is a better post or not? Better quality? I think current system is not bad.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
I have received my first PM notification about missing posts since this plugin is in place. So this feature is also working. Great job @Dynamo Smile

But I did not receive email notification about this PM. Not even in the junk folder. I have the option "Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message" enabled though.

(09-17-2018, 01:24 PM)Dynamo Wrote: 3........If they are as busy as hell that they do not have even few minutes in their hand twice or thrice a week then.....

If you mean requiring a certain number of posts within a single week timeframe, I guess some members may really not be able to post twice or thrice within a week.

It could be that they may be busy for exams, on vacation or travel, or even they may not find interesting topics to make posts during the week etc.

So, I am afraid enforcing this new rule #3 may not be a good idea for everyone.

Just my 2 cents. Smile

@Kururin I think the plugin identifies the quality of the post via characters input by the user, $1-$3 credit will be added I think around 2 - 3 paragraphs of post, but I'm not sure if the plugins can I identify if it's a copy paste or maybe if it's possible to the plugin to read the hang time of the user while typing his post sort of like that.
@try4vps
Looks like our mail server provider had some ammendments in their details like service port, etc which caused all emails unable to be sent,
I have updated the details accordingly, now everyone should be able to recieve Emails successfully.

Thanks for pointing that out.
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

(09-17-2018, 01:24 PM)Dynamo Wrote: It appears that many users are unhappy with the new Maximum Posts Per Day Rule (like @deanhills @Lampard). Though it was a fair rule where even after 4 posts, their credits were increasing which would make their chances to win more in the Giveaways. there might have been the removal of this restriction once the user completes his/her monthly quota (which would be fixed out according to below idea #2).
After thinking more about it, I guess I can do some modifications in the plugin,

Here are My Ideas for the next Modification of it:
1. There would be a Badge, something like :
[Image: C8GZyED.png]
which would be auto-assigned by the system after user's 4 posts if his/her mean post credit (generated by taking credits of last 4 posts to mean) is greater than or equal to the certain value set by us (it may be around $1-$3) at settings of the plugin. The Badge will remain with them for that day.

The benefit of Badged users:
they would be able to do 6 more posts that day, which means the user can do up to 4+6=10 posts per day.

2. Once VPS Holder would have done his 20 posts quota, then the limits of this plugin (i.e those posting limits) would be removed for those users no matter whether he is in the verified group or not.

The Following above-mentioned Ideas has been Implemented,
#1:
Now users would observe that they got a new field called Quality Credits which is actually each user's average credits which he/she earned on that day (i.e total credits earned that day / total number of posts done by him that day), starting off each day it resets back to 0 and will update each time user's credits get changed. For now, after observing all user's credits earned per post, I have set Quality Credits limit to 3 ($3 per post -- taken as mean).

So How the system would work? what users have to do to post more than 4 Posts per day?
Basically, when Quality Credits of users goes equal to or more than 3, then their Quality Credits would turn into Green which is an indication that they are now eligible for doing more than 4 posts which will be counted towards their monthly post count by the system,
But if its like if user earned $5 in the first post which turned his Quality credits green, then it won't mean that now it will not turn back to black that day, it might turn into black again before he even comes to his 4th post (it might be situation like, user earned $5 in 1st post but earned only $4 in last 3 posts, which would if be taken as mean will result as (4+5)/4 = 2.25 which isn't 3) and become ready for his 5th post, and in that situation, his 5th post won't be counted,
So, its simple, you guys just need to keep it green Smile green = Great,
If user reached his daily post limits, then that won't mean that his chance of posting valid posts gone for that day, he just needs to post more posts in order to raise his average Credit so he can able to post more valid posts,

another situation: I had Quality Credits: 2.8 and 4 posts done that day, and after doing another post, it crossed 3, will that post also would be counted as a 5th valid post?
Well nope, it won't count any further post after reaching 4 posts limit that day until the quality credits turned already green. Remember, before posting, it should be green then only it will show its effect.

Hope it won't be confusing, If anyone is having trouble in understanding it, then please hit us back Wink
any suggestions are welcomed, (remember, we might change $3 quality credit limit to an appropriate one if we find it's causing troubles).
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

If Green = good and we're OK to post after we're green, then I think that is enough for me to know @Dynamo.

I find this counter exceptional. First time in my Forum history of 10 years I've seen something as creative as this, so have to give kudos to you. For me the monthly posts in our profile rocks! The quality credits are a real bonus too. Hope you will be able to share it with us, if not at post4vps, maybe at mybb.com?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
My monthly Post counter Signature not works. anyone have idea to fix it? i think the code was changed from previous one.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting