arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WordPress Page Builders
For a long time, I avoided using Wordpress page builders and stick with Themes which I customized using whatever resources they offer in the theme and Wordpress. But now it seems I have come to a point using a page builder can save lots of time and also give me more creativity and features. Right now I'm studying about Elementor page builder. But there are few other popular builders out there such as Beaver Builder, Divi, Visual Composer Website Builder, Themify Builder, etc. All these have free lite versions as well as paid versions.
So anyone here uses one of these Wordpress page builders ?

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Nah TBH. I don't use these page builders, neither will I ever use. WordPress is an open-source software with fully customisable themes. Why use a generator (ie, a builder) to customise your pages. Why not do it yourself?

Agreed, it saves a lot of time and effort. But lemme tell you something. The generated pages would never be what you'd want before you used the builder. You might argue that it's the way you wanted it to be, but that's just what you think RN. Human psychology is meant to work that way. Our mind adapts to situational needs, and so what wouldn't have been there slightest twin of what you'd expected to create, seems so after you browse through the templates, and pick one not getting the one you're expecting.

On another note, you can never get that satisfaction when you use a generator. Believe me, the joy of coding something yourself, and designing it from scratch is a lot worthwhile than just randomly making up your mind to save some time and energy. But that effort is worth it. Nothing can bypass that joy which you experience when you DIY. Not that I've never tried these out, I've done that time and again but never liked that concept, for whatever that builder might be.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(11-28-2019, 06:16 PM)sohamb03 Wrote: Nah TBH. I don't use these page builders, neither will I ever use. WordPress is an open-source software with fully customisable themes. Why use a generator (ie, a builder) to customise your pages. Why not do it yourself?

Agreed, it saves a lot of time and effort. But lemme tell you something. The generated pages would never be what you'd want before you used the builder. You might argue that it's the way you wanted it to be, but that's just what you think RN. Human psychology is meant to work that way. Our mind adapts to situational needs, and so what wouldn't have been there slightest twin of what you'd expected to create, seems so after you browse through the templates, and pick one not getting the one you're expecting.

On another note, you can never get that satisfaction when you use a generator. Believe me, the joy of coding something yourself, and designing it from scratch is a lot worthwhile than just randomly making up your mind to save some time and energy. But that effort is worth it. Nothing can bypass that joy which you experience when you DIY. Not that I've never tried these out, I've done that time and again but never liked that concept, for whatever that builder might be.

Regards,

Well, I guess that's your opinion and I'm cool with that. Everyone has one depends on each person's knowledge, experience and what they do.

I have been using Wordpress for more than 10 years and I have been a PHP developer for way over that. When I said 10 years thats since I have been using Wordpress for everything. Before that some of us developers thought creating whole websites from the scratch was fun. Wordpress, we regarded no fun just like you are customizing Wordpress is fun. Since I have been doing that for so long time I know all about the fun part and not so fun part. It's fun when you do a couple of blogs on your own. When you have to do it a professional level like 100s of those it's no fun. It's work. When it's work what matters is what're your clients think. If they think it looks good and if they happy about how it works are what matters. Because they pay for it. So you see we do it for money in basic. Time is money. Fun no longer plays a big part here.

It's the same story for Linux vs Windows, control panels vs ssh, using IEDs for PHP/Java vs Notepad, etc. It's fun when you do it for fun but when you do it for work it's a different story. That's whey people pay money for Windows, cPanel and IntelliJ IDEA etc when there are plenty of free alternatives out there. There is nothing about Human psychology its pure practicality. You only realize it when you are at that level where you need it.

I hope you understand.   Smile   And I'm not asking about I should use a page builder or not. I have already passed that point. I have already done my homework and tested several most popular builders and have chosen Elementor as the best one for my work. I was asking if anyone is using one of these tools because of wanting to know about their hands-on experience. I know it' should be a question for a place like BlackHatworld forum or something similar. But I thought it might be a good topic if any of interested. lol

i have very little experience and that too is dated. i mainly used divi and Beaver. liked Beaver more. you can easily deactivate and your content remains ok. not much fuss. but it seems divi is a bit more new user friendly.

i know a friend who uses elementor and he says his main reason is that the options are better organized and many things are already there by default. no plugins needed. that's what suits him.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(11-29-2019, 03:12 PM)rudra Wrote: i have very little experience and that too is dated. i mainly used divi and Beaver. liked Beaver more. you can easily deactivate and your content remains ok. not much fuss. but it seems divi is a bit more new user friendly.

i know a friend who uses elementor and house main reason is that the options are better organized and many things are already there by default. no plugins needed. that's what suits him.

I tested both Beaver and Divi too. I like Divi more. But started liking Elementor even better because of the same why your friend likes it. It has a lot more components. Not just those built-in stuff but their paid and free add-ons. They have something for everything. The only downside is this takes time to master the whole thing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-16-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Amresh
01-07-2019, 08:49 AM
Last Post: deanhills
07-16-2018, 01:36 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting