arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Affiliate Program
Does anyone here use the Amazon affiliate program? If you can create good content this is one of the easy ways to earn money online. People tend to trust the  Amazon brand name and buy stuff from there, all you have to do is send traffic to the right sales page. What makes it better than other affiliate programs is buyers tend to buy other things than apart from the niche you are promoting. So you tend to earn money from items you haven't even promoted.
Not the registration process is a little more complicated. Once you register they let you display ads on your pages. But they do not approve your application till you make several sales without 3 months. They pay by checks, Amazon Cards and Band transfers to selected countries.
These days it's lot easier to earn from Amazon than from Google AdSense.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Yeah I've used it. The registration process is tough indeed quite unique too, bcuz till date I've only come across the Amazon affiliates who call you for the verification process, and ask the code displayed on the screen to be typed in through the keypad.

I'd the affiliates on a website of mine, and it did generate some bucks. I'd transferred the thing to Amazon pay, found that the easiest way and anyways it's a utility for paying bills and things like that.

I still have that account, but it's deactivated most probably as I no longer use it. I've quit the email as well as the phone number associated with it, so can't really say.

I do agree with @xdude, that it's easier compared to AdSense as the verification process isn't as long, moreover, they won't suddenly cancel your account without even a proper justification for doing so (as had happened with me a few months ago, nevermind my appeal was accepted). Us recommend it for people having a decent amount of monthly traffic, as it could generate a handsome amount of money if you place your ads strategically and promote accordingly.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Yeah I am aware of it, most eCommerce stores have this feature as It helps them sell more of their products without having to loose much on the affiliate, I really like this feature however It requires quite alot of effort in the preparation part. Idk about Amazon but often sites use Cookies to trace buyers so even if they don't buy the product you affiliated directly, but some other product then you still get a bit of profit from it
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
@sohamb03

Do you mean the phone verification process? When I joined the program it was not there. But heard they added than recently. But it's nothing uncommon. Affiliate Networks do that to weed out spammers. But unless those early days, Now they do have lots of restrictions and rules. The funny thing is Google AdSense used to be very strict and now they are relaxing many of their rules. They used to ban you for anything related to Adult stuff but now they just don't display ads unless it's a really bad case. Amazon, on the other hand, making their rules tougher. For example just a week ago they sent a mail telling all associates need to disclouser they get paid in every page where there are ads plus now if you use Amazon links in Social Media sites you must say it's a paid ad.

@Honey

Actually Amazon affiliate cookie is really bad for the affiliates. It lasts only 24 hours, unlike many other affiliate networks / Programs. That's ne of the big cons of the Amazon Associate program.

(10-24-2019, 11:36 AM)xdude Wrote: @sohamb03

Do you mean the phone verification process? When I joined the program it was not there. But heard they added than recently. But it's nothing uncommon. Affiliate Networks do that to weed out spammers.
Yeah I was actually referring to the phone verification process, but I meant it's unique from others. For others programs what basically happens is that your asked to verify your mobile number wherein you're sent an OTP and you need to enter it into the prescribed space on their website. With Amazon affiliates that's not the case. They'll ask you your mobile number, then they'll display a code on the website itself. You'll be called by an automatic system and you'll be asked to enter that code via the keypad and then only your account will be verified. I was talking about that uniqueness.

For AdSense, yes the norms have indeed become little less compelling than the earlier ones, but as a matter of fact AdSense remains one of the most (or perhaps the most) strict website/app advertising network. Smile
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
It's a method used by Affiliate Networks for verification. Basically a PIN verification method. Well, this one is nothing compared to some other networks like MaxBounty. Where you need to call one of their affiliate managers and do a phone interview.

Google advertising system is losing advertisers to other platforms like social media networks. These days all big Social Media sites Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest have their own advertising systems. All those are cheaper than Google Adwords. Plus these days more and more people using those social networks than Google search since more people using mobile devices than computers. This is effecting Google AdSense too. Click values are decreasing like crazy. When I first joined AdSense I used to get $1-$2 clicks quite often. Now even 50 cent clicks are quite are.

i know someone who runs multiple blogs in multiple unrelated niches [ have no idea how she does it and still gets enough time to socialize. she is not a cave rat. Actually pretty socially active. Niches include travel, offbeat cuisine and mobile which i know of. I often feel tempted to ask if she rewrites already published articles or something..haha]. Anyways, so this is kinda her personal opinion that recently she generates more from affiliate programs of sites amazon than she does from google adsense. I have tends to zero first hand knowledge on such things. I only know what people i know tell me. she is doing this for a long time and she is very knowledgeable. this is her main source of income and she is doing quite well in recent years [ from her portfolio].

Now this article helped shed some light on why that might be. Thank you very much. Though I still have many questions. One chief among them is how do you compare income reliably ? Also can you mix multiple affiliated links on the same site or page ?
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
@rudra

When it comes to reliability it's not like an office job. You work 8 hours and get a salary end of the week or month. When it comes to affiliate marketing it's all about how much effort you put into it and how good you are at move with trends. Things change all the time so you can't just stay fixed with one thing. The same goes for Amazon. You have to work hard creating content, promote on social media as well as do all SEO work. Same time keeping an eye one rule changes and trends. Also can't just stick with Amazon. Have you to look at other opportunities too, having a backup plan.

It might look like hard work. It is, at least till you find a good niche and complete your setup and plan. But you work on your own terms and your own time table. Plus if you do it right you can keep increase your earnings. Like this month it's 1000 USD and next month it's 1500. What you can achieve has no limits.

About Ads, well you can ad any number of ads to your page or site. There are no rules on that but in reality, nobody wants to see a site full of ads. You can simply create affiliate links to various product pages or use Ads generated by Amazon it self. Plus Amazon don't mind if you mix their ads with other affiliate networks or programs.

Can anyone explain it to me how it works? Is like you put amazon link as sponsored post and if they click it and buy something from it they give you money? I do not think its same as adsense since it just advertisement for that.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
01. First, you need to register. Then you have 180 days to make a sale or reject your application.

02. You can create affiliate links in the Amazon associate dashboard on the Amazon site.

03. The best way is making a review of a product. Let's say you talk about Sports watches. You talk about Sports watches, brands and types and what you recommend. You input affiliate links in right places.

04. Your site visitors read your content and then click the Amazon link to check the product. Once they goto to the Amazon site through your link Amazon put a 24-hour cookie into their computer. This means you get a commission for whatever they buy from the Amazon site for the next 24 hours.

05. Amazon gives you a commission of 4% -10% depending on the product. Amazon pay you in 60 days. You can get pay by Amazon gift cards you have minimum 10 USD and if you have minimum 100 USD you can get paid by check. If you live in North Amercia or West Europe you can get paid by a band tranfer.

Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting