arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corded vs Cordless Mouse
I have had computers for such a long time but started using a cordless mouse only three years ago. I bought this wireless mouse for like 1 USD from a sale. Tested and it worked so bought it to keep it as a backup mouse. After all, it was just 1usd so cheaper than a corded mouse. I had to start using it just after 2 months. I was so impressed with its performance because it was light weighted but responded so well. Next 2 and half years I used it. It worked so well and only had one problem. That mouse was a battery hog.

Needed to replace it's AA battery once in 2 months. So needless to say I wanted another cordless mouse after that one. That's when problems started. The next mouse was about 6 USD and worked perfectly at the shop. At home using it was like driving a manual steering truck. and stopped working after like a month. Next mouth was working well but then it started to stop working too. Like it was working one hour then nothing. So now I'm back to corded mouses again.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Logitech corded mouse for about 4 USD. This is works so well and I don't need batteries either. The first few days were not so great because. It seems to be a gaming mouse and a bit heavier than all those I used for the last 3 years. Now I'm used to it so all great. So, I won't be going back to a cordless mouse anytime soon.

What type of mouse you guys use?

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

It's good to see some new interesting threads been opened up!
I'm a gamer and literally mouse is the main thing for me, I was using Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical Mouse 1.1a for i guess 5 years for even for tournaments and so i would say this mouse is the best mouse for price and size and everything! It cost like 2-3$ the only drawback is that they die the click dies or something it's easy to repair but, I have almost a box now of dead IntelliEye Mouse. I switched to a Logitech G102, Because i needed a good sensor mouse and with high polling rate. It is a small mouse but i would say for the price this mouse is actually really best, i got it for like 25$ with 1 year warranty. Few months after the OMRON switch died, but had it replaced and it's been running amazing since then. I would recommend this mouse for someone who is looking for a gaming mouse in budget,
Coming to cordless mouse.
I had a Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse, It is a really big mouse and have many buttons, but literally i used 2 Local AA Battery and literally did not changed for a month, I used that mouse for like 6 hours a day straight no stopping and it gives the best response time and with 1000Hz Polling Rate it felt real smooth.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

I have just checked the mouse I'm using now and It's a Logitech G102 Prodigy gaming mouse. But now I think it's a replica but not the real thing. Because it's about 40 USD at Amazon. Noway real thing would be give for 5 USD. But so far it's working great. Only problem I have is sometimes I accidenly click those 2 buttons and end up in previous web page.

What I need now is one of these Gel Mouse Pads. I do have one but it's time to replace. Couldn't find anything similar quality in localshops. Ebay has some but bit expensive.

Yes there is indeed many replicas which are like for few dollars one good thing about is it does have light though Big Grin!, well coming to your 2 buttons issue, I'm pretty sure in that replica the clicks and switches would be really sensitive in real logitech g102 i have never have this problem since those two button requires a little force to press!
Why are you going for Gel Mouse Pads though? Maybe you could go for mousepad like HP Omen or QCK they cost like 20 USD annd the surface is really smooth and they are pretty good in size and good consistency.
In your replica i'm sure there would be a laser sensor right?

I think the problem with the buttons related to the way I hold the mouse. Most of those previous mouses were small so im still holding this one same way which makes my thumb get too close to these buttons. Now it happens less and less it seems. It might be a replica but it's hard to even say that if you don't know it.Very well built. Hopefully it will last long too. The scroll button is the usuall thing first to break. Since I use it a lot. I don't play games a lot but I spend like 15 hours front of PC so it get used a lot.

I like gel pads because these come with a mount where you can keep your wrist while using the mouse. I checked the HP OMEN Mouse Pad 300 which is 20 USD and it looks pretty good and kinda big. But I wonder I should spend 20 USD for a mousepad. I was thinking something between 5-10 USD. After all my mouse was only 5 or 6 USD. xD. Yes OFC the mouse has a laser sensor. I found the one I use while search Amazon. It's about 12 USD. It's called Ergonomic Mouse Pad with Gel Wrist Rest Support.

I generally don't like messing with batteries if I can avoid it, so I prefer a wired mouse. I won't compromise on the laser though... too many years angry and frustrated trying to clean out the tracks that always seem to get gummed up, no matter how nice your mousepad is.

I find that with a laser mouse the mousepad isn't really necessary. I just use a notebook or whatever is near me that's relatively flat... but I don't require a lot of mouse sensitivity. I generally prefer slower paced story driven games to fast paced action games. I mess with graphics occasionally (if I have to and can't find what I want on public domain), but usually I only play with low res sprites... I'll leave the HD graphics for more talented individuals Smile
@xdude  I like this topic.  Thanks for posting it.  

For me corded or cordless doesn't really make a difference.  Comfort comes first, so if I find a mouse that is comfortable and corded, then I don't have an issue either way. However, I have found lately the reason I've been gravitating to cordless is  the choice of mouse is much greater in cordless than corded.  On the other hand, if one checks in the back street computer shops, one could possibly get dirt cheap corded ones.  But now I'm on cordless, it's just easier.  I had a great LG mouse - corded - for years, until it died, and haven't found a comparable one, even with Logitech to replace it.  I'm still looking for the exact same quality replacement.  For me the general quality of mouse and keyboard is not as great as it used to be. Probably because of how mass produced it has become.

My experience is the exact same battery wise.  Last week I had to replace the battery again - but more like once in 6 months - maybe because the mouse is so small I get more battery life than you do? Ditto my keyboard that I'm using for traveling only - battery has to be replaced regularly and more often than the mouse.  I've got a corded keyboard that I use with my desktop. On the battery side also depending where one lives, if the humidity is high battery life can be an issue with condensation - so sometimes it may be more practical to have corded, depending where one lives.

Mouse wise I've always liked Logitech.   I have a very small portable "Logi" (M187) Logitech cordless mouse I got for my laptop for traveling, and ended up buying another one for my desktop.  I like the way the USB little stick of the mouse can be stored next to the battery cavity.  But I also like that it feels like nothing - very light to the touch and becomes more or less invisible.  On the negative side it's not always spot on with clicking, i.e. it misses, but not irritatingly so.  But for the rest it's lasted for quite a while.  I've been on it for over 2 years. Logitech makes reliable products.

I've found that some times the pirated version of products can be better - like at the beginning of the year I bought a very cheap corded keyboard (with a very obscure brand name Nextek) from one of those obscure little shops with all kinds of interesting cellular ancillary products that are dirt cheap, and it's turning into the nicest keyboard I've had in a long while.  Keys are snug together so keyboard turns into very light and takes up very little space.  Like the Logitech M187 little mouse, it's so light, i'm not even aware it's there.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
If you go wireless don't cheap out! If I hear "I bought a cordless mouse for $6 and it was bad"... you get what you pay for.

I used a lot of cheap wireless mouses in the past, too. Had about the similar experience in terms of quality and battery. Especially battery usage seems to be a big issue on cheaper wireless mouses. The last 4 years I have been using a Cherry B.UNLIMITED 3.0 set and really liked it. Both the keyboard and mouse lasted for a very long time (more than several months). They had rechargeable batteries, a charge port and a charge cable. So easy recharge and no battery swap needed. The quality was also alright. I used a used set at work though. It was a bit used and worn and sadly not that well. So for about a year now I'm using a Logitech MK850 set. Also works absolutely perfect and lasts long. I replaced the non-rechargeable with good Vatra rechargeable ones though. So I can take them out while I'm not using the keyboard/mouse and recharge them if needed.

About experiencing weird issues with the wireless mouse:
a) don't plug the USB receiver directly into the computer
b) use a USB extension cable and plug it into that cable
c) if you have to plug it into your computer try to avoid USB 3.0 ports
d) avoid pluging it near bluetooth and WiFi devices in your computer

Why all of this? Quite simple: electro magnetic interference caused by USB ports (especially 3.0) and other wireless signals are the root cause of the mouse or keyboard connection acting up.

I have my receiver connected over a USB extension and have absolutely zero issues. The MK850 included a USB extension cable just for the receiver (probably already to combat those issues and for better reception of the signal).

REMEMBER: wireless mouses/keyboards operate on the same signal range and frequencies as WiFi and bluetooth. USB 3.0 ports also cause almost similar but way worse interference (mostly due to bad shielding).
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(10-22-2020, 02:16 PM)xdude Wrote: I think the problem with the buttons related to the way I hold the mouse. Most of those previous mouses were small so im still holding this one same way which makes my thumb get too close to these buttons. Now it happens less and less it seems. It might be a replica but it's hard to even say that if you don't know it.Very well built. Hopefully it will last long too. The scroll button is the usuall thing first to break. Since I use it a lot. I don't play games a lot but I spend like 15 hours front of PC so it get used a lot.

I like gel pads because these come with a mount where you can keep your wrist while using the mouse. I checked the HP OMEN Mouse Pad 300 which is 20 USD and it looks pretty good and kinda big. But I wonder I should spend 20 USD for a mousepad.  I was thinking something between 5-10 USD. After all my mouse  was only 5 or 6 USD. xD. Yes OFC the mouse has a laser sensor. I found the one I use while search Amazon. It's about 12 USD. It's called Ergonomic Mouse Pad with Gel Wrist Rest Support.

I can honestly say that 20$ for that mousepad is actually worth it, I have used it for a while and it was really great. Talking about the replica literally it is indeed so well built but the only thing is not is the bottom part of it, It have a laser sensor and the sticker and the design of the bottom is pretty different from the original
Does not Gel Wrist Rest bother at all? and those mouse pads are kinda small though? 
The only thing about the G102 is the left click goes double-clicking after few months on the use so you have to get it replaced sooner or later.

I also hv come to same conclusion that cheap wireless mouses are a bad choice. 2 out of 3 of those I have bought under 10 USD didn't last long. My friend bought one for 25 USD which works great for 4 months. I have never that had problem with corded mouses (I wonder if we can call mice, doesn't sound right). I hadn't thought about the USD issue. Wonder if thats what happened for mine too. But for a while I'm using USB Hub.

@sAmI
I use computer long hours so the Gel Wrist Rest really work for me. Also I think I usually set up my mouse to high sensitive level so I don't do lot of moving. So small size of the pad really is not a problem. Do you mean there is another laser sensor apart from the optical part of G102? in bottom size there is LogiTech sticker with details and next to the optical sensor. It has nothing else. Hmm I haven't had this right click problem yet but I will keep an eye on that. Maybe that happens with you use it for games? My usual problem is scroller breaks or get damages.

@deanhills

Thank you. Just like you, I really do like these smal laptop mouse units. Its so easy work with those and very comfatable.

Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-29-2017, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Golden

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting