arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BladeNode  VPS 6 ~ BladeNode ~ Review
(04-03-2020, 05:24 AM)phoenixwolf Wrote: I want to thank you for the very detailed review.   I want to address a few things. The downtime was caused by our data center wanting to do an upgrade on a switch that they never told me that they were going to do. We have struggled with this data center about this and I believe we now have this resolved.

Next, I want to update anyone who might use VPS 6 in the future. Our disk speeds have been horrible and I know that.  To resolve this we have upgraded the Node01 that VPS 6 was on to a fully pure SSD.  This should make a huge difference in performance. I hope whoever uses VPS 6 will also feel it.
I also want to thank you for the service you provided!
You are very friendly!

And thanks to the Post4Vps Family who provided inspiration for this review, without you maybe I'm confused what should I do!
Terminal
Solo Developer
Great review, its nice to find such as posts well prepared and organized. actually i was wondering with those high specs of this VPS running a cs go server may effect the performance ?, because i'm thinking of making one. as i heard that csgo servers effect VPS's performance.
Watch this beauty till the end..

The overall performance of this VPS 6 from BladeNode looks really great, especially the network speed.

Should be ideal for running gameservers as it says it does not any limit for it.

And also a good news to hear that the sponsor has upgraded the disk to fully pure SSD. Smile

(04-04-2020, 04:30 PM)Melvin Wrote: Great review, its nice to find such as posts well prepared and organized. actually i was wondering with those high specs of this VPS running a cs go server may effect the performance ?, because i'm thinking of making one. as i heard that csgo servers effect VPS's performance.

I am not very familiar with the concept of CSGO server!
So I can't guarantee this VPS capability for that server!
But you can try it yourself if VPS 6 is available for the next Giveaway!
Terminal
Solo Developer
Hello there!... @chanalku91

I must confess that I overlooked this review of yours!.. Which is a shame, because it has a decent amount of data that I'm looking for. Nice job!

So,
> the UnixBench score is good (ie, 582.9), at least better than mine in its simple test.
> the GeekBench 5 score is 412 (single core), which is also a notch better than mine in single core test.
But be careful when comparing numbers. Always use the same/exact version when comparing (yours was 5.1.0). GeekBench scoring varies a lot even within the same major version; the Proof!?

Here are my scores for GeekBench 5.1.1, 5.1.0 and 4.3.1, respectively:
 >> GeekBench 5.1.1 :  368 ;   572
 >> GeekBench 5.1.0 :  392 ;   651
 >> GeekBench 4.3.1 : 1797 ;  2701

Looks like the scoring becomes harsher with each newer versions, which is logical given that it has to much the power of the new CPUs  on the market each year.

Thus, it makes a lot of sense for us to always use the same exact version of GeekBench when comparing CPUs.

> Networking speed is pretty much good!.. I would hope that you'll post the speeds for HR's bench script end-points Too!

> Now, for storage performance!.. I must say that I liked you using fio benchmarking; I think you're actually the first to do that here!

Still, can you also provide the results of the following commands:
# Disk seq.read Speed (Cached)
hdparm -Tt /dev/vda

# Disk seq.read Speed (Direct)
hdparm -Tt --direct /dev/vda

# Disk Seek Rate:
ioping -R /dev/vda

# Disk Sequential Speed:
ioping -RL /dev/vda

Overall, this is a nice review, with real insight onto your VPS inner bowels!..

+1Rep!.. Keep it up!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
it have high clock speed of 3GHz which is still rare on VPS . it will have a great single core performance . some game server are still not optimized for multi core and can benefit greatly from high clock . most VPS run on 2-2.4GHz . the 3GHz+ one is mostly on high performance/frequency package or if it is advertised as high frequency . most server today mostly use 4th-latest gen xeon chip and there is almost no ipc improvement due to intel monopoly years ago so you still kinda can compare vps performance from the ghz
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Sad 
(05-24-2020, 12:05 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: it have high clock speed of 3GHz which is still rare on VPS . it will have a great single core performance . some game server are still not optimized for multi core and can benefit greatly from high clock . most VPS run on 2-2.4GHz . the 3GHz+ one is mostly on high performance/frequency package or if it is advertised as high frequency . most server today mostly use 4th-latest gen xeon chip and there is almost no ipc improvement due to intel monopoly years ago so you still kinda can compare vps performance from the ghz

thank you for the feedback @humanpuff69!
I'm not sure my server can run smoothly on a single-core VPS! because at last month's subtest, I got my game server very heavy! and it makes sometimes when playing on this test server, I get some problems like LAG and sometimes the server is not responding !

(05-23-2020, 10:57 PM)fChk Wrote: Hello there!... @chanalku91

Still, can you also provide the results of the following commands:
# Disk seq.read Speed (Cached)
hdparm -Tt /dev/vda

# Disk seq.read Speed (Direct)
hdparm -Tt --direct /dev/vda

# Disk Seek Rate:
ioping -R /dev/vda

# Disk Sequential Speed:
ioping -RL /dev/vda

ok your request will be granted! but I'm very busy right now, so it takes at least a few weeks!
Terminal
Solo Developer
(05-24-2020, 12:59 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: ok your request will be granted! but I'm very busy right now, so it takes at least a few weeks!

Take your time!.. The data you'll provide will add more value to your review; thus it's not for me really!..

Your storage is your bottleneck!.. The data will most probably enforce this conclusion. Thus no matter how your CPU is, it will always stay idle most of the time waiting for IO requests to finish.

A computer system works as a whole, so the stalling you said you're experiencing have a good chance to be due to poor disk storage performance.. Again, hence why the additional tests.

As to your wording in the quoted text, No Worries!... I'm aware that you're struggling with the English language and that 'Google translate' plays tricks sometimes :-)
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(05-24-2020, 12:59 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: thank you for the feedback @humanpuff69!
I'm not sure my server can run smoothly on a single-core VPS! because at last month's subtest, I got my game server very heavy! and it makes sometimes when playing on this test server, I get some problems like LAG and sometimes the server is not responding !

ok your request will be granted! but I'm very busy right now, so it takes at least a few weeks!

i take a look again and it is only single core . that is probably what causing the lag . the lag will get worse if the cpu core is shared with other vps user . i used to run minecraft server on 2 shared core server and it still lag

most vps that doesnt advertise dedicated cpu or compute optimized or high frequency or something that contain cpu on it probably have a shared cpu core
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(05-24-2020, 11:44 PM)fChk Wrote: Take your time!.. The data you'll provide will add more value to your review; thus it's not for me really!..

Your storage is your bottleneck!.. The data will most probably enforce this conclusion. Thus no matter how your CPU is, it will always stay idle most of the time waiting for IO requests to finish.

A computer system works as a whole, so the stalling you said you're experiencing have a good chance to be due to poor disk storage performance.. Again, hence why the additional tests.

As to your wording in the quoted text, No Worries!... I'm aware that you're struggling with the English language and that 'Google translate' plays tricks sometimes :-)

I'm sorry, but I have a problem with the VPS! I have to wait for the right moment, like I don't want to be bothered by this VPS problem as I prepare my project for 2021!
Terminal
Solo Developer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Host4Fun  VPS 1 Review
05-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fChk
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting