arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
Introduction
I'm not a VPS 10 Holder, however thought to check it out and provide our members with a brief overview of the VPS.  In summary it is not a bad VPS at all.  The fact that it originates from a Hetzner server impresses me for sure.  Speed and performance wise it is slightly (very slightly) better than VPS 1 with similar specs.  Difference is that according to one of our members @Khadeer143, VPS 10 can be used as a small games server however with the emphasis on small.  Another member tried VPS 10 for Teamspeak but it didn't work as smoothly and had to be dropped.  Location of VPS is Helsinki, Finland.

VPS Sponsor
Evolution Host has been providing us with two VPSs and a Virtualizor Panel for a few years, until two years ago when the Plan was reduced to one VPS (possibly due to lack of use). Evolution Host is a premium VPS Hosting provider specializing in games servers and a variety of other software.

VPS 1 Plan Specifications
vCPU: 1
Disk Space: 50 GB
RAM: 1 GB
IP Addresses: 1x IPv4 & /112 IPv6
Virtualization: KVM
Monthly Traffic: 1 TB
Control Panel: Virtualizor
Connection: 125 Mbit/s
Provided by: Evolution-Host
Terms: TOS
Games servers: OK
Requirements: Backlinks to Evolution-Host and Post4VPS are required when a Website is hosted.

Network, Performance & Reliability
For some or other reason VPS 10 has not been used that much by members of Post4VPS, particularly over the last two years it has been barely used. So there is not enough feedback really to create a justifiable review of the VPS.  However one of our Games enthusiasts at Post4VPS thought it was a great little VPS for a small Games Server and had it for a few months during 2020.  @Khadeer143as lucky in that he was able to win a free VPS from Evolution Host and since then has only had good things to say about Evolution Host's above average expertise in Games Servers.  Their support to him has been excellent.

I'm not sure whether Evolution Host still runs its special free VPS program however if members are interested you could check their Website or you could check the offer at Lowendbox:
https://lowendbox.com/blog/evolution-hos...o-qualify/

One of our members also tried VPS 10 for Teamspeak.  And that was not entirely successful.  

I didn't have time to do much with the VPS, however the little I worked with it today, compared with VPS 1 it felt slightly faster (only slightly though).  This is shown in the speed results below as well.

System Information
The System Information below was generated by the the Benchmark Test script:

wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sohamb03/bench-sh/master/bench.sh && bash bench.sh && rm -rf bench.sh

System Info
-----------
Processor       : Intel® Core™ i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
CPU Cores       : 1 @ 3599.990 MHz
Memory          : 990 MiB
Swap            : 1023 MiB
Uptime          : 19 min,

OS              : CentOS Linux 7 (Core)
Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel          : 3.10.0-1062.1.1.el7.x86_64
Hostname        : *****

Here are the speedtest results generated by the Benchmark Test:

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
---------------------
Your public IPv4 is 65.**.**.72

Location                Provider        Speed
--------                --------        -----
CDN                     Cachefly        104MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         @sohamb03       13.8MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       8.72MB/s
San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       6.80MB/s
Washington, DC, US      Leaseweb        12.1MB/s

Sao Paulo, Brazil       Softlayer       5.50MB/s

Singapore               Softlayer       6.39MB/s
Taiwan                  Hinet           5.97MB/s
Tokyo, Japan            Linode          5.07MB/s

Nuremberg, Germany      Hetzner         59.2MB/s
Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         26.8MB/s
Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        33.3MB/s
Milan, Italy            Softlayer       24.4MB/s

Sydney, AU              Future Hosting  219KB/s

Buffered Sequential Write Speed
-------------------------------
I/O (1st run)   : 410 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 817 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 636 MB/s
Average I/O     : 621 MB/s

Here is a speed test that was taken today:

[Image: 11377746431.png]

Conclusion
VPS 10 may be a good little VPS to use for a very small Games Server.  I cannot vouch for this though as Khadeer143 was the only member who has used the VPS for Games in the last three years.  Another member tried Teamspeak and it didn't work that well, so I'd say for more complicated settings, maybe this is not a good VPS to use.  I'd only use it for simple Websites.

We've been trying to ask Evolution Host for replacing the Plan with two Games Servers.  Regrettably there hasn't been a response yet, so we may try again soon.

Note of Appreciation to Sponsor
We wish to extend a special note of appreciation to Evolution Host for providing our membership with years of continued sponsorship of VPS 10.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Oh nice review mate and i really want to thank you for taking out time and posted a detailed review.

I have used VPS 10 in past and i am not sure if @deanhills remember or not but there was a serious issue with network but from review now it looks like the issue has been fixed.

Well, i won't recommend you to apply for vps 10 since i want to get it Tongue, jokes aside if you want a fast and stable vps then vps 10 is perfect choice for u
(05-06-2021, 06:52 PM)Decent12 Wrote: I have used VPS 10 in past and i am not sure if @deanhills remember or not but there was a serious issue with network but from review now it looks like the issue has been fixed.

Aha @Decent12.  Now I remember.  I think it was also at that time when we lost one of the VPSs.  Our VPS Plan said 2 in stock, but it is actually 1 only now and with a different IP than we had previously.

Hopefully you won't be disappointed this time round @Decent12 as it's a different VPS performance wise.

This explains also why earlier on I was unable to work with the e-mail address you provided.  Virtualizor has a system hickup with using a user name for a second time.  It went through when I created the account, but then when I tested it to get in, it wouldn't work.  So I changed your e-mail address so it's a unique user name.  Virtualizor was happy then.  Tongue

Would be nice if you could give VPS 10 a workout for games, and let us know in this review whether you can recommend it for small games. Your feedback will be much appreciated.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Whoa! Never know that VPS 10 RAM is now upgraded. Last time I know it's still with 512MB RAM. I don't even remember that I read the upgrade notice, huh, must be missing a lot when I'm away.

Anyway, nice review as usual. I believe you should be able to run Teamspeak easily with 1GB RAM, that time I was only with 512MB so not hoping much.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Quite a positive review for VPS 10 from Evolution Host.

In fact, although the VPS is relatively small, at least it runs with Intel i9 and is KVM based.

Look forward to seeing more members to apply for it soon and make use of its full potential for running games servers. Smile

I believe i was the guy who tried TeamSpeak3 on both VPS 1 and VPS 10 and they both had the same exact issue. The issue that i faced on both VPS 10 and VPS 1 was that the Game Server was accessible by a person if he connects to SSH. Like for suppose : Opening SSH Connection and then joining server that what fixed the issue. I'm sure it was a firewall issue at first i thought it was a firewall issue on the VPS itself, I tried every possible fix and maybe turning it off to see if it works but i had the same issue. It could be a issue from the firewall on the backend!

Coming to your review! What a quite decent review!
I have used VPS 10 for a while and for basic usage or hosting sites i would say it's perfect and it has quite decent DDOS protection too. The network speed was pretty fine though and it's kinda good to see that it's running 9900K!
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

The performance is good enough, to be honest. I especially appreciate the network and the IO test. Although the network is only 125 Mbit/s the actual speed is quite close to that which isn't the case usually. 

Barring the small RAM and single CPU core this VPS seems good enough for a small/private game server. Thanks for trying out the VPS and sharing its benchmark Dean. Smile

@deanhills ... is it HDD or SSD?
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
@Sohamb03 Its a normal HDD and i think every vps have normal HDD here in post4vps unless mentioned in post4vps specifications since i have checked the whole page and every vps with SSD or something else is mentioned other than HDD.

I have VPS 10 right now incase someone wondering how i am so sure about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Host4Fun  VPS 1 Review
05-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fChk
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt
04-28-2021, 10:44 AM
Last Post: sAmI

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting