arrow_upward

Pages (18): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(02-17-2018, 03:32 AM)Kururin Wrote: Just to ask, Do you really have to follow that sanction? Like is the govt going to come after you something if you don't?

I don't know what the US government would do in such a case. FVPS is probably a small light and doesn't attract such attention, yet. We've never had any authority contact us so far. That's good though.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Well it's not like US government waiting to catch every Iranian who tries to get a hosting account from a US company but if they find out it would kinda become a minor issue for hosting company. But just nobody want to try and see what happens. Anyway for Iranian there are plenty of ways to get a server from US or Canadian or EU company. Just have to think smart a bit. There are always back doors and loopholes.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Maybe US goverment will not really care about it, because of FVPS as HR said is a light and small group of people. But the issue as @xdude said is, when you give vps and broke the sanction, maybe it's a bad reputaion it self for FVPS.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Remember Freevps.us is not the only party involved here. There is the sponsor. That will be the one who get all the heat since technically it will be their server. Freevps.us just the broker between provider and user. So those sponsors would never agree for something like that. But again people always find ways like using VPN or asking a friend to do it for them self. As long as they stay under the rader without doing anything stupid they survive.

(02-23-2018, 06:01 AM)xdude Wrote: Remember Freevps.us is not the only party involved here. There is the sponsor. That will be the one who get all the heat since technically it will be their server. Freevps.us just the broker between provider and user. So those sponsors would never agree for something like that. But again people always find ways like using VPN or asking a friend to do it for them self. As long as they stay under the rader without doing anything stupid they survive.

I mean not all hosting providers follow sanctions. You can always ask them if they do so. Also, I don't think there's shortage of VPS or servers even if there's a sanction. People's going to find a way or another
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(02-24-2018, 09:09 PM)Kururin Wrote: I mean not all hosting providers follow sanctions. You can always ask them if they do so. Also, I don't think there's shortage of VPS or servers even if there's a sanction. People's going to find a way or another

Most of the FreeVPS.us sponsors have the dedicated servers in USA, so probably they must follow them.
(02-24-2018, 09:09 PM)Kururin Wrote: I mean not all hosting providers follow sanctions. You can always ask them if they do so. Also, I don't think there's shortage of VPS or servers even if there's a sanction. People's going to find a way or another

If they have a registered business at USA or they are using US Data Centers for hosting then they have no choice but following US trade rules. Not All web hosting providers have bothers to find out. But all well established providers do. That's why said there are other ways. There are providers who use BitCoins, there are hosting providers who has servers in other places than US or Canada etc.

But OP wanted a free vps and this is the problem.

(02-24-2018, 11:13 PM)Lampard Wrote: Most of the FreeVPS.us sponsors have the dedicated servers in USA, so probably they must follow them.

Perhaps the admins of FreeVPS could allow non-US users to apply for VPSes from a few sponsors that do not need to follow sanction rules.

But it might need the admins to differentiate those sponsors from the rest and check against the legal terms. It will increase their workload and that should be why they do not want to do so.

(02-25-2018, 05:42 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Perhaps the admins of FreeVPS could allow non-US users to apply for VPSes from a few sponsors that do not need to follow sanction rules.

But it might need the admins to differentiate those sponsors from the rest and check against the legal terms. It will increase their workload and that should be why they do not want to do so.

What left of freevps.us sponsors are US businesses. Also data centers are either in US or EU. So it won't happened. Plus Admins can't do anything but those fundamental rules placed of it's creators. But here at Post4vps, VPS1 is sponsored by Host4Fun so there might be a chance. But again I don't think sponsor will bother to take the risk if data center is in USA.

(02-25-2018, 01:00 PM)xdude Wrote: What left of freevps.us sponsors are US businesses. Also data centers are either in US or EU. So it won't happened. Plus Admins can't do anything but those fundamental rules placed of it's creators. But here at Post4vps, VPS1 is sponsored by Host4Fun so there might be a chance. But again I don't think sponsor will bother to take the risk if data center is in USA.

Its always better to stay at a safe side. Even Host4Fun wouldn't allow that since i think that they have datacenter in USA too.
Pages (18): Jump to page 
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting