arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intel’s next-gen 7nm chips are delayed until at least 2022
Hey,

So Intel recently launched their 10nm products in the market(which too faced ALOT of delays.) however the company recently in their 2020 Q2 Earning release stated that their roadmap for their 7nm chips will face another delay of six months bringing it from a release of Fall 2021 to Early 2022 or late 2022. This is ofcourse a major setback for Intel as their competitor in the CPU Market, Ryzen(by AMD) is already on 7nm and offers better price to performance ratio and has pushed Intel out of its monopoly of CPUs and has forced them to decrease prices of their products to match AMD's offerings.

This announcement (made by Intel's CEO Bob Swan) was ofcourse a major hit to the company economically too as the company plunged 18% after the announcement.

Personally, I think Intel is not as competitive as it was 10 years ago, and while they were on the lead, they were too busy singing their glory while the competitor catched up, and now they're in a very desperate situation. On the other hand Ryzen offers better bang for the buck, better upgrade-ability in the future(As Ryzen 1st -> Ryzen 4th Gen uses the same AM4 Socket), more security (I'm sure you've all heard of Meltdown & Spectre).

My System has always been Intel but if this continues my next choice would obviously be Ryzen.
Let me know what u guys think about this.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
I have read this news today and I am laughing since it. AMD and Nvidia both have 7nm processing productions. Intel is losing on CPU market and their new iGPU that comes with 11th gen is likely a Nvidia MX 350.

Intel milked their customers too much, they didnt want to improve but just re-sell a rebrand technology: 14nm+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++.

They need a sort of magic so be able to get up from this beat down.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(07-25-2020, 01:47 PM)LightDestory Wrote: I have read this news today and I am laughing since it. AMD and Nvidia both have 7nm processing productions. Intel is losing on CPU market and their new iGPU that comes with 11th gen is likely a Nvidia MX 350.

Intel milked their customers too much, they didnt want to improve but just re-sell a rebrand technology: 14nm+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++.

They need a sort of magic so be able to get up from this beat down.

Yup totally agreed. Intel has been forced to make desperate changes to their die for 10th gen processors to not overheat and still be somewhat competitive towards AMD. Its basically how it used to be when AMD was desperate and Intel was the CPU King, now Its the opposite lol.

Personally I don't think any amount of magic can fix Intel's broken state unless they redesign their whole architecture (Like AMD did for Ryzen), but Intel is probably too far into 10nm and 7nm research for that to happen. I also think the Intel GPU/iGPUs won't be a match compared to what AMD and Nvidia are gonna bring to the table in September. (RTX 3080 vs Big Navi?)
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(07-26-2020, 07:10 AM)Honey Wrote: Yup totally agreed. Intel has been forced to make desperate changes to their die for 10th gen processors to not overheat and still be somewhat competitive towards AMD. Its basically how it used to be when AMD was desperate and Intel was the CPU King, now Its the opposite lol.

Personally I don't think any amount of magic can fix Intel's broken state unless they redesign their whole architecture (Like AMD did for Ryzen), but Intel is probably too far into 10nm and 7nm research for that to happen. I also think the Intel GPU/iGPUs won't be a match compared to what AMD and Nvidia are gonna bring to the table in September. (RTX 3080 vs Big Navi?)

Intel iGPU doesn't aim to be the high-end but just a more powerful iGPU for laptop, so we will not need to switch over the dGPU so often (well if we ever buy a Intel-powered laptop anymore).

Unfortunately, we are still forced to buy Intel powered machine:
  • AMD Ryzen 4000 series for laptop has been announced and released but right now no OEM is building an high end laptop powered by AMD... Why? The rumors says that Intel is paying OEM to use its CPUs for high end spec machines. AMD told us:"Ask OEM the reason why AMD CPU are not used high end machine..."
  • Thunderbolt technology has been set royality free by Intel 1 year ago but no OEM is pushing out laptop or motherboard based on AMD that support this interface, maybe just one by MSI released recently. Thunderbolt is a very useful interface with a lot of feature and speeds!
  • Videogames such as CS:GO seems to be more on favour of Intel with their FPS, but I think eSport will soon change into AMD powered pcs.
For example, I am waiting to buy a new laptop but I am stucked because no high end ryzen laptop has been released, moreover OEM seems to boycott their own laptop, just read about the issues of ASus TUF A15/A17.

As comsumer we can only wait for a OEM that decides to break this silence.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
I personally do not have any favor towards either Intel or AMD. But I do hope that Intel can catch up with their 7nm chips faster.

Because I want Intel and AMD have healthy competition.

I do not want either one of them clearly wins the whole market, as it will not be a good thing for consumers.

I feel like intel is slowly becoming like Adobo. These guys released a Photoshop version every year with few minor changes. I used Photoshop CS6 which was released in 2012. 8 or 9 versions released after that and I have still found it good enough for all my work stuff. My Desktop has a 4th Gen Intel i5 processor which works great. I might upgrade RAMs to 16GM or many Board and RAM types to DDR4. But I don't see a reason to change the processor.

Does Intel or AMD make processors for mobile devices too?

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Golden
01-03-2018, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Arkiven4
11-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Conan

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting