arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disk inaccessible
hey guys,
the other day my laptop got turned off automatically due to low charge but after that i am unable to use my laptop there is a disk F which inaccessible and whenever i try to open this error pops up. 
"The disk is inaccessible the disk parameter is incorrect"

Searched google but there is no helpfull solution. 
i have tried one thing till now for solving but no solution
1) tried chkdisk
if you have windows and a alternative pc to use temporary i would suggest you to create a new windows installation.
instead if installing click on repair left under.

in case that doesn't help install a life linux bootable and see if you can repair the disk from there.
Two reasons for that specific error, either your partition is lost or your file system data got corrupted for that specific drive, would suggest you to try file system fixers but they have a success rate of 40% only the only doable option would be format that drive and do a data recovery. You can also try booting from another media like flash drive or other system and check your drive if its affected the same way it was when you were using your installation of OS.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(12-11-2019, 03:28 PM)TrK Wrote: Two reasons for that specific error, either your partition is lost or your file system data got corrupted for that specific drive, would suggest you to try file system fixers but they have a success rate of 40% only the only doable option would be format that drive and do a data recovery. You can also try booting from another media like flash drive or other system and check your drive if its affected the same way it was when you were using your installation of OS.
Which file system fixers? can you name some good softwares.
I dont know what happened all of sudden but just checked now The F disk data type is changed to RAW and C D F disks status is Healthy(at risk) the only disk which is ok that is E.
here is screenshot and i know i can take screenshots in px directly but my laptop is just too slow cant even open browser so i took in mobile and uploaded.
https://ibb.co/KGj7jP2
To verify if the hard drive is really near its end I would recommend to download 3rd party applications such as CrystalDiskInfo and use it to check what it reports on health state and SMART values. If these applications together with the Windows onboard tools report that the hard drive is in bad state you are unfortunately out of luck. Take backups of everything you can and prepare to buy a replacement hard drive for your device.

How old is the device overall? Did the system in the past already suffer from power loss? Probably the hard drive is old and this power loss was one too much. Now it's broken. With bad luck even if it never failed before one power loss is enough to break it.

In regards to your question about filesystem fixing. Windows has a onboard tool called chkdsk. You can use it to scan the NTFS filesystem of your drive and partitions and let it fix issues. Unfortunately you cannot run chkdsk on the system partition while the system is running. Hence why perryoo11 recommended to boot from a Windows installation media and use the Windows repair feature there to run chkdsk. You can open a normal Windows terminal from Windows installation media to run the filesystem checks and fixes.

Run: chkdsk <driveletter>: /f /r /x

Replace <driveletter> with the actual letter of your drive/partition (e.g. E: ).

Example: chkdsk E: /f /r /x

/f will look for filesystem errors and fix them.
/r will look for broken sectors and try to fix them or recovery what it can from them.
/x will unmount the drive if it s mounted to make sure it can fully scan the filesystem.

On Windows 10 you can do these additional things: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...5b60477a93

Btw: Your whole drive and thus all partitions are shown as bad/at risk in your screenshot. So E: is not fine either.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Just to give you a heads up, you might actually be out of luck.

Now I’m not saying this in any form of technical basis, but solely based on experience.

I’ve experienced the same exact issue as yours. And other times I’ve experienced similar issues but not exactly the same.

No tool was able to recover anything from the drive. And no debugging methods/tools showed any useful results.

In most cases, I had no option but to format the drive and start from scratch.

In other cases, though, I was less fortunate. The drive has completely failed... so even formatting it wasnt possible.

I’m not trying to demotivate you or anything, keep on trying every way you possibly can to revive the drive or at least get the data out of it. However, don’t be surprised if none of your attempts succeed.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
the good thing about hdd { which is also an advantage of them over ssd} is that you may lose it due to controller problems , but most of its data on the platters are still there and if you find a similar drive , then you can swap and recover data very easily. it will be very cheap if you do yourself or have someone you know who works in data recovery business.

but yes. it may be as the posts above said. your drive is at the end of its natural life. may it soon find rest in peace..lol
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
locked as requested

please contact a staff member if you have anything to add
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-30-2019, 04:23 PM
Last Post: arsalahmed786

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting