arrow_upward

Google or FB Review as the Link requirement
@xdude

I think I like your points. It is true that I was thinking about giving something more personally too. I also want to write more on other hosting sites too. But I wanted to and still keep them personal.I am thankful to Post4VPS , Dynamo, Deanhills , Shadow Hosting, Manal and staffs . So It was bugging me that I should not sit still just because I am not being forced to contribute more. So I am and will keep doing what I do.

But I must say that I didnt think about proposing such a change here. BUt Now that i think about it. You have good points. It is doable and should be done.

So I think it is a good idea.

Though I would like to request Hidden Refuse to say what he thinks on this. He always seems to have very good points on things.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(08-29-2020, 06:38 AM)xdude Wrote: @deanhills

I understand the concern about English and writing. I think @rudra did voice this too. But the beauty of this is it's really not a big deal. If someone can write a few senses in the level of English we have in this forum then it's more than enough. Actually I would encourage them to get few of these in their local languages. For example, @Manal is from India. He uses a data center in Pune too, I think. So if any Indian look for hosting from India and if they search Google local search, Those reviews written in Hindi would be a good boost. Remember product reviews are not all about SEO. it's more about advertising. If you guys still worry then members can post review first in our private support forum.

About reviewing in other sites. Well, it's good. But here I'm talking about Google and Facebook Product Reviews. These are the 2 sites where you get most of the traffic today. Even just a 5-star rating in one of these sites are more important than long quora of reviews. I don't like their monopoly but this is how it works. This is all about trying to give the best for sponsors rather than going against the trends. I like Quora too as the third option but, I don't want to mess with them.

Agreed @xdude. Localisation is very important in this case. Well, as you gave Manal's example and myself being an Indian too, I totally support this idea. I've a friend who is a bot developer, he needed to buy a VPS for hosting his bot. I told him that he can get such VPSes for quite cheap especially because his bot is only for a private server. Now why I'm saying all of this is - his Dad isn't convinced of the other providers. That is unless he finds a good review of that host in his regional language he won't risk his card there. And so my friend had a hard time getting the VPS. IIRC they settled with HostNamaste at insanely expensive price.

+1 from me for a review in regional language. And since it's Google and Facebook review it'll trigger a large audience, and I'm willing to contribute too if this is approved. Smile (No comments about the monopoly part Tongue)
(08-29-2020, 07:48 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: +1 from me for a review in regional language. And since it's Google and Facebook review it'll trigger a large audience, and I'm willing to contribute too if this is approved. Smile (No comments about the monopoly part Tongue)
@xdude I'm just wondering here though.  The Forum language is English.  If the review were in a regional language, wouldn't there be the expectation of the Forum to serve the regional language too?  @Manal English is above average excellent.  I have the feeling that those capable of writing quality reviews would be able to do that better in English as that is the tech language they are used to - we get most of the info in English.  Those who are lazy or we are used to getting one-liner posts or not so easy to understand content may present low quality reviews in their native language which may be difficult to control and moderate.  And do more harm than good.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@deanhills

Well, These reviews are not related to the forum language or forum directly. What we try here is to give bigger exposure for sponsors in the 2 biggest traffic sources out there. If you are looking from a marketing side, it's we try tapping into a customer base that doesn't use English or not comfortable with English. Yes, the majority of these product reviews will be in English since it's quite easy. But having a few reviews those local languages would boost the overall credibility as well the attention of none English speaking customers. Remember these are not technical reviews but just customers' views of the service. All you need is something like " I use ABC hosting service and so far having a great experience. Servers are fast and support is great. Can't expect anymore more than this. ". This is more than enough as a review along with 5-star rating. Plus reviews from different languages give a vibe this service has been used to people from different countries without a problem. I think that also a boost for their brand.

@rudra

You are right. I think every holder should try to give whatever than can personally, apart from this. Someone who's a Twitter user can do Tweets etc. But you have to be careful with some sites like Reddit and Quora. Shouldn't touch reddit at all and only skilled writers like your self should make reviews at Quora. Rest can just Like the post give a positive comment about each person's experience. Too many posts about same the service would make it look like spam.

It would be even better if we can open discussion about sponsors, members, and staff for finding better ways to help sponsors get better returns. But I don't know it would work since most of the sponsors are not so active in the forum. Maybe the Staff can reach them and get their insight about what do they expect.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(08-29-2020, 03:58 PM)deanhills Wrote: @xdude I'm just wondering here though.  The Forum language is English.  If the review were in a regional language, wouldn't there be the expectation of the Forum to serve the regional language too?  @Manal English is above average excellent.  I have the feeling that those capable of writing quality reviews would be able to do that better in English as that is the tech language they are used to - we get most of the info in English.  Those who are lazy or we are used to getting one-liner posts or not so easy to understand content may present low quality reviews in their native language which may be difficult to control and moderate.  And do more harm than good.

English doesn't matter. As long as the review is written by the server owner and is honest, it's good. Once someone else writes for them, it feels and looks sketchy. Shadow Hosting is based on truth.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
@xdude
Thanks.. that is a very good point there. Too many repeated or similar posts on quora will probably smell fishy... exactly what i thought.

Also they do have sponsored content for advertisement ..to monetize. i thought too many might get flagged. so i stagger them. did two so far.

by the way, why not touch Reddit ? I smell a story there.. please share if possible.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(08-29-2020, 04:40 PM)xdude Wrote: @deanhills

Well, These reviews are not related to the forum language or forum directly. What we try here is to give bigger exposure for sponsors in the 2 biggest traffic sources out there. If you are looking from a marketing side, it's we try tapping into a customer base that doesn't use English or not comfortable with English. Yes, the majority of these product reviews will be in English since it's quite easy. But having a few reviews those local languages would boost the overall credibility as well the attention of none English speaking customers. Remember these are not technical reviews but just customers' views of the service. All you need is something like " I use ABC hosting service and so far having a great experience. Servers are fast and support is great. Can't expect anymore more than this. ". This is more than enough as a review along with 5-star rating. Plus reviews from different languages give a vibe this service has been used to people from different countries without a problem. I think that also a boost for their brand.

OK get it @xdude Smile  Thanks for explaining it.  You guys are saying that even members like you who have the ability of contributing quality reviews in English could do this in your own language when the platform you are providing it to is served by a local language - it would blend in much better and provide an opportunity for a review and wider coverage.  Makes good sense and sounds like a great idea.

Also thanks for your feedback @Manal.  Get it that for you too it doesn't matter whether the quality review is in English or a local language.  it's the coverage that matters.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(08-29-2020, 04:40 PM)xdude Wrote: ...... I think every holder should try to give whatever than can personally, apart from this. Someone who's a Twitter user can do Tweets etc. But you have to be careful with some sites like Reddit and Quora.....

In this case I also think that Twitter is more suitable than Reddit or Quora.

And in my opinion Twitter is just as powerful as Facebook. Local languages can be used on Twitter too. So for those who don't like using Facebook, Twitter should be a better choice for them. Smile

(08-31-2020, 10:50 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: In this case I also think that Twitter is more suitable than Reddit or Quora.

And in my opinion Twitter is just as powerful as Facebook. Local languages can be used on Twitter too. So for those who don't like using Facebook, Twitter should be a better choice for them. Smile
Well agreed Twitter is quite a powerful platform where you can attract a lot of viewers. But so is Quora, myself being a user, I can say that it is an equally competent platform for such promotion.

Just a suggestion, instead of debating over which platform to choose, why not leave it on the users? Like make a "review on any social media platform" a general requirement, and users can do their part on the platform they are most active. I guess that'd be fair for both the sponsor and the VPS holder instead of specifying a particular platform for the person to post (where he may not be active at all for instance).
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
@tryp4vps @sohamb03

Sorry guys Twitter has no use in this particular case. You can use Twitter has something additional to this. We use the Product rating option of Google and Facebook. The review is part of that. Twitter doesn't have this option. Also, it's built for something different. Tweets are like short term announcements. Unless it's something that will go viral like crazy it just dies without reaching anyone or anywhere. Unless you guys have Twitter accounts that have 1000's of followers who are crazy about buying web hosting these won't become viral. Even if you guys have still these Tweets won't last long. We are talking about Product Ratings and these things need to last long.

@rudra

You can make a review at Reddit (Not a product rating like we talking here) but that place is kinda unique. Either then will brand the post as SPAM and shameless promotion or everyone start posting their own favorite Hosting provider in your post so after a few days, they even forget whats main post is about.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-05-2020, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt
07-31-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: tryp4vps
07-29-2019, 09:42 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting