arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lifelong Free Hosting – FREE Auto SSL – DDOS Protection – Hostpoco.com
UPDATE:After a ticket the account issue is solved and it seems to be a misunderstooding.
The response is quicker than I thought(as timezone difference exists),so I guess days before they didn't finish the preparations or something.

(03-08-2021, 05:40 AM)deanhills Wrote: @mzltest They possibly closed the account because you haven't been using it recently.  There's a rule about it if you read through the rules.  It's standard, particularly for hosts who are focused on security as an unused account is always a target for hacking.  
https://www.my.hostpoco.com/index.php?rp...o.com.html

What kind of domain did you use, as that may have been a reason too.  

It's 24 hours so far and the only responses I've received have been automated ones.  They were quality responses, however my client dashboard still says "pending".  Possibly free accounts are manually activated.  Will give it another day to see whether it happens.  Maybe activations aren't done over the weekend.
I could say I saw this within 3 days after signup as I check this daily,also note they just closed that account -- more common actions is to cancel the service but they just closed it.
Also note aol mail didn't receive any emails from them.
I used the domain ctrl-c.pw ,just bought on namecheap for 99cents.(eg. ctrl-c.pw/1 redirects to my first blog post at mzltest.3001.website).
Anyway I don't think closing the account without notice is a brillant action to reject potential customers.
@Pocomaster I'd like an explanation for this if possible.The register is Ma Zl using aol mail.
[Image: file_ScI2uYSQ7AVM.jpg]
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
Thanks for the feedback @mzltest Will be interesting to see whether this will happen to my account as well.  I've had it for one day now with service still on "pending" - no service.  Maybe they have an automatic rule that if a service is not activated or used that the account is closed automatically.

I'll give it three days and see what happens.  In the meanwhile am looking forward to feedback from @Pocomaster as well.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
UPDATE:After a ticket the account issue is solved and it seems to be a misunderstooding.
The response is quicker than I thought(as timezone difference exists),so I guess days before they didn't finish the preparations or something.

(03-08-2021, 06:06 AM)deanhills Wrote: Thanks for the feedback @mzltest Will be interesting to see whether this will happen to my account as well.  I've had it for one day now with service still on "pending" - no service.  Maybe they have an automatic rule that if a service is not activated or used that the account is closed automatically.

I'll give it three days and see what happens.  In the meanwhile am looking forward to feedback from @Pocomaster as well.

I search the member's post and it seems a probable reason is that I missed the email(however I'm not quite convinced by it.)*.However I searched my inbox and spam and there is no email from them.Just now I requested a password reset and no email received too.

*As I have used some WHCMS-based hosts:
A normal WHCMS host,if email validation is on,will display a banner at top of client area,notifying you to confirm your email and gives you a chance to resend the email.But I didn't get this.The client area,if you noticed it at signup,is accessed freely without the banner.
see also:https://docs.whmcs.com/Client_Email_Verification
Don't expect to get a reply from @Pocomaster soon as he hasn't been active since the last reply, also his last post was after 6 months so I don't expect you to get a straight answer, I also tried a free hosting account after 2 minutes I was treated like a fraudster while my hosting account was not even activated. I think this is really a sign of "You register and you get nothing. After that I was told via a ticket that I was not welcome and that he did not trust me and more such cries. don't trust a free hosting as their customer friendliness is in any case very far to be found.
(03-08-2021, 07:25 AM)Pacific Spirit Wrote: Don't expect to get a reply from @Pocomaster soon as he hasn't been active since the last reply, also his last post was after 6 months so I don't expect you to get a straight answer, I also tried a free hosting account after 2 minutes I was treated like a fraudster while my hosting account was not even activated. I think this is really a sign of "You register and you get nothing. After that I was told via a ticket that I was not welcome and that he did not trust me and more such cries. don't trust a free hosting as their customer friendliness is in any case very far to be found.
There are some good free hosting providers - but not easy to spot one.eg. the previous Gigarocket is one of a kind for me (my forum username is mazl there)- though no longer provides free hosting.Most are trials and errors.
Personally I'd suggest making a list of those "verfied"(as the name indicates,it is provided by a verified forum member),"working"(the owner is not in the forum but several members are enjoying it),"untested"(just found on the web or posted by member),"blacklisted"(any Byet alternatives*,phishing or not maintained hosts) free hosting website for members to explore or warning.

*We have to say,it provides good support via ifastnet,but the specs and actual experience is awful.
(03-08-2021, 07:25 AM)Pacific Spirit Wrote: Don't expect to get a reply from @Pocomaster soon as he hasn't been active since the last reply, also his last post was after 6 months so I don't expect you to get a straight answer, I also tried a free hosting account after 2 minutes I was treated like a fraudster while my hosting account was not even activated. I think this is really a sign of "You register and you get nothing. After that I was told via a ticket that I was not welcome and that he did not trust me and more such cries. don't trust a free hosting as their customer friendliness is in any case very far to be found.

Agreed. Particularly when a further Pocomaster promotion thread was posted, without checking on this one first. I've informed @Pocomaster that any further threads will be soft deleted until he has delivered on this one first.
Terminal
Feedback. After opening an account with Hostpoco three days ago, my client dashboard says the service is still pending. Only conclusion I can make is that Hostpoco doesn't deliver on what it says in its marketing literature.

I gave Hostpoco the benefit of the doubt by opening a support discussion in a ticket, and was then told that Hostpoco would need to see a review. But even with that discussion, I still have not received a service. My dashboard still says service is still pending. Not sure what their intentions are, however for me it shows a lack of respect for our community. They're not really sincere in delivering on their marketing message.

@Pocomaster  I am closing this discussion for now as it doesn't look as though Hostpoco is delivering on this service. If you are sincere in delivering this service, please PM me first with a step by step plan of how we will be getting the service if we applied.  We also need a time frame from you with which we will be getting the service.

Also note that we won't allow you to post any other marketing or promotion posts at post4vps until you have made good with your undertaking to provide the above free "lifelong" service first.  We need to see some sincerity as well as respect for our community to deliver what you offer to deliver.  Otherwise promotional literature like this that is not regularly attended by you is not welcome here.
Terminal
I'm re-opening this thread, as today I was totally surprised.  I did receive a free account in the end.  Possibly there has been a misunderstanding because of lack of communication details in the opening post by Masterpoco.

It is important to note Hostpoco requires a review of their service in exchange for the free service.  

In order to qualify for HostPoco's lifelong free hosting, you need to open a client account at Hostpoco first.  
https://hostpoco.com/free-hosting.php

After the application you will note that your application is "pending".  It will stay on "pending" until you have opened a ticket and requested the service in your client account.

I have learned that Hostpoco is very conservative with giving accounts.  The service doesn't come automatically.  You need to convince their client support in your request ticket of your authenticity (including submitting a TLD domain in your application) so make sure you submit a carefully worded ticket when you ask for the free service and give them a well motivated reason for needing the service.  Also assure them that you'll be posting a review at post4vps.com and will forward a link to the review via a ticket once the review has been completed by you.

Please note this account is a beginner account.  But with a difference.  You get a mini quality account with genuine cpanel.  Idea is you'll be able to start a small quality Website or blog.  And if you require more space, you can order more paid services through your client account. 

I suspect that since Hostpoco's approach is conservative and hands on with their free accounts, you will need to use the account actively and also carefully abiding by their Terms of Service (TOS).  If there is no traffic on the account and you don't use it, you may lose use of the free service.  So it's only as life long as the quality energy you put into it.

The panel that comes with this free account is a genuine cpanel. I'm planning to post a review shortly and will leave a link here once I have completed the review.
https://post4vps.com/Thread-HostPoco-Tin...e-features
Terminal
Pages (3):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting