arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to enlarge local drive(C:) at a different time in windows?
My local disk is almost full, is there any way that I can enlarge the drive size and install new softwares?

Thank you  Sweet

Press the Windows Key and the R key at the same time to open the Run dialog. Paste DISKMGMT.MSC into it and hit enter.

The Windows disk management console will open. Locate the hard drive with the C partition and the other partitions on the same hard drive. You can right click the other partitions and shrink them in size. After that you can see the free available space to make partition C bigger (right click C and you will see the option to do so once enough free space is available).
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Move some files to local disk d or e or store them in any pen drive for free up space
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

(10-21-2018, 08:14 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: Press the Windows Key and the R key at the same time to open the Run dialog. Paste DISKMGMT.MSC into it and hit enter.

The Windows disk management console will open. Locate the hard drive with the C partition and the other partitions on the same hard drive. You can right click the other partitions and shrink them in size. After that you can see the free available space to make partition C bigger (right click C and you will see the option to do so once enough free space is available).
The problem is the 'extend' option is unclickable, only shrink is available.

Thank you  Sweet

Thumbs Up 
Why not you use AMOEI Partitions Manager (Free!)
It's absolutely free and can even transfer more storage space of other Partitions to the smaller one without restarting computer.....
It's absolutely verified and I have used it very often!!!!!
Great Soft. With a lots of feature....
You should use it:- https://filehippo.com/download_aomei_par...d_edition/
Terminal
Thankyou Post4VPS, @Pacific Spirit (Hostlease) for a Free VPS!
+
Thankyou to @Neoon for a Free NanoKVM VPS
(10-21-2018, 07:55 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: My local disk is almost full, is there any way that I can enlarge the drive size and install new softwares?

I usually take a time like this to clean up the local disk. Get rid of all of the software that is no longer used. Like it's amazing when one cleans up all of the junk and use the disk cleaner as well, with how much space is saved.

Out of curiosity, how big is your local drive and by how much were you thinking of enlarging it by?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
The default disk cleaner works well if you select more options to expunge. Also How can you enlarge the C: drive without having more spaces? Do you have external drive? Or you didn't use the full HDD space on C drive? You can easily expand it using built in tool and searching Disk management. Although I would recommend EaseUS for better usability
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
I
(10-22-2018, 09:47 PM)deanhills Wrote: how big is your local drive and by how much were you thinking of enlarging it by?

Local Disk Size : 63 GB
Total HDD Space : 297 GB
Unallocated 98 GB

Thank you  Sweet

(10-22-2018, 05:04 PM)Littlemaster Wrote: The problem is the 'extend' option is unclickable, only shrink is available.

Do you have free volume to extend it? Confirm that you have free volume to extend it.As Hidden Refuge told you that volume can be shrink with that shrink option.
Here is another way.Shrink the volume from Disk Management.

Open Command Prompt.

Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size in megabytes (MB).

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
I personally try some of those procedures and some more which not mention here are done by my IT expert but the results are not good or reliable. disk compression makes many disorders and misbehave of .exe files. at the end we done to repartitions because if you mess with software application executable files it should be misbehave or slowdown your process.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-30-2021, 07:03 PM
Last Post: hamed
07-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: chanalku91

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting