arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(03-15-2020, 07:40 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: @ikk157 i tried windows 8.1 pro and i had a very bad experience with it, the laptop mouse was moving like a turtle
@'Hidden Refuge' can you provide me download link to Ubuntu with XFCE (Xubuntu)

As far as I can recall, you can easily change the mouse’s speed somewhere in control panel (can’t remember where... but I bet you a bit of googling would do the trick).

It could also be a driver issue which you can easily solve by installing the driver from your manufacturer’s website.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Well, @youssefbasha. I can't really tell you more than I already did because of the following I already mentioned above.
Quote:Otherwise I have no idea. I have created so many different USB thumb drives for OS installations based on all kind of Windows versions, many Linux distributions including Xubuntu and even some Android or ChromiumOS based OSs but never experienced this kind of issue.

Sorry.

Maybe it is something with the bootloader that Rufus installs to be able to boot from that USB thumb drive. Maybe it doesn't like something on the machine and doesn't boot properly. Sadly, I discovered that Rufus keeps installing its own bootloader for Linux distributions ALWAYs.

Maybe try another tool to write the ISO to the USB thumbdrive and make it bootable?
  • Etcher
  • UNetbootin
  • Universal USB Installer

Personally, I myself use Easy2Boot on Legacy systems to install OSs. Easy2Boot installs itself onto your USB thumbdrive and you can copy ISOs for Windows, Linux and etc (backup software, rescue software and such) into specific folders. Once you boot from that drive you can select which ISO you want to boot. It's a "multiboot" solution.

https://www.easy2boot.com/
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(03-13-2020, 11:29 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: Hello guys,
After some months i will get a new pc so my current laptop will be available for small things like video editing/playing videos/playing music/discord/browsing Facebook so i really dont know if i shall use Windows anymore or i can shift to Linux finally because i dont want the laptop for games or something.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPAQ-PRESARIO...SwzCFeZ8Bm
This is my laptop but with 3 gb ram not 4 and i think it have lower storage.
Recommend me a good Linux software to use for these 5 things i mentioned above.

video editing = kdenlive
photo editing = gimp
playing videos = vlc
playing music = vlc
discord is available on linux
browser = firefox for privacy . chromium for familiarity and more web support

if you didnt do lot of gaming switching to linux is easy since most non gaming software is available or have the alternative
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(03-16-2020, 07:33 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: Well, @youssefbasha. I can't really tell you more than I already did because of the following I already mentioned above.

Sorry.

Maybe it is something with the bootloader that Rufus installs to be able to boot from that USB thumb drive. Maybe it doesn't like something on the machine and doesn't boot properly. Sadly, I discovered that Rufus keeps installing its own bootloader for Linux distributions ALWAYs.

Maybe try another tool to write the ISO to the USB thumbdrive and make it bootable?
  • Etcher
  • UNetbootin
  • Universal USB Installer

Personally, I myself use Easy2Boot on Legacy systems to install OSs. Easy2Boot installs itself onto your USB thumbdrive and you can copy ISOs for Windows, Linux and etc (backup software, rescue software and such) into specific folders. Once you boot from that drive you can select which ISO you want to boot. It's a "multiboot" solution.

https://www.easy2boot.com/

I tried universal boot installer and it worked on the normal Ubuntu not Xubuntu so im im now stuck with gnome xd.
Awesome experience to make your actual laptop/pc Linux not a VM or VPS(VNC)
Somehow im still figuring out how to get my local disks that didn't get reset from the installation
You guys won't still believe that I am using Microsoft Frontpage to edit html files in Windows 10. Ms Frontpage is almost a decade older to work with in the latest version like Windows 10. But it works like charm and gives much of the functionality for html learners.
(04-09-2020, 05:16 PM)TimeRider Wrote: You guys won't still believe that I am using Microsoft Frontpage to edit html files in Windows 10. Ms Frontpage is almost a decade older to work with in the latest version like Windows 10. But it works like charm and gives much of the functionality for html learners.

I can't believe this! I thought Frontpage died a long time ago. Web hosts won't allow you to use it. I.e. they had to enable the account for Frontpage extensions to work before you were able to use it. And since it became high risk a few years back, they stopped allowing it altogether.

I then moved onto Microsoft's next generation of Website builder, MS Expression Web. But to tell the truth, I haven't worked with it since I got involved with VPS.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-18-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: deanhills
09-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting