arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] 69th Giveaway
Suggestion for a 2nd VPS noted.  Will submit your suggestion to @Dynamo.  Perhaps we could ask for 10 additional posts for the second VPS instead of another 20 posts.  I think 40 posts may be unrealistic and result in lower quality of posts in overall.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Yes! That will be great. I am now using a VPS for my laravel but I may need another VPS for my other Routeros and if it is available why not use it. And 30 Posts is resonable.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
(06-07-2021, 06:01 PM)deanhills Wrote: Suggestion for a 2nd VPS noted.  Will submit your suggestion to @Dynamo.  Perhaps we could ask for 10 additional posts for the second VPS instead of another 20 posts.  I think 40 posts may be unrealistic and result in lower quality of posts in overall.

Noticed this discussion but my idea somehow may not the same to all.I think 2nd vps is optional and members might get one for more posts.
But having enough vaccant spots for new members is in higher priorty.We have ~3 new members every week but we don't have any new sponsors for months(as far as I know).I would wait for new sponsors before providing 2nd vpses.And adding more restrictions like you have held a vps for at least 3 months and in last 3 months you completed 30+ posts every month(just to prevent losing the 2nd vps very soon)
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
(06-08-2021, 12:00 PM)mzltest Wrote: Noticed this discussion but my idea somehow may not the same to all.I think 2nd vps is optional and members might get one for more posts.
But having enough vaccant spots for new members is in higher priorty.We have ~3 new members every week but we don't have any new sponsors for months(as far as I know).I would wait for new sponsors before providing 2nd vpses.And adding more restrictions like you have held a vps for at least 3 months and in last 3 months you completed 30+ posts every month(just to prevent losing the 2nd vps very soon)

Thanks very much for the feedback @mzltest - your points make great sense all round. I have a feeling that a 2nd VPS may not be a possibility until we have more VPSs to give away. But we'll wait for a final word from Dynamo on this.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(06-08-2021, 12:00 PM)mzltest Wrote: Noticed this discussion but my idea somehow may not the same to all.I think 2nd vps is optional and members might get one for more posts.
Since currently we don't have much vpses left in stock for new members. I believe that we should wait for sometime until there is a significant change in VPS stocks, otherwise it would be difficult for the new members to get a VPS of their choice.
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Oh yes absolutely. But if leftover VPS goes to the new giveaway pool, it will be another job on the board for taking care of their posts. More work yes, but it is better than waste time sitting vps'es Ideal.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
I do not think there would be need of a second VPS, one VPS is enough of a dedication to keep already. A second VPS will add unnecessary overhead. Also as @Dynamo said there are not enough VPS for it to go around the people who already own one for a second time. So it is okay if there is leftovers VPS. Does not hurt to have them.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Hey there, i wanted to add my input but for some reasons i could not and i hope @deanhills and @Dynamo will reconsider it since we are not allowing 2nd VPS just because of new users and they wont have enough choices if we allowed it but i have an idea.

What about adding only some VPSs for 2nd vps stock like VPS 1 is always available in every giveaway and not really in demand at the moment we have 5 VPS stock of VPS 1 and 4 VPS stock of  of VPS 7 plan and the VPSs are not in use nor giving any profit but if we allot 3 VPSs out of 5 of VPS plan 1 and 2 VPSs of VPS plan 7 we will get more activity on forum and as well as more reviews of these VPSs by their winners.

In this way we will have all kind of VPSs available in stock for newuser and they will would be able to win any of available vps.

Remember we dont get that much new users and there will be still 2 VPSs in stock of VPS plan 1 and 2 of VPS plan 7 and they can get it if they want.

Just having VPSs in stock and not getting used its bad for forum and also we are wasting the resources.
(06-11-2021, 02:51 PM)Decent12 Wrote: Hey there, i wanted to add my input but for some reasons i could not and i hope @deanhills and @Dynamo will reconsider it since we are not allowing 2nd VPS just because of new users and they wont have enough choices if we allowed it but i have an idea.

What about adding only some VPSs for 2nd vps stock like VPS 1 is always available in every giveaway and not really in demand at the moment we have 5 VPS stock of VPS 1 and 4 VPS stock of  of VPS 7 plan and the VPSs are not in use nor giving any profit but if we allot 3 VPSs out of 5 of VPS plan 1 and 2 VPSs of VPS plan 7 we will get more activity on forum and as well as more reviews of these VPSs by their winners.

In this way we will have all kind of VPSs available in stock for newuser and they will would be able to win any of available vps.

Remember we dont get that much new users and there will be still 2 VPSs in stock of VPS plan 1 and 2 of VPS plan 7 and they can get it if they want.

Just having VPSs in stock and not getting used its bad for forum and also we are wasting the resources.

I really like this idea, it would allow the allocation of resources, but also make the pool for a 2nd VPS more competitive and I think we would see some pretty innovative things come out of that pool. I honestly would make a second one my development server. What I like about this is made part of the requirements is we have an innovation section that folks with this 2nd VPS would have to contribute at least one post a month to some sort of project they are working on using that resource that way the Sponsor gets feedback on the Plus/Deltas of their contribution and we all get to see what cool projects are being done on a more visible scale.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
Sometimes I have noticed for a long time is Nobody wants VPS1. Sometimes to time a new member would pick it but drop it soon. I can't blame them since I have used VPS1 several times and I can't say my experience is great. I always thought it would be great if the Sponsor could merge these VPS into 3 2GB RAM VPS or 2 3GB RAM VPS so members really would want to use these and there will be a demand. But for some reason that seems not the case.

These days we are not getting any new sponsors and for some reason, I don't see new active members either. I never thought 2nd VPS idea was not so sustainable. But with the current situation and zero demand for VPS1, I think maybe it's okay to try this 2nd VPS concept with those 6 VPS1's. Still I don't think all 6 will be taken as a 2nd vps.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
 [CLOSED] 70th Giveaway
07-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: deanhills
 [CLOSED] 68th Giveaway
05-07-2021, 03:25 PM
 [CLOSED] 67th Giveaway
04-07-2021, 09:56 PM
 [CLOSED] 66th Giveaway
03-22-2021, 05:36 AM
 [CLOSED] 65th Giveaway
02-15-2021, 04:08 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting