arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headphones and HandsFree
For a long time, I used these low-price headsets of A4Tech, Logitech, and Genius bands. These cost around 5 USD and the sound quality's very good. These would last a year or 2 before those wires wear out or get broken. Last year I was surprised to found out there is not a single branded headset for less than 20 USD. Those I used to buy for 5 USD have gone up to 15-20 USD. I didn't expect that kind of price hike. Plus I never had much success with those unbranded headsets. Either those were not steady products or sound quality is a lot below avarage.

SO what Headsets do you guys use for Desktop /Laptops and their prices?

Also, I like to hear about which types of Handfree sets are you guys using and prices.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

As with everything these days headphones are expensive as hell. I currently use AirPods Pro but back then when I didn't have much money I used to use this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J49J1C4 (Panasonic Ergofit In-Ear Earbud Headphones) which served me well and was cheap. I also have used https://www.ebay.com/itm/301141001005 (PlayStation Vita In-ear Headset) but it has gone up really in price, but its really good quality. If you want a good headphone I would suggest going pro and bluetooth (unless you care about music quality where lined is best)
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
If you really ask for truth then always go for wired headphones or headsets.
because i waste alot of money to buy better to best wireless audio devices. e.g. airdot, airpods, TWS, samsung, huawei, Realme etc...
a major problem is your one side is dead suddenly. after a few months. unrepairable. cost is too much high. now all set is wasted.
ASUS, SONY, Altec lansing, Bose, are the sold brands and never let you down in performance and voice quality. specially with eco and noice cancelation option.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
I just don't understand why prices went up like 4-5 fold. Of course, prices going up for everything but this is a little too much. Branded products are probably the only way to get something really good but these have become really expensive. Plus It's hard to trust those sellers in eBay and Aliexpiress who offer these branded headsets or handsfree.

I do use wired headsets but these tend to get damaged easily. I do like Bluetooth or Wireless headsets for phones because they would be better for the phones. But yes these also have their own problems. Sad

(06-23-2021, 07:19 AM)xdude Wrote: I just don't understand why prices went up like 4-5 fold. Of course, prices going up for everything but this is a little too much.....

I guess the price hike should be related to the increase in shipping costs during this COVID-19 era.

Global shipping containers are almost fully filled up by urgent daily goods. So, not much rooms for those non-urgent goods such as headsets. Smile

(06-23-2021, 07:19 AM)xdude Wrote: I just don't understand why prices went up like 4-5 fold. Of course, prices going up for everything but this is a little too much.  Branded products are probably the only way to get something really good but these have become really expensive. Plus It's hard to trust those sellers in eBay and Aliexpiress who offer these branded headsets or handsfree.

I do use wired headsets but these tend to get damaged easily. I do like Bluetooth or Wireless headsets for phones because they would be better for the phones. But yes these also have their own problems. Sad

If the story is just end with high price will still acceptable. but now branded companies made a high rated disposable things. which is just lost of money. 

you cant image i buy a average BT handsfree in 2500 bugs. and it's ran about 4 to 5 months. so i thought it has poor in quality and go for samsung airdots and bought it in 15000 bugs. and they works in 6 to 7 months. one will works and one was dead. horrible dead. 
now you never got battery in open market to replace it. no repair. just disposable.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(06-23-2021, 09:16 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: I guess the price hike should be related to the increase in shipping costs during this COVID-19 era.

Global shipping containers are almost fully filled up by urgent daily goods. So, not much rooms for those non-urgent goods such as headsets. Smile

I noticed this in August 2019. I'm sure it's started even before then since I hadn't been shopping for these for more than a year. I hate ordering these online because you have no idea about the sound quality when you do that and if the quality is bad you stuck with it or if the set is damaged then the return process is another pain. That's even if I order online from a local shop.

For personal use, I have bought a redGear USB headset. So I don't have to use my mobo sound driver and it has it own sound driver. This headset costs me about 1800 Rs or 25$. But it has the nice build quality and I am really ok with it.
I have also bought some 10$ headset that worked with mobile and pc but requires an adapter. Well, they are good but for personal use, it's always better to use a good quality headset.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
I am an Apple Fanboy true and true... I have a pair of AirPod Pros that I use for my handsfree and gym set, they have great audio quality especially with Spacial Audio and Apple bringing lossless audio to the iPhone. While I am working I have a pair of Space Grey AirPod Max, the audio quality is wonderful to say the least. Before these I had a pair of Sony WH-CH510 and they were pretty solid for their price point. I like that with both sets of AirPods they sync with all of my devices from my AppleWatch to my MacBook Pro and the audio hands off to each device when it needs to.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
I use Anker Soundcore Liberty Neo as my main headphones and handsfree audio device with my smartphone and tablet. I bought them for around 35 € some long time ago (I don't even remember but I think it was somewhere in 2020). They're absolutely OK for their price. Sound great and work great so far. Never used them so long that they'd ran out of battery. Even after listening to music for a few hours. I only don't like how much they stand out as this negative thing makes lying on the side hard or impossible because you will get the headphones rammed into your ears and it will hurt. That is so far the only downside.

I rarely use headphones when using a notebook or computer. However I have a headphones with BT for such cases that also have handsfree abilities. I have use Sony MDR-XZ330BT for such cases. Funny thing I bought them for the same price as my Soundcore Liberty Neo. It was on sale in a local discount market (ALDI) for 35 €. I don't use them much though however reviews on severals sites suggest that they're actually a top notch product for such a price. During the sale they've been more expensive on online shops.

Somewhere in the basement I have a Sharkoon wired headset. Not a gaming headset though. It's a normal headset overall with 3.5" connectors. I bought it to use while playing with friends in online games but barely used it at all and stored it away. I cannot find them listed on the Sharkoon webpage or Amazon anymore. They were not expensive though. I think less than 30 €.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting