arrow_upward

Pages (5):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Apple too greedy?
Hey, did you read the recent news? 
No?
Don't panic, Lightdestory is here to sum up them for you!
Here a single-line-per-event roadmap:
  1. Epic Games introduces on Fornite for iOS and Android a "direct" payment system that offer lower prices thanks to the no-Apple tax;
  2. Apple gets angry because Epic Games dare to go against the rules set by Apple and kicks out Fornite from App Store;
  3. Epic Games, that was ready for this response, started a campaign to stop the abuse performed by Apple and its monopoly;
  4. Spotify that tried the same approch years ago without any success, steps in on Epic Games side;
  5. Apple announce that if Epic Games doesn't remove the new payment system, Apple will terminate Epic Games dev-accounts and dev-tools (such as the support for Unreal Engine for iOS and Mac);
  6. Epics games takes on court Apple, Microsoft sides with Epic Games because Apple threat regarding Unreal Engine support on iOs and Mac will damage every game developer, like them with Forza mobile game.
  7. Between this little war, Apple forces a free app caled "Wordpress" to introduce microtransations to get 30% of taxes;
  8. Apple steps back regarding the WordPress matter;
  9. Regarding the Apple-Epic_Games courts... a judge announce that: Apple can kick out fornite from AppStore because the game goes against the rules of the store BUT Apple can't terminate the support of Unreal Engine on iOS and Mac;
  10. Apple blocks a Facebook update that says Apple get 30% of the money from the "donation" system developed by Facebook to aid the e-commerce affected by covid.
What do you think about it? Doesn't seem like Apple is too much greed?
Let me know your throughts!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
I totally agree with you @LightDestory But not only Apple, all of those guys. Like one of the reasons I like my Windows 7 is I still get my old fashioned games like I'm used to in File Manager. Windows 8 plus Microsoft wants one to visit some or other play store and register - all part of making plenty of bucks. When I think of the License fees Microsoft charges I'm horrified at their greed and it's getting more and more. Another greedy vendor is Adobe with its software, and since they set the trend, any one who develops something with Linux wants payment for it. Whereas the original developer of Linux provided it for free. I wish there were a way to stop this madness. For me this is almost the equivalent of slave masters having us all in chains - somewhere some one has to take the lead to break it.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Yes. This is one of those reasons what makes me stay out of Apple. They seem to be cash everything and everyone if it's possible. They asked to be given 30% of all transactions happens on their platform. There are other companies like that even Mircosoft but when it comes to milking their customers Apple seems to be at top of the list. This has been happening for a long time. I thought Apple would be slowly loosing the market when other brands and OSes becoming better. But with US and China trade war and eveything Apple seems to be gaining the market share again.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

They asked to be given 30% of all transactions happens on their platform. There are other companies like that even Mircosoft but when it comes to milking their customers Apple seems to be at top of the list. This has been happening for a long time. I thought Apple would be slowly loosing the market when other brands and OSes becoming better. But with US and China trade war and eveything Apple seems to be gaining the market share again.

@xdude
Apple has a lot of commercial bounds with China, everything is likely made in China for Apple products. It is still unknown how Apple will price the new iPhone due to the USA import-tax but Apple has strong roots on these country and a lot of brain-dead customer that buy whatever has an Apple logo.
The main difference between Apple and the other companies, like Google and Microsoft, is that Apple force the use of its IAP system without giving an alternative. With Google or Microsoft you are not force to use for example PlayStore's IAP or Microsoft Store's IAP.
On Android you can easily buy a Netflix mothnly plan inside the application using PayPal or other payment systems, Apple doesn't allow it.

Moreover, Apple allow trasparency: you can't inform the customer about the Apple-tax, you can't advert to "buy the X via browser because inside the app there is a 30% more"...
I have mixed feelings about this topic, I feel that the price of the product can be a bit gougey at points, but I also am never disappointed with products I have purchase from them. I have a full Apple ecosystem in my home and workflow, so I am pretty dedicated as you can see. While I don't fully agree with what they are doing with Epic Games and others that provide In App Purchases outside of the App Store, it was in their terms of services that we as developers agree to when we register and pay to be a member of the developer program. I guess I am blessed that I do not have in app purchases through my app, but I am under the constraints with health data and information, so I play by those sets of rules, not those that game and other developers play by.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
if apple greedy? here is how i see apple making sells.
[Image: aAP20OL_460s.jpg]

so if they are greedy? Yes.
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
I would agree that Apple is indeed too greedy. But Apple is allowed to do it because there is still no real single high-quality competitor in the market.

As a normal customer, we all need more good quality competitors to help lowering the price. That 30% extra money is just way too high. Sad

(09-27-2020, 09:26 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: I would agree that Apple is indeed too greedy. But Apple is allowed to do it because there is still no real single high-quality competitor in the market.  

As a normal customer, we all need more good quality competitors to help lowering the price. That 30% extra money is just way too high.  Sad

apple offers high hardware quality so does google as far as i know you can ask china to make anything you want with the quality you want more quality ofc mean higher price.
 the problem is the software there are plenty of options for for mobile OS Plasma Mobile,postmarketOS full list here https://itsfoss.com/open-source-alternatives-android/

but big companies not picking up those softwares and using them even though they are open source because they are too greedy and afraid of the market competition that will come after.
I think every company is "greedy" if u put it that way. Whether it be Google or Apple they both earn massive amounts of money from their cuts in their app stores and in return they help provide basic framework for Apps and incase of Apple security for the consumers.

I think Apple should decrease their tax on the store but even if they don't I wouldn't consider them wrong as it's their own store and they may set the rate to whatever they think is okay.

Fortnite however was rightfully banned as they went against the app store rules and regulations
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(09-27-2020, 09:26 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: I would agree that Apple is indeed too greedy. But Apple is allowed to do it because there is still no real single high-quality competitor in the market.  

As a normal customer, we all need more good quality competitors to help lowering the price. That 30% extra money is just way too high.  Sad

Hell no, just look at their iMac Pro.
It is heavy overpriced!
Just look at amazon for the same specs and you will see an increase of over 250% of the final price.

Apple just lives over the money of its fan-base.
Pages (5):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Khadeer143

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting