arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DDoS protection
My problem is because I want to run game server but, with reliable protection.
I am running the Pocketmine-MP Program. In VPS1 as test I have installed A program called NIDS. Which has more functionality in Server security. And Test vulnerabilities on the server. Result I Did DDoS attack with UDP protocol! But nil for PORT is not opened by Pocketmine-MP. But DDoS runs Current In Port Yang opened by Pocketmine-MP. Here I think I will ask the world experts to get a reliable security.
Terminal
Solo Developer
If you have some money to burn, I know cloudflare has an emergency DDoS solution so I would imagine they have something preventive. The thing with cloudflare though, is that they can be quite pricey. I still haven't seen anything better than them though.
[Image: jVR9s2p.png]
(06-30-2018, 02:06 AM)SeductiveWalrus Wrote: If you have some money to burn, I know cloudflare has an emergency DDoS solution so I would imagine they have something preventive. The thing with cloudflare though, is that they can be quite pricey. I still haven't seen anything better than them though.

You can say you have to burn $ 5000 to subscribe to cloudflare
Terminal
Solo Developer
(06-30-2018, 02:14 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: You can say you have to burn $ 5000 to subscribe to cloudflare

I have no idea how much it costs. I never looked at the pricing.

Also, please be more clear in your wording. It's hard to tell what you meant.
(06-30-2018, 02:17 AM)SeductiveWalrus Wrote: I have no idea how much it costs. I never looked at the pricing.

Also, please be more clear in your wording. It's hard to tell what you meant.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/...-Plan-cost-
Terminal
Solo Developer
(06-30-2018, 02:22 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/...-Plan-cost-

That is the enterprise plan. This is for big companies that demand a lot of bandwith. If $5,000 is a lot of money to you, then you most likely do not need this plan. I'm sure there are cheaper plans.
Go for sucuri or buyvm protection they both are awesome.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
Cloudflare do have free service, you can give it a try.
Free service also have DDoS protection.

I'm using Cloudflare and until now, I'm happy.
Maybe install some security apps? Fail2ban? IPTables?
(06-30-2018, 03:09 AM)tiwil Wrote: Cloudflare do have free service, you can give it a try.
Free service also have DDoS protection.

I'm using Cloudflare and until now, I'm happy.
Maybe install some security apps? Fail2ban? IPTables?

Fail2ban And IPtables I think not enough! In fact I've been using Karnel That is devoted to the level of security but the problem with UDP is flooded

(06-30-2018, 03:06 AM)TrK Wrote: Go for sucuri or buyvm protection they both are awesome.

Sucuri and buyvm I think it's worth a try

And at least if asked to be paid I hope the price is the same as the result
Terminal
Solo Developer
@tiwil @chanalku91

Please keep in mind that CloudFlare free doesn't provide DDoS protection for game servers and any other custom application or port other than 80/443 for websites only (websockets included of course). The free CloudFlare plan is literally only good as in "good for websites and nothing else". Also with this limitations CloudFlare certainly doesn't even support UDP on free plans because webservers all work over pure TCP.

OP needs something like OVH game protection that is specially meant for UDP DDoS protection for game servers, voice servers and similar. And this is one of the more known, popular and affordable solutions for gamers.

@SeductiveWalrus

You're seriously considering, or better said thinking, that OP came here to get a free VPS and that they even remotely have any money for such kind of service?

Uhm... For one moment... Ah nevermind.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-30-2021, 06:52 PM
Last Post: hamed

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting