arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I use a sub domain on VPS
I want to install VestaCP on VPS1. But it asks for a domain. My current domain is pointed to another hosting. Will it be possible for me to use a sub domain while setting up the VPS. If not, kindly give me some work arounds.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

Yes you can. That's most likely just a domain for the panel or just the hostname.
You don't really need a tld for a vps
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
I am running a VestaCP server on a subdomain from my domain, if you don't want to give it a URL simply put your IP and you will access you panel to yourIP:8083. As @Conan said we don't really need a domain for a VPS.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
Thank you guys. That was really helpful. The whole thing got delayed on this domain issue.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

i need to add something.

do you have a domain name where you have dns?
yes you can set a a record to the ip adress where you need to go this.example.tld.

example you have example.tld to 192.168.0.1 (lan ip adress)
and example.example.tld to something else you can set a a record to the name what you want with a record to 127.0.0.1
Sorry, didn't get you. Where is LAN IP coming to play ?
Thanks  @Post4VPS

(08-18-2016, 01:12 PM)meetdilip Wrote: Sorry, didn't get you. Where is LAN IP coming to play ?

that ip is just an example that should be ur vps ip or given ip. and 127.0.0.1 too that need to be the ip that you need to set on your prefrences.

also if it is to dificult do you mind me getting into it?
id like to explain you how and what you can do best.
You can use subdomain without even using VestaCP or using any virtual host. If you need tutorial tell me I will post about it.
(08-19-2016, 09:17 AM)Anik Wrote: You can use subdomain without even using VestaCP or using any virtual host. If you need tutorial tell me I will post about it.

All tutorials are welcome Smile
Thanks  @Post4VPS

(08-19-2016, 12:28 PM)meetdilip Wrote:
(08-19-2016, 09:17 AM)Anik Wrote: You can use subdomain without even using VestaCP or using any virtual host. If you need tutorial tell me I will post about it.

All tutorials are welcome Smile

I will post one soon.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-22-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting