arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How games changed my life
So i will to discuss with you guys about games and it may affect our life in a bad way such as addict and focus issues etc

so i will like to talk about my personnel experience so i started to play games at 10 or 12 i don't really remember and I didn't stop because i 
haven't some friends to play with or to do things in free time or even sports. so games were my only thing to have fun and even it helped me
learn English and have a good accent chatting with virtual friends, but after years i wasn't good at schools my marks are bad, i have fights with
others, i use to power to control people, etc so I wasn't got that good behavior and i missed a lot about life, anyway at 17 i joined a club to start
an associative life, and with time i changed i learn many things such as leadership and communication managing taking responsibility like leading project with 200 persons anyway i even play games at that time, but this year i decided to quit it for my studies and for my future because games ain't helping me or improving me, so and with time i become a better person I got good marks and thanks to god. so to concluded and why i have written all this i want your opinion about games and your experience with it.
Watch this beauty till the end..

Moved this discussion from Off-topic to Games Forum. Discussion should be on how Games affected your life and how it changed it, both for the good or for the bad.

Please don't make spam posts. One-liners and posts that don't contribute to the discussion will be removed.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Well thats true playing games for long hours is really bad you will lose focus on studies,your mind don't respond on time she you want ,you will be lazy and dull even thought I suggest to play games for 1 hour or 45 min and again focus on studies or work so that your mind will rework again like normal
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

(04-06-2020, 03:05 AM)Khadeer143 Wrote: Well thats true playing games for long hours is really bad you will lose focus on studies,your mind don't respond on time she you want ,you will be lazy and dull even thought I suggest to play games for 1 hour or 45 min and again focus on studies or work so that your mind will rework again like normal
Yeah everything you do if you can't control it become an addict so for me i think the pure solutio n is to quit or to balance your activities and make a plans with objectives thats would be useful a lot. And sport is the key of success going to gym gain some muscle gives you good energy.
Watch this beauty till the end..

In my case, games have changed my life both in the negative aspect of things, and the positive aspect of things.

How? You may ask.

Well, let me list some of the negatives:

1) It has distracted me on several occasions from doing tasks (such as studying) which are much more important than playing games.

2) It has wasted precious time which I should’ve used on something else much more productive.

3) It is a very costly hobby considering the outrageous prices you have to pay for hardware along with the insane prices you need to pay to buy the licenses of the games. It’s an endless loop of spending.

However, it also had its positives:

1) It developed my reaction time and actually helped me improve it.

2) It developed my critical thinking skills... making it much easier to “think out of the box”.

3) It’s just a great way to relax and have a bit of fun at the end of a very stressful period of time (e.g. once you’re done with exams). It’s almost as if you’re rewarding yourself.

To conclude, games could be completely taken advantage off provided that you take extra care and do you best into avoiding its negatives.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
I agree with you Melvin, games make you isolated from the real world.
You dont go and meet some friends and go out with them so this will lead to some bad behavior
I was like you last year, my day was like
Wake up -> start the game -> eat -> sleep
And i suddenly found my friends wants to go out and they were insisting to go out with me.
I went with them to the cinema and after that we ate.
It was a great day, i knew the importance of the real world this time.
And now we are going out together from time to time (except corona time ofc xd)
Games both gave me a new view to the world and also changed in some bad way I would say, years ago I was obsessed by this game called WoW(World of Warcraft) I was playing close to 4-5 hours when I was studying and 9-10 in the holidays and sometimes I would spend a whole day 24 HOURS playing it without even noticing and that firstly affected my eyesight which till now is so bad that I can see very well at night time and in my studies, I wasn't doing my homework and getting bad marks, but wouldn't blame it totally to gaming. other games that I was also addicted to were SA:MP, Metal Gear Solid V and GTA V, I spent countless hours and money on them, yupp :/
I would say that games are not worth that much time , but having every now and then isn't a bad thing, especially now with the quarantine and the Coronavirus in the world many people are returning to games that they used to play including me Tongue Tongue , I'm back to playing SA:MP me and my GF
There is also a positive side to gaming which for was that it got me in the technology world and got me started with programming and now I'm studying to get a degree as Software Engineer, all because of gaming so guess games are both good and bad, it depends on how you use them to benefit from them or using them so they can benefit from you.
(04-05-2020, 10:56 PM)Melvin Wrote: So i will to discuss with you guys about games and it may affect our life in a bad way such as addict and focus issues etc

so i will like to talk about my personnel experience so i started to play games at 10 or 12 i don't really remember and I didn't stop because i 
haven't some friends to play with or to do things in free time or even sports. so games were my only thing to have fun and even it helped me
learn English and have a good accent chatting with virtual friends, but after years i wasn't good at schools my marks are bad, i have fights with
others, i use to power to control people, etc so I wasn't got that good behavior and i missed a lot about life, anyway at 17 i joined a club to start
an associative life, and with time i changed i learn many things such as leadership and communication managing taking responsibility like leading project with 200 persons anyway i even play games at that time, but this year i decided to quit it for my studies and for my future because games ain't helping me or improving me, so and with time i become a better person I got good marks and thanks to god. so to concluded and why i have written all this i want your opinion about games and your experience with it.

Something similar happened to me. I was introvert which ended not playing outdoor games with friends. So, Computer became my friend and I enjoyed playing virtual games plus learning some IT programs which is still beneficial to me till date. English of-course got better whereas the English education in my country wasn't much good enough.

There were strategy games which I got addicted like Age of Empires / Mythology. I would spend couple of hours playing these game on LAN on days where internet wasn't much. Plus, shooting game like counter strike was another addiction too.

Now games are played on smart phone and PUBG is one of my addiction to the latest date.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-30-2021, 05:59 PM
Last Post: xdude
06-29-2020, 07:33 AM
Last Post: humanpuff69
05-24-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: sAmI

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting