arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Country-limited smartphone edition is legit?
(03-28-2021, 02:24 PM)mzltest Wrote: I've heard of that western people don't like red very much as they link it to bleeding and violence.I don't quite know the people's opinion there,but I think there must be a reason for this.

If I go by popularity of blood and gore movies, Dracula movies, violent TV shows and games in the West, I'd say people of the West love blood and violence! If there is a rational explanation I'd guess that maybe manufacturers did a marketing test, and the search results favoured other colors over red. I know that metallic colors are very popular. I've seen white, pink, green and yellow in phones. Even orange. But maybe red is not seen as a dignified color.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(03-28-2021, 03:30 PM)deanhills Wrote: If I go by popularity of blood and gore movies, Dracula movies, violent TV shows and games in the West, I'd say people of the West love blood and violence!   If there is a rational explanation I'd guess that maybe manufacturers did a marketing test, and the search results favoured other colors over red.  I know that metallic colors are very popular.  I've seen white, pink, green and yellow in phones. Even orange. But maybe red is not seen as a dignified color.

That's my opinion.They should have researched the colors and finally not decided to produce a red phone.If they produce a phone of a special color that means it will be produced in high volume but if this color is unsalable then it will be a loss to the company.So they will only satisfy their target customers most,and producing the colors they like.

Back to the color red,as you might heard before,is a good color for us which is used in many celebrations.Maybe so do they think in Korea.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
(03-25-2021, 02:31 PM)LightDestory Wrote: ...... What they do this unfair market strategy? 
If I like RED color why I should be unable to get it? Only because I am not chinese/korean? It is crazy.

I do agree that it is a very unfair market strategy. What I often hear from news is that quite some smartphones are very cheap but they are available in Indian market only.

I think the smartphones producers shall at least offer choices for other non-Indian to buy this kind of cheaper phones. These smartphones are probably less powerful but are still good enough for general uses. Smile

This reminds me of my old Samsung S4 phone. It was brand new with a box and everything but it was already 2 phones behinds since Samsung S6 was already out when I bought it. I was surprised to find an aerial antenna on it, which won't see but need to detach when you want. I was told it's the Korean model which was made to be sold only in Korea. I guess it must be because of government regulations or something. Because international models don't have that.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

In India, every dollar costs near 75, Import duty on electronics is nearly 30% and GST is 28%. That's a huge add ons on every electronic. The gov is subsiding in house factory so no more import duty.
So as you guessed every market needs a different gadget, in India its the best value for your money. Cheap but a branded piece of tech sells more than high price less value tech.
Samsung, oppo, mi everybody makes different country-specific phones.
And it's not limited to Asia, you can get some phones specifically made for the USA, UAE and other countries.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting