arrow_upward

Pages (4):
Google or FB Review as the Link requirement
I already have created a post about Supporting Sponsors but I thought creating this topic as a suggestion because of recent developments at Post4VPS. My suggestion is to Make Google Review or Facebook Review a requirement for having a VPS here. Especially for those who unable to provide a proper link-back. But I think it should go for all VPS holders.

There are practical limitations and downsides of this link back rule. These links won't have any value unless it's from a site which regularly updated. Random links don't help sites anymore. So this kind of links won't help sponsor much anyway. It's a headache for VPS holders too if the person doesn't have a website. Also if you can't provide a link then the sponsor gets very little in return for what he gives us.

Personally I think Google Reviews or Facebook Reviews are the best solutions for this. We all use either of these services or both. So it's quite easy to do it. These ratings and reviews are very valuable for providers, So much more than a back-link. New providers will able to build-up real testimonials and reviews this way which would increase their reputation and development of the brand name.

This is not something hard for VPS holders either. All you have to do is use the server for a month or so then write a positive review at Google or Facebook or both. These product reviews would give our sponsors more value than anything we offer right now.

I know none of us to want to do extra work but I think sponsors deserve it. Also, this might help us to attract more sponsors too. After all, they would get genuine product reviews from real people who use their service.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

@xdude
very good idea. but the thing is, how do they keep it under control. I mean worthless reviews is seriously bad English or say three word review. quality control is very essential here.

that will only add to the problems. I know of people who post reviews on their own. they try to write to the best of their abilities. May not be great, but that wish to be clear and effective, that has to show in the writing.

Making it mandatory is only going to make it worse.

People don't realise that how costly it is to sponsor a single good spec vps. so i expect this thankfulness to come on its own. i making it mandatory may not be the solution...
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
@rudra

Well if people can write a detailed review here I don't see a smaller one there would be a problem. Plus these reviews don't have to be technical. Specs, benchmarks, or such things are not needed. All you need to do is just tell how is your experience and Do you like it or not. Basically a few lines would be more than enough. If people can write down something in same level they do here then it would be all fine. All need to be done is give a 5-star rating and a few sentences something positive about the provider.

I think this is a lot better for both parties than the current backlink rule. Holder doesn't have to go into all the trouble for making a website or doing backlinks and provider would get much needed real-time rating in an important site like Google or Facebook. It's a quite win-win situation.

We have to remember sponsors don't this as charity work. They do expect a worthy return for their investment. I don't think been thankful or grateful would be considered a good return for their investment. Realizing how costly these sponsorships is not enough. It won't do any good for the sponsors. What we offer right now is not exactly much. I'm glad even we are left with this many sponsors. We don't want a repeat of what happened to VPS17 and VPS18.

@xdude

What you are proposing is a good thing. I agree..

It is true that they dont need to write a novel there. Just few clear lines and a good rating. But then I wonder if this will become a system to earn 5 star rating. Also after you are done rating a host once, what are you to do for the next month and the next ?

Or do they just take it away from you and and give it to someone else for another rating.

What if you are angry now and do a negative rating from another account.

What I am saying is that is a can of worms that we probably do not want to open... both for ourselves and the hosts..

I do understand where you are coming from. You do not want shadow hosting to go away as well and so you want to give something more. It is a fine thought and ..

being totally aware that I am neither a staff or have any official voice on this, but still i would suggest that you do your good work and let the staff know. I am sure that might go a long way to showing that you are sincere and doing your best to give something in return...

BUt imposing such a requirement is ..probably not going to go down well...
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Excellent suggestion @xdude and thx for your valuable feedback @rudra. I wonder whether like in Facebook someone with good skill writing capabilities can place a review, and then we could ask members here to respond to the review? Just using the thumbs up "like" sign button would already be good without needing to write anything. Basically I agree with @rudra that we need to make sure that if we go the review route, that the lengthier reviews are well written. A badly written review can do more harm than good. So possibly not all members would be up to it. Maybe we could provide the review route as an option or give some credit to it that would motivate members who are capable of writing good reviews to post quality reviews.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
great suggestion, its good to see members really have gratitude for the sponsors but i think it is not a good idea to use social medias such as facebook or google reviews.
why? because less people are using it and it will be better if the reviews will be in more popular places to make the review. i will put myself as an example. i never had facebook and i never will and i dont believe people will create facebook account just for the review. about google review i really dont know how to use it or have any info about that so i cant say if its good or not but i think also google reviews are being less used like facebook
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
(08-26-2020, 04:54 AM)deanhills Wrote: ......I wonder whether like in Facebook someone with good skill writing capabilities can place a review, and then we could ask members here to respond to the review? Just using the thumbs up "like" sign button would already be good without needing to write anything......

Great suggestion! I like your idea very much. It will be a good balance for all kinds of forum members if it is properly implemented.

Just want to add that I do not want to limit to websites such as Facebook or Google. In fact, I am trying my best to stop me from using Facebook and Google services because I do not like their monopoly....... Hope you guys can understand too. Smile

@xdude Really good idea in terms of adding a value to the sponsorship requirements but again I'm in agreement with @rudra. Reviews in poor English wouldn't be a great help to the sponsor.

Hence, it could be made an optional requirement. Those who would like to add the backlink on their website could do, and others who don't host a website could write a FB or Google review.

But again, qualify assurance is mandatory in such situations and VPS holders have to be strictly instructed to write a good review in case they decide to write on such a diverse platform.

Personally, I've no issues with making a post about the sponsor on social media and +1 from me for this idea.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(08-27-2020, 09:41 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Great suggestion! I like your idea very much. It will be a good balance for all kinds of forum members if it is properly implemented.  

Just want to add that I do not want to limit to websites such as Facebook or Google. In fact, I am trying my best to stop me from using  Facebook and Google services because I do not like their monopoly....... Hope you guys can understand too.  Smile

Haha .... @tryp4vps I feel exactly the same about the two - maybe we should opt for more technical groups like Quora instead. At Gigarocket our owner has member registration enabled through Facebook, and you can't imagine the bot sign ups we're getting via that route. It's the Wild West there. But at the same time, even though I see it as evil, there are parts of Facebook that work very well. Like in the community I live in, they don't use Websites for their businesses, but mostly Facebook pages through Groups. It's a community thing. If you want to do business with others you need to be active in Facebook and join quite a number of groups. Fortunately the groups are closed groups and well administrated. You can't imagine how skilled these guys are at using every possible design option that Facebook has. For me Google is evil. But somehow they have tools that work. But yes, maybe we need to be selective where the reviews are posted.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@rudra

I hear you. Well, let me explain each of your points.

Quote:Also after you are done rating a host once, what are you to do for the next month and the next?

You don't do anything once you are done with the review. That's it. It's the same as back-links. You don't do think every month once you add the link, do you?

Quote:But then I wonder if this will become a system to earn 5-star rating

Yes, it will be. But in a legit way. You get a VPS and you use it for a month. Then you write a review about it. That's pretty much testimonial is about. New providers need these since they won't get any at begin of their business. Even for a seasoned provider, these are quite valuable. This is a very legit way to do it rather than buying fake reviews. If you request another VPS later then you write one about that too. Just because you get a different VPS won't change your previous experience, will it?

Quote:What if you are angry now and do a negative rating from another account.

Let's face it. This can happen even without having this rule. Anyone can go and rant about what want and nothing can be done with it. That's life. But I haven't seen something like that happen here. I haven't seen anyone rant about a sponsor even after getting a suspension. Because usually, these happen because something member had done knowingly or unknowingly.

Quote:What I am saying is that is a can of worms that we probably do not want to open... both for ourselves and the hosts..

Not really. This is something already out there. We do it or don't still it will be out there. The point is it will help these providers more than what we offer here. We can just ask sponsors if they want it or not. if someone doesn't want we can skip. I highly double anyone would.

Quote:I do understand where you are coming from. You do not want shadow hosting to go away as well
Actually no. That's not the reason. I do have my paid servers. I can move everything in within an hour of notice to those. It's not like this is my lifeline or anyone. My concern is 2 fold. What we offer them as benefits are kinda totally outdated package. I know this practice since my work is related to it. and I truly want to find a way to give something sponsors. The second reason is sponsors have slowly started understanding it and this has happened for a while now. Hostlease has told this point-blank.  no need to beat around the bush it. Sponsors are not here just for charity. They expect something in return. This is why I opened my previous topic about How to Support Sponsors. Everyone agreed with me but we didn't get any practical suggestions there. and It's no point closing door after the horse has left the stable.

@deanhills

I understand the concern about English and writing. I think @rudra did voice this too. But the beauty of this is it's really not a big deal. If someone can write a few senses in the level of English we have in this forum then it's more than enough. Actually I would encourage them to get few of these in their local languages. For example, @Manal is from India. He uses a data center in Pune too, I think. So if any Indian look for hosting from India and if they search Google local search, Those reviews written in Hindi would be a good boost. Remember product reviews are not all about SEO. it's more about advertising. If you guys still worry then members can post review first in our private support forum.

About reviewing in other sites. Well, it's good. But here I'm talking about Google and Facebook Product Reviews. These are the 2 sites where you get most of the traffic today. Even just a 5-star rating in one of these sites are more important than long quora of reviews. I don't like their monopoly but this is how it works. This is all about trying to give the best for sponsors rather than going against the trends. I like Quora too as the third option but, I don't want to mess with them.

Pages (4):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-05-2020, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt
07-31-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: tryp4vps
07-29-2019, 09:42 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting