arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any way?
I have a gaming headset and an earphone.
My gaming headset goes in my PC and earphone goes in my laptop.
However, I use both of them at the same time. For PC, I use it for microphones and maintaining live support online time and for laptop, I use it for gaming.
However, using headset over earphones are inconvenient and just does a lot of noise-cancellation plus my ears hurt after some time.
I was wondering if there is any way to make use of my gaming headset for my laptop without taking the wires off my PC?
(They're both wired). 

Fyi, both are connected on same router network.

My headset. 
https://i.imgur.com/biSuuoe.png
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
(07-29-2020, 06:48 AM)Manal Wrote: I have a gaming headset and an earphone.
My gaming headset goes in my PC and earphone goes in my laptop.
However, I use both of them at the same time. For PC, I use it for microphones and maintaining live support online time and for laptop, I use it for gaming.
However, using headset over earphones are inconvenient and just does a lot of noise-cancellation plus my ears hurt after some time.
I was wondering if there is any way to make use of my gaming headset for my laptop without taking the wires off my PC?
(They're both wired). 

Fyi, both are connected on same router network.

My headset. 
https://i.imgur.com/biSuuoe.png

If the laptop is equipped with jack ports you can use one of the following combination:
  • Use a jack cable splitter (1 Female and 2 Male) to connect the same device to two different input ports, you can use a cable like this: Link
  • Use a jacj cable joiner (2 Female and 1 Male)  and use a jack Female-Female adapter to connect your device: 1 Female - 2 Male cable FemaleFemale adapter. You will need male-to-male cables to connect into the joiner!
The second configuration does the same thing of the first but for me is more flexible and reusable for other jobs.
If your headset comes with a unified jack for both audio and microphone feature you will need a splitter that divides the signals: like this

I am using a system like this to use a single 5.1 audio system on 2 different pc without swapping cables. I have usually 1 pc powered at time, but you if use them both at the same you will need to mute one pc when using the other one!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Is there any way to do that over network? They're connected on same network.
The problem with physicality is the distance between those two ports.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
Something like https://www.stardock.com/products/acousticbridge/ ?

Honestly, no one would really do this over network. I wouldn't recommend it. A real mixer with cables long enough would make more sense.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting