arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free VPS from HostLease
(02-09-2020, 03:51 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: They enforce everyone to enable 2FA. Actually this 2FA thingy is just for improving your account security. So I don't think this is an issue. And I have already enabled it for my HostLease account.

Correctly! This feature is requested by 30% + of our customers. So by their request we have enabled it.
(02-10-2020, 05:15 AM)Pacific Spirit Wrote: Correctly! This feature is requested by 30% + of our customers. So by their request we have enabled it.

It's your website and you're entitled to do whatever you like with it... just don't lose sight of your user-base input. 30% sounds like a lot, but where are the rest (ie, the majority) ?... And that's NOT even the issue, I was hinting at in my previous post!

Two-factor authentication is cumbersome both for the users and for the Website admins and introducing it WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE is -and I'm sorry to say- bad planning and the beginning of a lot of hassle on both sides of the equation.

Just to mention my side of the story (may be it will be of benefit to you as a feedback) and why I did log out right away when I was compelled to do the verification, is that the way you implemented it doesn't work for me (and may be others, who knows?!..)

Never target a specific audience and assume that everybody else will follow suite, we're far too diverse and with too many biases.

The way I would have implemented it is either make it optional with an opt-in check box for those seeking it (those 30%) OR make it a requirement (as you did) BUT versatile; meaning providing at least 2 verification methods to get everybody on board... Among them (hopefully), a second (verification) e-mail address, this one should especially work with the old-timers like us :-)

Anyway, those are just my inputs to you @Pacific Spirit, may be they will help you rethink that process. For me, for as long as there is no other way to get in that client area, your VPSes are unfortunately off-the-table.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(02-12-2020, 06:00 AM)fChk Wrote: It's your website and you're entitled to do whatever you like with it... just don't lose sight of your user-base input. 30% sounds like a lot, but where are the rest (ie, the majority) ?... And that's NOT even the issue, I was hinting at in my previous post!

Two-factor authentication is cumbersome both for the users and for the Website admins and introducing it WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE is -and I'm sorry to say- bad planning and the beginning of a lot of hassle on both sides of the equation.

Just to mention my side of the story (may be it will be of benefit to you as a feedback) and why I did log out right away when I was compelled to do the verification, is that the way you implemented it doesn't work for me (and may be others, who knows?!..)

Never target a specific audience and assume that everybody else will follow suite, we're far too diverse and with too many biases.

The way I would have implemented it is either make it optional with an opt-in check box for those seeking it (those 30%) OR make it a requirement (as you did) BUT versatile; meaning providing at least 2 verification methods to get everybody on board... Among them (hopefully), a second (verification) e-mail address, this one should especially work with the old-timers like us :-)

Anyway, those are just my inputs to you @Pacific Spirit, may be they will help you rethink that process. For me, for as long as there is no other way to get in that client area, your VPSes are unfortunately off-the-table.

Well Yes if you count 30% on the based 13,000+ customers, that is indeed a lot. Customers can send us a feedback with a suggestion that we then take with us, when we send the same request, we add it up. And research has shown that 98% of our customers thought this was a good idea. Secondly, this is announced in our Announcement Center. The only one you are currently referring to is a free VPS. But because we have problems with the Virtualizor we cannot offer VPS at the moment, at most we can create accounts for our customers but the VPS is just not available at the moment, I hope that virtualizor makes a little speed in the hope that I will end this week this can offer to the customers. We don't just add everything because we want to. We had problems for a while with someone who tried to steal the customer's data, luckily we did not succeed and also purely to guarantee the safety of our customers, we took concrete steps with great thanks to our customers who came up with this idea . I hope you realize that the internet becomes more dangerous with an hour. Our priority is safety.

- To refresh your knowledge of safety -
1- If someone has access to your account, he / she can in principle do anything with your account that is contrary to our rules and change everything, so then you have lost everything yourself!
2- With a Two-Factor the person must have a code that you are the only one with, and if he / she does not have that code, he cannot log in with your data, he may have it but your account is still 100% secure.

I hope you realize that! Others will certainly agree with me in this answer. Switch it on and view the newsreader in our customer panel. Because what would you still like to do if your account were hacked? We can no longer restore it and you have lost your services and I assume you do not want that.

There is also a tutorial and they lead you in this. So it shows clearly how to use.
The VPS issue is 100% solved! You can all get a free VPS. The previous holders have first priority. Let me know anything
I get the difference in information!

On your Discord server, I only need to log in to your Discord server !

But in this thread I also need to register in your forum ?

Oh yes, because this is OVZ, the VPS can be suspended if you have excessive Usage !?
Terminal
Solo Developer
(02-17-2020, 12:53 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: I get the difference in information!

On your Discord server, I only need to log in to your Discord server !

But in this thread I also need to register in your forum ?

Oh yes, because this is OVZ, the VPS can be suspended if you have excessive Usage !?

I guess you can fill this question self. If any suspiculous happend then we suspend it ofc. if reasonble.
Glad to see another community where we all can share our experiences and acquire knowledge about different things. Not just free knowledge we can apply for VPS for free which we can use for any of our projects. I'm glad Hostlease supporting many people in many ways (included me). I can't remember the forum name but there was a forum on same concept Post-4-Host Or similar, When you post they'll reward you points which you can use for to get VPS, Later they changed to paid service. And i'm glad Post4VPS providing free VPS with the help of our sponsors since 2015.

I'll definitely gonna try Plan VPS-0 because it just need 5 posts and specifications are enough for me to test and learn more about server management. I can't even give time to Post4VPS that's why i didn't even have VPS from here, But 5 posts we all can do it. Goodluck everyone!!!
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

I already got VPS-1, and it's rather difficult to customize the VPS that I get!
And this VPS is very fast and quite reliable!

The problem that I get when using this VPS is the difficulty of monitoring this VPS will Overload! So after using it I turned off this VPS!

Thank you, Jordy!
Terminal
Solo Developer
(02-17-2020, 03:11 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: I already got VPS-1, and it's rather difficult to customize the VPS that I get!
And this VPS is very fast and quite reliable!

The problem that I get when using this VPS is the difficulty of monitoring this VPS will Overload! So after using it I turned off this VPS!

Thank you, Jordy!

The begin was a bit heavy with the usage of the first couple of RAM, but now you have more RAM so all heavy actions are also over now so yeah, you're ready to go Smile Your VPS is online now.
Glad you are back with the VPS. What happened to the old forum?
Is there any backup or lost those data? For those people who were registered earlier may feel some insecurity regarding the website as they are seeing a new script installed. It will be amazing if you're able to keep the website in another server which is not your giveaway pool.

Thank you  Sweet

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-31-2020, 04:41 PM
Last Post: TimeRider

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting