arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Asian Movie Thread
(01-14-2019, 09:16 AM)rudra Wrote: hahaha. mainstream indian movies are not my thing either. yuuuuck thuuu.... the soaps and serials and movies. feel like a big conspiracy to keep the public drugged and docile.

you see... one cant possibly enjoy all about culture series novels and also enjoy these....

If you don't like Indian movies its OK but why you insulting Indian movies , TV serials you think that a funny thing and your name rudra sync from Indian to so why don't you change your nick then
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

first of all, sorry mate !! didn't mean to insult anyone personally or any ideologies or isms for that matter.

second, i didn't mention anywhere about not liking any indian movies. i said mainstream.. means commercial ones meant for cheap entertainment without much intention to doing any social commentary or getting across any message or having any constructive impact on society.

third, i am an indian from a very rural area. studied at our village school and all. not a product of some english medium school culture. but that should not matter. your saying such words is tantamount to attacking me personally without even spending time to know more about me or what i meant and i dont think that reflects in a good way on our "atithi debo bhaba" (a guest should be treated with utmost honour and respect no matter what) and "basudhaiba kutumbakam" (every human is my relative and dear to me) culture.

in simple terms, your aggressive and misplaced support for indian culture has ended up disgracing the very thing it was meant to uphold and glorify. Also all the good things in indian culture would do much better without the support of some hotheads on the Internet who don't have time to read more about it and yet believe it is their duty to support something they dont know much about.. being born to a pair of world class physicists doesn't make you a physicist.

may be you should cool down a little bro.... then try to express your thoughts in a better way... or may be say to me, " sorry mate, i didn't mean to hurt you".. just like i did above...

peace !!

re.
here is a nice sanskrit slok (scripture) i like a lot.

जन्मना जायते शूद्रः संस्कारात् द्विज उच्यते।
वेदाभ्यास भवति विप्र ब्रह्मम जानति ब्राह्मणः||
( jonmana jayate shudra, sanskarat dwijochchate |
bedabhyas bhabati bipra, brahmam janati brahmana || )

it is available online. but not with meaning. it means (to me at the least),
we are all born as near animals. we are born again when we learn to behave and respect other humans.
Reading books helps us acquire a lot of information. by living a life reflecting upon the information and perspectives acquired from books and life, some fortunate souls amongst us might have a sudden glimpse of the true meaning behind all this..... they become one with the whole / god / nature / brahma...

so in effect i oppose the system of caste and social levels (and associated bigotry and hypocrisy) still very much in practice in india (dont believe me ! just check the matrimonial ads).

hang me.... hahahhahaa

rere.
i usually dont rant. but i am gonna make this a rant of epic proportions.

Ill fares the land, to hastening ills a prey,
Where wealth accumulates, and men decay.
Oliver Goldsmith, The Deserted Village (1770)

more than half the national wealth is in the hands of less than one percent in india and that concentration has increased by almost 40 percent in the last couple of years (i think my source is some UN survey. i will try to search it if anyone challenges me with a credible source of their own claiming otherwise. im lazy like that).
so it seems not much has changed in 250 years. hahahah
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Anyone here who see The bodyguard 2016 a Asian movie not confirm country but it should be thailand or indonesia. The famous thing is fight style and hardwork of team. specially hero have a great sense of martial arts. i wonder to see at the end of movie the scene of making. hero hurts many times in real. and also crew. that is sign of true stunts without graphic mixing like hollywood do.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
For my favorite movie I chose The Raid 1 / The Raid 2 / DreadOut
And for what I watch most often is DreadOut
Because a horror story that is enough to scare my friends at night.
Terminal
Solo Developer
I watched this Korean movie called Welcome to Dongmakgol. Im not a big fan of Korean movies or TV series but after seen it's trailer I wanted to watch it. I found it very good. The story is quite nice and funny. During Korean War One America pilot, 2 South Korean solders and 3 North Korean Solders Standard in a mountain area and end up in same village which has no clue what's happening outside. I would give the movie 9/10 and I think if it had been made in Hollywood probably would have gotten bunch of Oscars.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Honestly never tried any asian movie mainly because of the fact that most of them have kung fo and not really a big fan of that.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(04-22-2019, 05:22 AM)Honey Wrote: Honestly never tried any asian movie mainly because of the fact that most of them have kung fo and not really a big fan of that.

I don't think most of those have Kung Fu. But all action movies have fights. But don't forget when it say Asian it means so many countries like Indian movies, Japanese movies, Chinese movies and Korean. For example the Korean movies  mentioned in my last post as no fights.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

I had recently watched two and both movies were good but I did not liked some of its scenes.
1: When the day comes
2: Steel rain
A few more I can really recommend:
A few other very good Kitano movies. And for the lover of fighting movies some good stuff about IP Man. Korean and Hong Kong movies also included.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Just watched a latest pakistani movie named ''Superstar 2019'' the movie had a nice story but i did not got feelings like this movie deserved the time i given but overall the movie was good.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-06-2021, 05:25 AM
Last Post: Kururin
07-02-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: tiwil

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting