arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make a SAMP Server - Ubuntu
Hello,

You don't need knowledge when you are installing a game server from the tutorials, i will give you a very easy tutorial, please just follow my steps.

You should also USE Ubuntu 14.04 as this tutorial is for Ubuntu ONLY.

Use your SSH Client and login to the VPS. I suggest you to use BitWise SSH Client, its easy for new people.
When you have logged in.

Write these commands.
apt-get update

apt-get upgrade

Write this to download SAMP Server Files:

wget [url=http://files.sa-mp.com/samp037svr_R2-1.tar.gz]http://files.sa-mp.com/samp037svr_R2-1.tar.gz[/url]
[url=http://files.sa-mp.com/samp037svr_R2-1.tar.gz][/url]

when its downloaded, extract it by writing this command.
tar -xnvf samp037svr_R2-1.tar.gz

The files are extracted now lets enter the folder.
cd samp*

Now i will suggest you to use FileZilla, if you don't know what is FileZilla, search it in google and download FileZilla Client.
When you have downloaded it, start FileZilla.
You will see these. Host, Username, Password, Port.
You should put your VPS IP in your Host.
You should put root in Username.
You should put put password of your VPS(root password).
You should use the port 22.

When its done, with FileZilla, enter the SAMP folder, just click on it two times.
There is server .cfg, use your right mouse button and click edit, if it says something about editor, use the custom editor.
Now change your password there, also RCON PASSWORD is necessary to change, if you do not change your server will not run.
When you have done it, save it.
now go to your BitWise SSH Client, you were in SAMP Folder.
We have to change the permissions of some files to make the server work.
Write this to change the permissions.
chmod +x samp03svr

write this to start server.
./samp03svr

You will see something written in your BitWise SSH Client that server is running, now you can connect to your server with 7777 PORT.
Your VPS IP, and port will be 7777 if u have not changed it.
So, you missing the ''' screen ./samp03svr ''' or you don't need use ?
(05-27-2016, 03:01 PM)KripTon Wrote: So, you missing the ''' screen ./samp03svr ''' or you don't need use ?

This tutorial was just about how to make a SAMP Server, screen is used if you want to keep the server open.
Don't confuse people that the tutorial is only for "Ubuntu 14.04". It can work on any debian-based OS.
And P.S. I don't like the way you say that "You don't need knowledge...". You still need it when using those servers.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
(05-28-2016, 01:00 AM)Conan Wrote: Don't confuse people that the tutorial is only for "Ubuntu 14.04". It can work on any debian-based OS.
And P.S. I don't like the way you say that "You don't need knowledge...". You still need it when using those servers.

Agreed, without knowledge you can't manage a server, if you knows how to use/manage a server then you can easily install any package with help of documentation available on that Package's website.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(05-28-2016, 02:42 AM)TrK Wrote:
(05-28-2016, 01:00 AM)Conan Wrote: Don't confuse people that the tutorial is only for "Ubuntu 14.04". It can work on any debian-based OS.

Agreed, without knowledge you can't manage a server, if you knows how to use/manage a server then you can easily install any package with help of documentation available on that Package's website.

You can even manage without a documentation if you have enough knowledge and if the program is not too complicated.

I said Ubuntu 14.04 because it was tested on it, it will not work on CentOS, as commands are different. People would start complaining if i had wrote that it would work in all OS. And yes, you don't need knowledge of anything when following the steps, just check how easy they are. You just need to know how to open root and just paste the command, this is mostly for new people, who just got the VPS, but wants to make the SAMP Server.
(05-28-2016, 08:06 AM)Lampard Wrote:

I said Ubuntu 14.04 because it was tested on it, it will not work on CentOS, as commands are different. People would start complaining if i had wrote that it would work in all OS. And yes, you don't need knowledge of anything when following the steps, just check how easy they are. You just need to know how to open root and just paste the command, this is mostly for new people, who just got the VPS, but wants to make the SAMP Server.

You need knowledge to copy-paste commands and even use SSH. .-.

If it's only tested on it, why did you put "Only for ubuntu 14.04"? The meaning is totally different. You should put "Only tested on ubuntu 14.04". And no one said that you should write that it works for any OS. I said that it would work for any debian-based OS since they use apt-get too
(05-29-2016, 12:44 AM)Conan Wrote:

If it's only tested on it, why did you put "Only for ubuntu 14.04"? The meaning is totally different. You should put "Only tested on ubuntu 14.04". And no one said that you should write that it works for any OS. I said that it would work for any debian-based OS since they use apt-get too

The word "Knowledge" here is used like you don't need knowledge of commands, or anything like that. And i don't understand why you are using the word "Knowledge" for copy, pasting? Why would a person come here, and get the VPS, if he has no knowledge of Copy, pasting? I also mentioned which SSH Client to use, and the software that i suggested is easy to use, and of course, you just need the "Knowledge" of copying and pasting to use this software.
(05-29-2016, 03:23 PM)Lampard Wrote:
(05-29-2016, 12:44 AM)Conan Wrote:

The word "Knowledge" here is used like you don't need knowledge of commands, or anything like that. And i don't understand why you are using the word "Knowledge" for copy, pasting? Why would a person come here, and get the VPS, if he has no knowledge of Copy, pasting? I also mentioned which SSH Client to use, and the software that i suggested is easy to use, and of course, you just need the "Knowledge" of copying and pasting to use this software.

Maybe the best we can use is "Basic Knowledge".

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting