arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chernobyl - MUST WATCH!
Chernobyl (2019)

Chernobyl (2019) is a TV show by HBO and Sky. The TV show depicts the events of the horrible accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant that occured around the 26th April of 1986 in Ukraine.

The events that happened during the accident are presented in a very dramatic way. The show however focuses around the whole situation. The acting of the government, the initial attempts to hide everything, the heroes that attempted to extinguish the fire and prevent further damage and even worse chain reactions. Many more events that happened such as the evacuation of Pripyat and so on.

It was filmed in an old and shutdown nuclear power plant in Lithuania that is exactly like the plant in Ukraine but has been taken offline before it could suffer the faith of the Chernobyl reactor. Other parts of it were filmed in Ukraine.

The makers of the show use real voice recordings of emergency calls, real video footage of news on TV from that times in different countries (including the state TV of the USSR at that time). Nothing is left out so far. The show displays the sad and dark reality of the accident.

Below are a few links to real resources and recordings from that times that are also used during the show.

Emergency call after the reactor explosion:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgxPs-L-Bhg

^ They cut it a bit. Here is how they used it.

Pripyat emergency evacuation broadcast:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l3g3m8Vrgs

^ Also used in "Sabled Sun - A New Sun (2045)".

So far only a few episodes have been aired. Every week a new episode is being aired. The show scores 9.7 out of 10 on IMDB.

I highly recommend it.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Thanks HR. I would like to watch the episodes eventually. Especially after what happened with GoT this year. Yuuuk...

Just hope this does not excessively induce people into thinking that atomic power is that unsafe in general. Chernobyl was the result of some fool without much science and engineering knowledge wanting to test his foolish idea of cost saving (without doing much consulting and analysis together with people who could have known the design ) combined with bad reactor design and unprepared crew (bad security practices ).

Reactors working around the world today are much better designed wonders. comparing them to that at chernobyl would be a wrong thing to do.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
It's in my list too. I have heard lots of good things about this series. Even some say it's better than Game of Thrones. Well I have no idea about that since I haven't watched Game of Thrones. Couple of years back I read lot about Chernobyl disaster on Wiki and learned lot about it. It was quite a story and sad too. Those brave men who did their lost their lives trying to control the situation. Fire Fighters, Technicians and all.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

I think I saw a documentary about the incident in Youtube. But I haven't heard about this series. Thanks for the recommendation @HR will check this out soon when I get time to.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Damn it! I just have heard about this multiple time by some sources but this trailer gave me goosebumps.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
My science teacher recommend it for the pupils at 2nd preparatory so it seems to be a science show
This is an interesting TV Show, I heard about Chernobyl nuclear reactor tragedy from the show Sancharam and the remainings of the incident still laying around that place still vomiting radiations which is injurious to the living beings there. I think more details on what happened there will be aired through this TV Show.

Thank you  Sweet

Thanks for the Reminder, sadly its only available on HBO or Sky, not even Amazon or Netflix.
@'Hidden Refuge' this is indeed a nice recommendation.

Although Chernobyl disaster occurred more than 30 years ago, the episodes are still very educational and can show us how dangerous a poorly-designed nuclear reactor could be.

And the issues were not only about hardware, it was reported that there also had quite some human errors involved in it.

Yup, watching the show and I can confirm its one of the most gripping shows I've seen, a bit sad that Its just 5 episodes but still, nonetheless great job by HBO I'd say.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-28-2019, 04:48 AM
Last Post: Kururin

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting