arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Country-limited smartphone edition is legit?
Every year a lot of smartphones are released, most of them get a international edition but sometimes there are very good edition limited to a specific market. Why they do that?

For example recently OnePlus announces its OnePlus series 9 phones:
  • One Plus 9, international availability
  • One Plus 9Pro, international availability
  • One Plus 9R, india exclusive
9R is a cheaper phone with almost the same feature, except for the enthusiast ones such as advanced cameras and top gamma CPU... why non-india people can't get it?

Another example are the Samsung esotic colors, on China and Korea has been reported the availability of RED and PINK variants of their phones over the times, they just get released a bit later than their international variants.

What differences between a international phone and a region-specific region are:
  • CSC partition, they can be adjusted buy flashing the international ROM
  • Modem LTE frequencies, nowadays we almost uses all of the available, except for some China frequences
What they do this unfair market strategy? 
If I like RED color why I should be unable to get it? Only because I am not chinese/korean? It is crazy.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Alot of smartphone released and my country wont bring any new one... We still old ??

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

(03-25-2021, 02:31 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Every year a lot of smartphones are released, most of them get a international edition but sometimes there are very good edition limited to a specific market. Why they do that?

For example recently OnePlus announces its OnePlus series 9 phones:
  • One Plus 9, international availability
  • One Plus 9Pro, international availability
  • One Plus 9R, india exclusive
9R is a cheaper phone with almost the same feature, except for the enthusiast ones such as advanced cameras and top gamma CPU... why non-india people can't get it?

Another example are the Samsung esotic colors, on China and Korea has been reported the availability of RED and PINK variants of their phones over the times, they just get released a bit later than their international variants.

What differences between a international phone and a region-specific region are:
  • CSC partition, they can be adjusted buy flashing the international ROM
  • Modem LTE frequencies, nowadays we almost uses all of the available, except for some China frequences
What they do this unfair market strategy? 
If I like RED color why I should be unable to get it? Only because I am not chinese/korean? It is crazy.

It's just companies to maxinize their income.Widely-accepted interests are considered while others are ignored.And maybe that's why phones are not very "colorful",because for some colors they saw no point in it.
For country-limited phones,another concern,yes,to broaden the market hold there .Eg.for africa countries phones are usually cheaper but less powerful.
Yes,you may call this a kind of discrimination,but well,if you want one,you have to accept that.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
@LightDestory Not only OnePlus . also Xiaomi has some special additions for India. and the big reason is the popularity and business according to user requirements. MI also introduce many gift packs while buy new phone. which has not available any other country as compensate Indians.
Oneplus also introduce a special phone for India.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(03-25-2021, 02:31 PM)LightDestory Wrote: What they do this unfair market strategy? 

Crazy!.. Well, yes, maybe!.. But that's the system you're living in.. and the 'craziness' encompass pretty much everything surrounding you/us.. and it should be so for as long as the mighty profit-driven Capitalistic system will still rule the World!...

When Capitalism was relying on the Colonial World Order -that's the pre-WWII era- only people in the margins(/Colonies) were feeling the 'unfairness'...... Nowadays, with Capitalism à-la 'neoliberal' flavor (ie the Neoliberal World Order) pretty much everyone is feeling the 'unfairness' of it at varying degree; the ex-colonies as well as their previous western metro-poles alike..

The new shift though is that the Neoliberal diktat in its quest for the forever-profit has slowly but steadily left the mythical West to the rising East as its main driving force of -its Capital- Growth..... leaving governments and their people in the West feeling what it means to not be at the CENTER of the WORLD ECONOMY anymore... Some still don't fully realize that YET.. but they will at some points...

I can't be more abstract than this.... :-)

Have a nice day!..
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(03-26-2021, 06:11 AM)sagher Wrote: @LightDestory Not only OnePlus . also Xiaomi has some special additions for India. and the big reason is the popularity and business according to user requirements. MI also introduce many gift packs while buy new phone. which has not available any other country as compensate Indians.
Oneplus also introduce a special phone for India.

Yeah.When talking to the OS inside phones,Chinese version often differents from Global/EU versions.And yes,the users there requires it to be something so if they want to profit in foreign markets they have to satisfy them.

But if they delibrately selling the better thing abroad but worse thing in local that's very unacceptable.
(03-28-2021, 08:42 AM)mzltest Wrote: Yeah.When talking to the OS inside phones,Chinese version often differents from Global/EU versions.And yes,the users there requires it to be something so if they want to profit in foreign markets they have to satisfy them.

But if they delibrately selling the better thing abroad but worse thing in local that's very unacceptable.

Google services in China are banned, so it is normal that chinese OS differents from GLOBAL/EU. What I am complaining about are the special edition of phones which have some variants sold globaly and others not. So they have already a "production" for the global variant but they choose to sell a special edition only to a specific country... the by "special" I mean colors! There isn't any difficulty on coloring a phone... so why they choose this strategy?
(03-28-2021, 01:19 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Google services in China are banned, so it is normal that chinese OS differents from GLOBAL/EU. What I am complaining about are the special edition of phones which have some variants sold globaly and others not. So they have already a "production" for the global variant but they choose to sell a special edition only to a specific country... the by "special" I mean colors! There isn't any difficulty on coloring a phone... so why they choose this strategy?
Actually the international veraion contains less ad than the local version of UI.

And to your concern of coloring,I don't think It's easy to color a special colour on a phone because mobiles are produced in bulk - they can't just produce one copy for each variant.And at most time the difference for the same series is not just coloring.The specs are different too as they have to satisfy the people there while profiting.

I don't know whether you use a protective cover for your phone,if yes,forget it - just buy the cover that fits your need.
(03-28-2021, 01:28 PM)mzltest Wrote: Actually the international veraion contains less ad than the local version of UI.

And to your concern of coloring,I don't think It's easy to color a special colour on a phone because mobiles are produced in bulk - they can't just produce one copy for each variant.And at most time the difference for the same series is not just coloring.The specs are different too as they have to satisfy the people there while profiting.

I don't know whether you use a protective cover for your phone,if yes,forget it - just buy the cover that fits your need.

Last year, Samsung Galaxy S20+ RED edition was an korea-exclusive, with all the other accessories such as Galaxy Buds. It was just "red" no special color at all. Where do you find the difficulty on putting different "color-dyeing" stuff inside a machine? The hardware was the same.

To get that color I should import that phone paying taxes and than I should unlock the bootloader to flash into it the EU firmware voiding the warranty... I just want them to be fair with all their customers.
(03-28-2021, 01:49 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Last year, Samsung Galaxy S20+ RED edition was an korea-exclusive, with all the other accessories such as Galaxy Buds. It was just "red" no special color at all. Where do you find the difficulty on putting different "color-dyeing" stuff inside a machine? The hardware was the same.

To get that color I should import that phone paying taxes and than I should unlock the bootloader to flash into it the EU firmware voiding the warranty... I just want them to be fair with all their customers.
Actually I don't mean it is difficult to paint the phones.I mean if they really sell these red phones on your country,how well will the sales be?

I've heard of that western people don't like red very much as they link it to bleeding and violence.I don't quite know the people's opinion there,but I think there must be a reason for this.

And don't forget,Samsung is a Korean company.They will always have more focus on the local market.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting