arrow_upward

Poll: Whether your network have ipv6 supoort?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes - native support by your ISP
60.00%
Yes - 6to4 or similar tunnel(You have public ipv4 address)
20.00%
No
20.00%
Total
5 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do your network have ipv6 support?
It has been a good while since the idea of ipv6.But it is poorly implented in China.Recently my mobile carrier seemed dropping their ipv6 support - probably the reason might be ipv6 addresses are harder to be monitored by GFW and thus cutting off might be the best choice.

From the publicly available data*,the active ipv6 users percentage is 52.19% - at least for me I was in the rest.
* https://china-ipv6.cn/

So now I am wondering whether you guys have ipv6 support.In case you don't know how to test it,you can test at test-ipv6.com .
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
Yes, my broadband service provider has given me the dedicated IPV4 & IPV6 addresses however i don't how to test the same.
(06-06-2021, 09:00 AM)ShekharT Wrote: Yes, my broadband service provider has given me the dedicated IPV4 & IPV6 addresses however i don't how to test the same.

That looks like you have native ipv6 support by your ISP,as you already have a ipv6 address.

Interestingly ISPs here do not provide a public-accessible ip address by default.You have to request one and maybe need to pay for it.So if you do not want to do the extra step but still want to host a website,you may probably go for Intranet penetration(I do not know about this much,as I have no experience on that).
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
Yes, my Internet Service Provider provides all their customers with DSL or optic fibre products with native IPv6 access to the Internet with a /56 subnet out of which the router will pick a /64 subnet dynamically to pick addresses for devices (privacy extension is supported and enabled by default). Port forwarding for IPv6 is available and possible to be used easily over the router interface / firewall configuration. All of this for free.

I don't use IPv6 at the moment though and so I have disabled it in my DSL router.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
My provider doesn't give me an IPv6. It's rare for a website to have an IPv6 here, that's why they're not considering it. I think it will take another 3-4 years for provider to start providing IPv6. Some ISP already give us one but it's very rare to actually have one. So I consider it to be very lucky to have one.

I got one like one year ago and I can access my VPS with the IPv6 address which is quite awesome!
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(06-06-2021, 01:41 PM)tiwil Wrote: My provider doesn't give me an IPv6. It's rare for a website to have an IPv6 here, that's why they're not considering it. I think it will take another 3-4 years for provider to start providing IPv6. Some ISP already give us one but it's very rare to actually have one. So I consider it to be very lucky to have one.

I got one like one year ago and I can access my VPS with the IPv6 address which is quite awesome!

Probably.Not many sites uses ipv6-only and many applications still do not have good support of ipv6 and the relevant knowledge is not as widespread of ipv4 - at least for me localhost implictly means 127.0.0.1.
But yeah,if you have ipv6 support you can access ipv6 vps and these vpses tend to be cheaper than normal as you dont need to pay for the ipv4 address and if you want to make it accessible to ipv4only you can use cloudflare(slow in China!)
My service provider at my current house is AT&T and we have IPv6 options and I believe I will have both IPv4 and IPv6 options with my new house and Google Fiber.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
Yes, my network does have IPv6 support. The network speed is fast, as it is a native IPv6 support from my Internet Service Provider.

Sadly IPv6 is still not so popular for normal uses. I just sometimes use it for my development purposes. For example I would use it when I need to test my software for IPv6 compatibility. Smile

I am using two networks, one carrier has ipv6 address.while the other has only ipv4. I can't access ipv6 address with the second one. Due to this issue I mostly use the first one.
Nowadays ipv6 support seems a mandatory requirements to me to control ipv6 vpss.

Thank you  Sweet

Yes, My Internet Broadband ADSL service provider gives an IPV6 Ip range and way to configure with the help of manual. but i am a newbie to understand how to get advantages with this. also never use it.
So i only rely on ipv4 addresses.
This thread gives me a new era to learn and know about ipv6 and it's usages.
so far i try to learn but my friend says it is not so secure and easy to learn. so i change my mind.
Is this true that hacking of ipv6 IP's are easy ?
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-31-2017, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Decent12

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting