arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant
Hello there, I was scrolling down on FB and i found out a video that there has been a new Variant of COVID-19 in UK, The video was so made weirdly i ignored it but when i started digging it up i actually think it is now scary though

The new variant has not been only found in UK but also in Netherlands , Belgium , Australia and many others, People have started to make memes and naming it "COVID 2.0 which is not funny though.  The UK Prime Minister also said that this new Variant may be upto 70% more transmissible than the old one. The new Variant is being called VUI-202012/01 "Variant Under Investigation". Many different countries have imposed ban on travelers from UK and have restricted all the flights real quick. The news says that the new variant is not deadly as the old one, But when COVID-19 started it was not deadly at first though every country thought it will only cause a flu and so, Are we at a huge risk now? If it spreads at a really quick rate then it would be matter of months it would spread globally. 

What would be your opinion on it? If anyone here who lives in UK i would also love to hear from him that what things you are getting to hear about this new Variant? 

Source : 
Source 1
Source 2

Regards,
sAmI
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(12-22-2020, 04:46 AM)sAmI Wrote: The news says that the new variant is not deadly as the old one, But when COVID-19 started it was not deadly at first though every country thought it will only cause a flu and so, Are we at a huge risk now? If it spreads at a really quick rate then it would be matter of months it would spread globally. 

What would be your opinion on it? If anyone here who lives in UK i would also love to hear from him that what things you are getting to hear about this new Variant? 

Source : 
Source 1
Source 2

Regards,
sAmI

We've live with flu for a long time. It's not so deadly in some area but somehow thousand if not million people in US died because of flu each year. With the same analogy, it maybe not really deadly for some people (like flu in Indonesia) but "deadly" for another people (like flu in US).

Even it's not as deadly as the first variant, we should see if it's still cause Pneumonia-like illness. My relative died from COVID-19 because he has asthma. Due to the pneumonia, he cannot breath, and yeah.

I hope the current vaccine we're trying to develop can fight new COVID 19 variant without much more searching phase.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(12-22-2020, 11:43 PM)tiwil Wrote: We've live with flu for a long time. It's not so deadly in some area but somehow thousand if not million people in US died because of flu each year. With the same analogy, it maybe not really deadly for some people (like flu in Indonesia) but "deadly" for another people (like flu in US).

Even it's not as deadly as the first variant, we should see if it's still cause Pneumonia-like illness. My relative died from COVID-19 because he has asthma. Due to the pneumonia, he cannot breath, and yeah.

I hope the current vaccine we're trying to develop can fight new COVID 19 variant without much more searching phase.

Yes, My friend had asthma and heis age was 19 and he had many struggles fighting COVID-19 but he did eventually.
If we see that it is causing Pneumonia-like illness in the start stage, When there was a first wave in Pakistan it was not as deadly but eventually after several months it became strong and caused many different symptoms which overwhelmed hospitals. Many hospitals literally added signs that they are not gonna be taking any COVID-19 Patient. If this new variant spreads globally what about the countries who is struggling to cure COVID-19 through (medicines , ventilators) isn't it gonna cause a huge impact again?

(12-22-2020, 04:46 AM)sAmI Wrote: ......But when COVID-19 started it was not deadly at first though every country thought it will only cause a flu and so, Are we at a huge risk now? If it spreads at a really quick rate then it would be matter of months it would spread globally.......

It looks like we are not at a huge risk for now, because it is said that the current vaccines should also have protection against this new Coronavirus UK variant.

But still I worry that if the new UK variant is going to spread out too quickly, then it will infect a lot of people before they can take any vaccine.

This whole Covid variant thing has me also puzzled.  Tonight on the news South Africa learned that its flights have been banned from the UK from today with immediate effect and some of the other European countries are following the example of the UK because the virus variant from South Africa is according to the UK more contagious than the variant from the UK.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...train.html

Now tonight I read this thread about the UK variant, and am now wondering whether the UK is doing this to South Africa, just to take attention away from how more serious the UK virus is.  I feel very sorry for those from South Africa who flew to the UK recently for Christmas, as they have all been put under immediate quarantine after two of the passengers from South Africa in the UK were found with the virus, and it was found the South African strain is more contagious. Like how do they decide that? On what scientific basis? Also, how will countries be able to use an international vaccine if there are so many different strains of the virus?  And how the dickens can we trust any of this info that comes our way?  Even the stats these days feel sometimes as though they have been faked. Sad
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(12-23-2020, 08:16 PM)deanhills Wrote: This whole Covid variant thing has me also puzzled.  Tonight on the news South Africa learned that its flights have been banned from the UK from today with immediate effect and some of the other European countries are following the example of the UK because the virus variant from South Africa is according to the UK more contagious than the variant from the UK.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...train.html

Now tonight I read this thread about the UK variant, and am now wondering whether the UK is doing this to South Africa, just to take attention away from how more serious the UK virus is.  I feel very sorry for those from South Africa who flew to the UK recently for Christmas, as they have all been put under immediate quarantine after two of the passengers from South Africa in the UK were found with the virus, and it was found the South African strain is more contagious.  Like how do they decide that?  On what scientific basis?  Also, how will countries be able to use an international vaccine if there are so many different strains of the virus?  And how the dickens can we trust any of this info that comes our way?  Even the stats these days feel sometimes as though they have been faked.  Sad

Exactly, I believe the whole news and this is just a drama to not to make it serious since COVID-19 is already going on and they are probably hiding this. They are saying it spreads 70% faster than COVID-19 then it would obviously will be deadly right? And soon as this was discovered why the sudden ban on flights if its not serious, There is indeed something going on. Some news are saying there are different strains of the virus some are saying there is only that is easily tracible, I honestly feel that this new VUI-202021 is actually different from COVID-19 and can cause serious troubles. 

About stats i think you are right, I have observed this many times and i researched but i didn't got a clear answer ever. If we see the USA Stats daily it changes on hourly basis like increases and increases, But stats of Pakistan on exactly 8AM It's always a fixed number, How is that even possible, Sometimes they say that they already have 20000 - 30000 samples which they are checked but then there is another news that random and live test are being reported.
I'm honestly so confused and even scared at the same time.

WhileI am not a medical student, I do know that a virus can mutate to form a new type of virus to survive in specific conditions. Since we have been having vaccine trials for a while now, I think it possible that a trial patient had their virus mutate/evolve to fight against the vaccine? This would also play well with the media hiding it because the governments wouldn't want to badmouth the newly researched vaccines. Though Pfizer has claimed that the vaccine should be effective against the new strain, It really doesn't sound authentic to me.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(12-24-2020, 06:49 PM)Honey Wrote: Though Pfizer has claimed that the vaccine should be effective against the new strain, It really doesn't sound authentic to me.

@Honey what gets me most of all, there is not a single scientist that has shown to me that scientists have a complete, and I mean COMPLETE understanding of the virus. They're unable to make predictions. In South Africa their prediction was a second flare up only in our autumn winter months in April. The flare up started at end of November - the middle of summer. And it's now the worst it's ever been before. No longer a flare-up but a raging pandemic.

So how can a virus like this, that is not fully understood by scientists, even what the strains are or where they are going to end up, have a vaccine that will work well. Some of the scientists say that having the vaccine doses once is not enough. It would have to be repeated in a year's time. But how do they calculate or define "in a year's time"? Like for me the statement says, short-term plastering over a strategy that doesn't have a complete grasp of the problem. I read somewhere else that those who have had the virus have anti-body counts decreasing after 3 months and there is a good chance they can get the virus again. So for me that means with a vaccine one would have to have the same expectation. Lasting 3 months and then needing a repeat dose continuously.

So now I can't help wonder about a conspiracy theory here. As some large pharmaceutical companies are about to make huge sums of money indefinitely.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(12-24-2020, 11:47 PM)deanhills Wrote: So now I can't help wonder about a conspiracy theory here. As some large pharmaceutical companies are about to make huge sums of money indefinitely.

Don't forget the investment they have to do at first. Yes, at the end of the day, companies always consider about getting profit. They have to do investment first to study the virus then develop the vaccine. Not everyone success even though a ton of money already invested. We also need to consider the risk to study the virus itself. If the scientist miss one of the safety requirement, they may get the virus to them.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Well yeah this is indeed a very serious issue, and certainly not something to be memed about. You know, you can never really change people, they realize the true effect of it, when they lose their loved ones owing to the virus, and it's too late to act. We've had such people here, and they had undergone the exact same consequence to realize the pain of it.

Speaking about the new virus, it has been confirmed as a new variant of COV SARS-2, first found in the UK. It was a good decision to impose an immediate lockdown, because as earlier stated, it's transmission rate is 70% more than COVID. India too acted immediately and halted all flights from the UK, much like the other nations, still two infected persons who had landed here earlier from the UK were diagnosed with the new virus and immediately isolated.

Now, according to some news reports there are two newer mutations of the virus that was detected earlier in the UK. They've been found in South Africa and Nigeria, so now we've 4 variants in circulation globally, ridiculous isn't it? https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/12/2...f-covid-19
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Pages (3):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting