arrow_upward

[Rejected] Suggestion for VPS holders
Hi,
I was lurking around in this (Suggestions and Feedback) forum when a recent thread caught my eye. I know this has been a controversial topic for a while now. I didn't reply to that thread since my suggestion is a little different from the thread's topic.

One of the reasons why VPS providers give VPS is that they want to help newcomers learn how it is managed and properly run. Also, they want to encourage developers and webmasters who can't afford server hosting. The problems with this method is that eventually the VPS holder may become inactive or the server is not being used to its capacity. I know the monthly post count exists to tackle this issue. Although, what if the holders could post a thread about the project they are working on which is hosted on the VPS. They could update it every month giving a summary of the changes on their website or code. The reason behind this is they can show their gratitude for the VPS provider other than the usual leaving a review. In this way, they get 1 more post to their monthly post count. Maybe, even a special section for this purpose.

This is just a suggestion for the VPS holders. Let me know if you have anything to add to this idea or if I missed out on something.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
While I like your idea, and I think It definitely has good potential for us. I don't think it is viable for this section.

Mainly because this section is meant for suggestions which can be implemented as rules for the forum, while I like your idea, I think it'd be too difficult to mantain a good track record of our updates especially for people like me who may be doing different things at different times!
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(12-31-2020, 04:27 PM)Shaun8 Wrote: Hi,
I was lurking around in this (Suggestions and Feedback) forum when a recent thread caught my eye. I know this has been a controversial topic for a while now. I didn't reply to that thread since my suggestion is a little different from the thread's topic.

One of the reasons why VPS providers give VPS is that they want to help newcomers learn how it is managed and properly run. Also, they want to encourage developers and webmasters who can't afford server hosting. The problems with this method is that eventually the VPS holder may become inactive or the server is not being used to its capacity. I know the monthly post count exists to tackle this issue. Although, what if the holders could post a thread about the project they are working on which is hosted on the VPS. They could update it every month giving a summary of the changes on their website or code. The reason behind this is they can show their gratitude for the VPS provider other than the usual leaving a review. In this way, they get 1 more post to their monthly post count. Maybe, even a special section for this purpose.

This is just a suggestion for the VPS holders. Let me know if you have anything to add to this idea or if I missed out on something.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

@Shaun8  Thank you for the suggestion. Further to @Honey's comments, which I agree with, if you study through the Forum you will notice that some of our VPS Holders are already sharing their experiences.  You will find the shared experiences documented in Forums like Reviews, Tutorials, and Web Development.  Use of a VPS doesn't always lean itself to shared experiences though. So it can't really be made into a rule as such.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting